Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

The devs made the encyclopedia for a reason, it's a real hassle to pick up information from NPCs that can become outdated within a day.

Being omni-god of knowledge is boring for me. No place for scouting, planning etc. Just look in encyclopedia and decide the target. Of course this is my personal feeling about this option and i won't try to force anyone to think the same if they don't/

Being omni-god of knowledge is boring for me. No place for scouting, planning etc. Just look in encyclopedia and decide the target. Of course this is my personal feeling about this option and i won't try to force anyone to think the same if they don't/
If you don't like being an omni-god of knowledge so much why don't you give the power to me? You can enjoy being a mere mortal who can only be 'good enough' while I go out of my way in taking over Calradia like a conquering god, then onwards to infinity and beyond.

If you don't like being an omni-god of knowledge so much why don't you give the power to me? You can enjoy being a mere mortal who can only be 'good enough' while I go out of my way in taking over Calradia like a conquering god, then onwards to infinity and beyond.

Then just use encyclopedia to the fullest. The power is already there xD.

For me it's just that even if I don't want to use the encyclopedia information I have no other way to get the info and I cannot avoid seeing it when I look for other info like putting marker on settlement I want to go to.

We just put out another hotfix to the beta branch. ......

just a request, please for the sake of MOD Users, can you increment the mod version (1.31 ) so that at least we can still play while new version are being developed?
The update has broken a valuable mod (MBFastDialogs) which sucks as its worth its weight in gold that one.

AI lords do deal with bandits though, because they are programmed to. They will even clear out hideouts (edit: they don't actually enter hideouts to do this, so I'm unsure if they can lose troops during the process). And because they suffer from the same autocalc problems as the player, they can end up losing plenty of high tiered troops in the process too.
Ive never witnessed the bandit mechanic. I just don't see how they would chase bandits (or clear out) when they are low on troops. The main AI feature that is a staple through M&B is that AI lords run away from parties that are bigger/stronger than them. So, I don't totally buy it. Anyways. Maybe theres some things I don't fully know about, but I still think 10% is too generous and maybe 0% too stingy

I deeply agree with this!
Lords should be using garrison from their fief as their initial respawn units and the garrison troops should have their own way to expand and upgrade.
They can also be given with an escout of mercenary units if they are some rich lords(it would be much better if the mercs are at least *2 more expensive than the regular units and allow the lords to dismiss them when his regular troops grow larger).
wow +1, didn't even think about the garrison. That makes a lot of sense and will also help them with wages (since they are taking from garrison after losing, instead of recruiting more right away. I guess there is some juggling for the AI how much to take from garrison, how much to recruit new).

+1

Hello guys, anyone esle have this bug? And is this being addressed? Cause I can't play last 2 patches...
Thanks for the answer... I would like to already add up to the 100h I already have

That's one way for factions to get snowballed. Wait 7 days to respawn. Wait another 3-4 days to recruit enough troops to dare venture out to recruit more or they are gonna get eaten by bandits. By the time they have recruited enough troops it has been 3 ingame weeks and the enemy has taken half their fiefs. 10% is nothing, it is about 10-15 troops on average.
maybe. It really has to be tested. I don't think its 3 weeks. I didn't say both, I said, either 0% and spawn day 0. or 10% spawn 3-7 days later.
Both is just totally unfair, and doesn't make sense.

The main point, is to give a better, more realistic cooldown, and yes, a kingdom should lose fiefs if they lost in the open field a decisive battle. Don't forget, sieging 1 fief takes about a week (more if you are using siege weapons for the player for instance). I don't think 3 weeks is half a kingdom honestly, I have played a lot, maybe 14 in game years. Maybe at the end end end game it could be like that, but at that stage, kingdoms have multiple armies (and so losing 1 doesn't massively change anything, especially given the current re-recruiting/spawn rate!!!!)

Like I said, its worth a test, and I think you have to make big swings for changes and then re-adjust, I don't think the current mechanic is any good. As I said, 20 lords can respawn, 200-300 troops + start recruiting asap. 300 is a lot at the high end!!!!

You have the same allsight like AI. You have garrisons and prosperity in encyclopedia.

Edit:
Just to note. I don't like this solution with all info available in encyclopedia cause it seems that player has the best spy network in all Calradia knowing exactly what's the situation on the other side of the map. Maybe it should be changed to store the information from the time You last visited the place/spoke with lord.

maybe you have the capability for all sight. AI would literally have it In its 'brain' at all times, its not the same. Lets be realistic when we make claims.

recruiting gives you a mix of units, not only tier 0,1......
And how many high-tier troops will you or any Lord gain from simple recruiting? Without any looter-grind and stuff? The number will be quite insubstantial, and if the lords will form an army, it will consist 2/3 of recruits. We will return to the very point we began from.

Some companions still not update their location properly in the encyclopedia.
It claims they are seen on a certain town today , although they moved to another town.
That location stays the same throughout the campaign and it always updates to 'seen today'.
You can find them in other towns but you need to look for them.
Had it happen to 2 out of 5 companions i looked for on latest beta build.

