Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner lord needs a good Co-op mode in it. I really got to thinking about this after playing a bunch of Fire & Sword's Captain Co-op mode. But Bannerlord should really have a co-op mode in it, and a far better one at that.

It can really be a ton of fun to get a good team together and able to beat pretty much anything the enemy might throw at you. But it's not a perfect mode. There's a modded server called Dynamic Squads that adds a lot of improvements and some cool things for the mode, but it too isn't perfect. I think I'll just list the pros and cons of both the vanilla and the Dynamic Squads mod.

Vanilla pros
Troops are reliably stable: Pikemen are pikemen, cavalry are cavalry, and ranged guy are ranged guys. They're pretty straightforward and you can rely on them to do their jobs.

Vanilla cons
Not all factions are created equal: Not every faction does super great on every map. Factions like the Polish with their pike infantry do pretty well on most maps, but others like the Crimean Khanate are kinda screwed on a lot of maps.
The Squad limit of 6: While it doesn't  stop your team from working together or fighting pretty effectively, it can take away the scale of the battle.
Maps are a little too basic and simple: Some of the maps are too simple or basic. The best option on many of them is to just hold up in a building or ruins

Dynamic Squads pros
Maps are all different and unique: The maps on this modded server are really great, and I highly recommend that anyone who owns Fire & Sword should check out the server, even if just for the cool maps. Each one really feels like its own thing and feel like a lot of work went into making them.
The squad size is much larger: This can really make it feel like battles and not just big skirmishes. And it can be pretty fun to get like 30 guys under your command and you choose to work together and work out how to defend yourselves.
Some of the troops are more unique: Some troops like the Tsardom Pistoleers actually have pistols rather than just being mace men, but it's not perfect, but I'll get to that in just a sec.

Dynamic Squads cons
The number of players effects the numbers per squad: For some stupid reason, the server can have 30 players on it, and that can really screw things up at times. Especially when you have so many troops holding one flank, only to have like 6 or 8 of them just disappear when a couple of people get on the server.
Some of the troops are buggy and don't work properly: Some troops, such as Polish pikemen don't always use their pikes, some of them just use their swords, which can really screw things over when you're facing a bunch of elite enemy cav.

I think they could do a few fairly simple things to make a future co-op mode far more effective. Things like

Limit it to no more than 16 players per game and 10 or 12 troops per players squad. That way you could still get a good challenge, without completely sacrificing the scale of the battle.

More varied and unique maps. Not just having a bunch of super basic maps. And that should really go for all modes in the game, not just co-op.

Another thing that could possibly work really well is have the troops copy your loadout depending on what you pick. Meaning if you pick infantry, your infantry troops will copy your weapons, that kind of thing.

That or have there be a variety of troops per faction and not just tier 1 to 4 troops. That could work especially well if they're going with the Warband factions in Bannerlord. Things like Nord Berserkers and such faction specific troops could give just picking troops more life to it instead of just having 3 kinds of troops to pick from.

I'm really sorry to have to ask this, but what is B&G?? By now I understand that TW is taleworlds, WFS is With Fire and Sword, NW is Napoleonic Wars and VC is Viking Conquest, but what is B&G?

joei160. said:
I'm really sorry to have to ask this, but what is B&G?? By now I understand that TW is taleworlds, WFS is With Fire and Sword, NW is Napoleonic Wars and VC is Viking Conquest, but what is B&G?
B&G is honestly a pretty lame mod sold as a separate game on steam.
Using the warband engine.

Ah, thank you, guys. I was curious about this game, but it looked broken by the time I went on it's page on the steam store.

It's actually pretty entertaining, offers better support for both naval combat and firearms than any mod that I am aware of, completely revamps trading and building and has lots of pretty climatic changes, including lots of new quests, such as multiple types of assassinations or dressing up as band of natives to raid some remote place. I had fun times with it, it ain't perfect, but calling it a paid mod is even less deserved than it was in VC's case.

B&G is based on Warband engine, but it is game on its own.

TheWarArmoury said:
In the siege defense the attacking army had crossbows. I wouldn't be able to point them out but they were in the kill log thing.
Just rewatched the video and noticed them too, there are both Imperial Bowmen and Imperial Sergeant Crossbowmen.

Btw have you seen the expanded E3 siege video with a kill log and even with a part of negotiations with a lord of the castle?

UndeadDuke said:
TheWarArmoury said:
In the siege defense the attacking army had crossbows. I wouldn't be able to point them out but they were in the kill log thing.
Just rewatched the video and noticed them too, there are both Imperial Bowmen and Imperial Sergeant Crossbowmen.

Btw have you seen the expanded E3 siege video with a kill log and even with a part of negotiations with a lord of the castle?

From what I've seen so far the Imperials are supposed to be some sort of jack of all trades. They even have horse archers.

:!: ARMOUR MESSENGER INCOMING :!:
Two...eh, 'unseen' armors:
b7b2a6f268.jpg
b278ef135e.jpg

Shame they did not went with the Byzantine Roman armor(from what I've seen so far), I have been waiting years for someone to make them ingame;

1346bd502019576d3cf7774b6f0a7ecf.jpg

Mamlaz said:
Shame they did not went with the Byzantine Roman armor(from what I've seen so far), I have been waiting years for someone to make them ingame;

As far as I've seen, the three imperial factions look the same, which is also a shame, but don't worry, modders will sort it out and make one of them look byzantine.

PS: I like the butt in yout avatar.

Mamlaz said:

But what about the armor on the near right here:
http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/8.jpg
and near left here:
https://www.taleworlds.com/Images/Blog/mb106-s.jpg
They look both byzantine/roman to me.

mike56 said:
Mamlaz said:

As far as I've seen, the three imperial factions look the same, which is also a shame, but don't worry, modders will sort it out and make one of them look byzantine.

The three imperial factions do not look the same.
The four soldiers shown here are obviously imperial, and we never seen armor like theirs in the videos.
It seems like northern empire to me.

AmateurHetman said:
TheGreatGold said:
:!: ARMOUR MESSENGER INCOMING :!:
Two...eh, 'unseen' armors:
b7b2a6f268.jpg
b278ef135e.jpg
First looks imperial, second armour could be Khuzait actually.
First one is imperial for sure, but second one may be Sturgian or Battanian, as that guy has an axe.

mike56 said:

Conan only plunders the finest booty.
His plundering is consensual.

TheGreatGold said:
But what about the armor on the near right here:
http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/8.jpg
and near left here:
They look both byzantine/roman to me.

That is just the usual lamellar stuff.

I am talking hanging lamellar with splinted(or leather) skirt+rerebraces(also, cape);

Byzantine_-_St_George_and_the_Dragon_-_Walters_41205.jpg

Demetrios_icon_Met_1970.324.3.jpg

HnzUO5d.jpg

senza_titolo-1_174.jpg

Also, it would not hurt them to put a bit of color in the game;

20061109_042358_Varangian2.jpg

I hope we do get some nice looking armor in the native game.

What I'm excited for is the stuff (armor, weapons, scenes) that modders are going to create. If we just look at it from a visual standpoint. (Which isn't a excuse, I know.)
Look at the game of thrones mods, especially the world of ice and fire mod. Look at the props that are created for that mod.

Just the thought of what could be created, and the armor modpacks that we might get. Almost makes me forgive TaleWorlds for the armors that they have shown up till this point.
The concept art and early screenshots looks really good. But the shown gameplay was a letdown for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom