Patch Notes v1.2.8

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't like new cavalry AI in patch 1.2.8. Something is wrong with that. In patch 1.1.x cavalry were way more challenging in battles. They need more attention from dev-team. Can I hope for a small hotfix patch any soon?
I agree, the changes in Ai has not been great. I do like that archers aren't so OP, but other areas are not good. I wouldn't hope for a quick fix as when they make changes it takes them months or years to fix it. Look at the reinforcement system, troops spawn behind you, and you can get down to 200 vs 200 in a 1,000 battle size before anyone gets reinforcements. TW said it would be fixed in 1.2.0, here is 1.2.8 and nothing done.

Having kids in the game seems kind of pointless right now, unless you are going for total map conquest.

Finished the barbarian campaign in 1706 days, 2 years before my son become of age, and I rushed to find wive and reproduce at 22.

Maybe there could be a lore friendly way of skipping some time or something so they actually matter during a bigger part of the game.

Also the barbarian victory steam achievement is not well synchronized and steam gave it to me after killing 2/3 of the imperial factions. And the ending video had very low volume audio, and the game song was still playing, so there seem to be some techical issues there (I played 1.2.7).

Having kids in the game seems kind of pointless right now, unless you are going for total map conquest.

Finished the barbarian campaign in 1706 days, 2 years before my son become of age, and I rushed to find wive and reproduce at 22.

Maybe there could be a lore friendly way of skipping some time or something so they actually matter during a bigger part of the game.

Also the barbarian victory steam achievement is not well synchronized and steam gave it to me after killing 2/3 of the imperial factions. And the ending video had very low volume audio, and the game song was still playing, so there seem to be some techical issues there (I played 1.2.7).
My suggestions was make a slider or option, 1) shorten days per month, example 10 days so it would move the game twice as fast. 2) xp slider to compensate, same example 2X xp, so you would gain the same xp but games would go twice as fast. at 20 year old can go 30+ years or 2400 days. in my example death would come into play in just 1200 days or you could make it even faster with higher xp. think of only playing 1200 or 600 days then family take over. That would make children vital to your campaign. I feel that is a great idea, and of course its an option or slider so people can use it or not and have fun the way they love it. TW devs dont think its good but offering more options cont make people mad but can only make people happy if they choose to do it. Doing nothing wont make people happy but can get people frustrated not having options. Their solution does no good, mine does good for some and nothing for others. Which do you all think is better

My suggestions was make a slider or option, 1) shorten days per month, example 10 days so it would move the game twice as fast. 2) xp slider to compensate, same example 2X xp, so you would gain the same xp but games would go twice as fast. at 20 year old can go 30+ years or 2400 days. in my example death would come into play in just 1200 days or you could make it even faster with higher xp. think of only playing 1200 or 600 days then family take over. That would make children vital to your campaign. I feel that is a great idea, and of course its an option or slider so people can use it or not and have fun the way they love it. TW devs dont think its good but offering more options cont make people mad but can only make people happy if they choose to do it. Doing nothing wont make people happy but can get people frustrated not having options. Their solution does no good, mine does good for some and nothing for others. Which do you all think is better

Yes, some slider for day or year length could give more possibilities. Or maybe add the option to spend 2 weeks training your troops, improving your fiefs or boosting your kids skills for example. But the easiest option would be to at least advance usable age at 16.

Yesterday I learned that the 225 smith perk can raise your focus points in 1H/2H to effective level of 6 if it has already been raised to 5 normally. Could a Dev comment on whether or not that is intended?

edit: I tried it myself and it works FWIW. I also learned that if you pick the right choices for your younger siblings, you can get them to 6 bow. Pretty good hidden mechanic.

Last edited:
Allow us to name and (if possible) edit our companions, imagine having aragorn, Legolas and gimli as companions
You can already edit names, I think. Changing appearance would be weird. I would like to be able to take my son to the barber, but that feels like a very good bit of realism that I dislike my son’s haircut.

You can already edit names, I think. Changing appearance would be weird. I would like to be able to take my son to the barber, but that feels like a very good bit of realism that I dislike my son’s haircut.
You can't change names, but that's the thing I really want to do, I don't really care about appearance

Also why are things like crowns and plumed helmets so rare, it's so ****ing stupid, just make them really expensive instead of making them impossible to find

So as a vassal, you can initiate a raid on a village to throw your faction into a war with that faction. Bypassing the "vote for war". Is this intended? You could basically join someone as a vassal, then make sure they end up in war with every other faction possible, then leave and watch the bonfire.

Back
Top Bottom