Same for me in my new game after the update. At least the guy I searched was in the next city.

Now please fix "useless" companions like a healer/surgeon with INT 1-2. I expect a healer/surgeon to have at least INT 4+.

Jeremus, where are you when I need you :wink:

Same for me in my new game after the update. At least the guy I searched was in the next city.

Now please fix "useless" companions like a healer/surgeon with INT 1-2. I expect a healer/surgeon to have at least INT 4+.

Jeremus, where are you when I need you :wink:

If you haven't seen this yet you may enjoy it.

Last edited:
I have took a crash only one times at MP but in SP I havent get yet but at during weeks ı havent play bannerlord because I finished one game Im in Empire and we took all settlement and I havent play again SP because there arent any new features. all patch and update are about fix. Are there any plans about EA when taleworlda add new features or dialogs?

maybe. It really has to be tested. I don't think its 3 weeks. I didn't say both, I said, either 0% and spawn day 0. or 10% spawn 3-7 days later.
Both is just totally unfair, and doesn't make sense.

The main point, is to give a better, more realistic cooldown, and yes, a kingdom should lose fiefs if they lost in the open field a decisive battle. Don't forget, sieging 1 fief takes about a week (more if you are using siege weapons for the player for instance). I don't think 3 weeks is half a kingdom honestly, I have played a lot, maybe 14 in game years. Maybe at the end end end game it could be like that, but at that stage, kingdoms have multiple armies (and so losing 1 doesn't massively change anything, especially given the current re-recruiting/spawn rate!!!!)

Like I said, its worth a test, and I think you have to make big swings for changes and then re-adjust, I don't think the current mechanic is any good. As I said, 20 lords can respawn, 200-300 troops + start recruiting asap. 300 is a lot at the high end!!!!
That was just an example of 1 lord. Now imagine that with 10+ lords at the same time. Sat waiting in towns fighting for recruits, they are going to need maybe 20 recruits to safely leave. Then they will be running around the villages fighting for recruits. Yes they can take out of garrisons, but this will then lead them to be weakend and only having about 200 militia defending.

Also don't forget that they have decreased the chance for lords to escape and then they will respawn 2 days later once they have, that could be over a week anyway..

As for losing fiefs not being a big deal. It is a big deal for the AI as it means less recruits. Don't forget that the AI will only recruit from their own kingdoms settlements. The player doesn't have this issue as they can recruit from any non-hostile settlement.

Getting the balance is going to be tough but having them spawn with nothing is a bit harsh.

I also checked armor in encyclopedia but It could be tricky. For example, Unthery wears armor but he is not a Commander. The best way to check It, is creating an army and check if you can call this lord. If you are not a vassal of the same faction, the other effective way is checking the reports in encyclopedia, if the lord has been taken prisioner, etc.
Oh, good catch. You're right about Nywin.

So what I've picked up now is that if you hover over a lord's portrait in the encyclopedia the tooltip will either say "Nobleman" or "Vassal" of the faction. Vassals are the ones that have parties and Noblemen do not.
So yeah, I think 3 parties for clans is the max number for the AI while it is 4 for the player.
Yeah, I believe clan tier 5+ have a max of 3 vassal parties, and <5 tier clans can only create 2 parties from what I can tell. I haven't actually seen a case of an NPC clan that had 3 or more viable members cross from tier 4 to tier 5 yet, so I don't know if they will create another vassal party at this point or not. Julios is an example of a clan that has 3 viable members but only 2 vassal parties.

You also see weird cases where some clans have vassals that have low combat skills despite having a war party because the clan doesn't have enough members who spawn in with them. That's the case of Nywin in clan fen Derngil. Clan Varros is also like that.

Ive never witnessed the bandit mechanic. I just don't see how they would chase bandits (or clear out) when they are low on troops. The main AI feature that is a staple through M&B is that AI lords run away from parties that are bigger/stronger than them. So, I don't totally buy it. Anyways. Maybe theres some things I don't fully know about, but I still think 10% is too generous and maybe 0% too stingy
I didn't mean to imply that lords were fighting bandit parties that were stronger than them. I'm saying they spend part of their time patrolling around settlements clearing out bandit parties. They can take losses during this process just like the player. Here's a quick example:
Patrolling-4.png
Patrolling-2.png
Patrolling-3.png
And here's my source that they clear out hideouts. I'm simply saying that a lord's sole motive is not to just seek and destroy the player, so even if they spawn with 10% of troops they are programmed to have other duties that they will carry out, and need troops to do so.

Also, lords that are defeated in battle (and don't rout) will always be captured; they do not instantly respawn. The average time to escape for an AI lord taken prisoner by another AI lord ranges from roughly 2 to 4.5 days. This essentially acts as a "cooldown" like you were talking about and isn't drastically different from the 3-7 days that you suggested. They do have a chance to escape before then which can make it seem instantaneous, but that's the average time to escape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom