Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanAngleland said:
But they aren't making support for specific things like guns, which you said.

I don't think you re-read your own post, so nothing else to add  :mrgreen:

Next time make sure you check the definition of support, example, modding tools and contradict.

kraggrim said:
Why were firearms supported by warband anyway?

The best support for guns came after Fire and Sword development, which included updates for the engine. Just like VC has updates created for the DLC that are also available for modders of Native.

Speaking of that I wonder if we are missing any cool toys from the Blood game (I didn't buy it, so not sure how is the engine updates for it)

jacobhinds said:
The support goes deeper than just an "easter egg", it allows for firearms which fire almost horizontal projectiles and are treated properly by the AI.  There's even a separate hardcoded slot for bullet ammo.

I never knew that, modders always seem to say the shooting is based off xbows.

TheGreatGold said:
Are we talking about NW?

nope, we were talking about Bannerlord. Then for some weird reason we started talking about old Warband and its expansions/DLC, like Fire&Sword, and the impacts they had on modding Warband.

Also remember that F&S was from ~2011, while NW was from ~2012, VC ~2014 and B&G from ~2015

Did B&G actually add anything to Warband? B&G itself seems, plays and looks like nothing but a decent mod. Even the naval battles are almost the same, if "highly" polished as the ones in the warwolf mod.

A few bits I found interesting:

Q:We'd like to learn more about demo videos and demo shows at this year's Game Show. Can you chat?

A: ... There are a lot of strategic choices in the game, when the enemy build this thing, how do you do? Should you attack with your siege equipment, or try to sneak into the city to destroy it, or Should you choose to wait for reinforcements, so in this way the game is very deep for the description of the siege warfare ...

Q: Is it possible to add some more complex actions and instructions to make riding the fighting more realistic and operational?
                                            (^^I think they mean advanced fighting moves/combos)

A: even join you dodge and roll action, we tested some in the Mount & Blade series is not our definition of sprint initiative, but allows players to sprint running like this running, we Intends to continue to do so. This game has been very complicated, and we do not want to add a lot of extra operational instructions. In the non-combat state, if you have been running, then the more will run faster. We also optimize the climbing experience so that players do not feel that the action is too contrived, we will try to join the sprint feature, we will join the dodge and roll action, try to be truly integrated in the gaming experience. So compared to make a big change, we are more to consider the details. Players need to start by intuition, but playing for a long time will gradually grasp the opportunity.
(I think he's basically saying that the combat movement shall be the mostly the same with a few tweaks. Which is what they said before.)

Q: Players often have weapons bar problem, riding on the bar to limit the weapons, how do you see this?

A: I remember the studio also discussed drawbacks arms bar, we also have many other treatments, which is a lifting of restrictions in the game, but I think this restriction is meaningful. Because it will force you to make choices in the game and thus affect your appearance, and I know that this is not in line with real life, in reality you can pass a lot of clothes, as long as you wish you, but we think the limit is still beneficial to the game Experience. So we will keep this setting, we are now on this change is that we allow players to have a "fifth" grid, of course, this is not a real weapon bar. But in the game, for example, you can pick up a stone, so like to have a fifth grid, and then some items can be used as "fifth equipment", but you can not carry two swords or two Bow and the like, and this is not always the fifth grid.
(Again, saying that the system for weapons will remain the same, though you will be able to use certain items during battle that will not count toward your inventory limit.)

Q: Have you considered putting some single-player elements into multiplayer mode, such as bringing tactical games into multiplayer mode and bringing more active games into play?

A: tactics, in the Napoleonic wars, we have captain mode, you can arrange to fellow players and even their own war, then this model is very popular, so we will continue to follow this as similar settings.

MrMundy said:
Did B&G actually add anything to Warband? B&G itself seems, plays and looks like nothing but a decent mod. Even the naval battles are almost the same, if "highly" polished as the ones in the warwolf mod.

Sounds exactly like Viking Conquest. A paid mod.

Tech-Oyun-Gamescom-2015-Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Oynan%C4%B1%C5%9F-Videosu-Yay%C4%B1nland%C4%B1.jpg
If i don't see ALL those armors in Bannerlord (including helmets and capes), im going to make them myself.

TheGreatGold said:
Tech-Oyun-Gamescom-2015-Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Oynan%C4%B1%C5%9F-Videosu-Yay%C4%B1nland%C4%B1.jpg
If i don't see ALL those armors in Bannerlord (including helmets and capes), im going to make them myself.
Judging by the main menu, helmets and capes are already confirmed. Armors are also likely to be in...

UndeadDuke said:
TheGreatGold said:
Judging by the main menu, helmets and capes are already confirmed. Armors are also likely to be in...
I knew that shoulder armor/decorations are in the game.
Those armors should be in-game because they look great.
And we still haven't seen even a bit of the Khuzait faction.

UndeadDuke said:
TheGreatGold said:
And we still haven't seen even a bit of the Khuzait faction.
Do their awesome quivers and arrows count?  :wink:
BannerlordArtwork_9.jpg
Sure they do, but are we sure those are all belonging to the Khuzait faction and is not general artwork of quivers in Bannerlord?

SixRibbons said:
I wish that Sturgians were based on Eastern Germanics like Goths But looks like they are going to pretty much Kievan Rus. A Vaegir+Nord mixture. Less interesting.
Don't the Battanians look like germanic tribes?

TheGreatGold said:
Sure they do, but are we sure those are all belonging to the Khuzait faction and is not general artwork of quivers in Bannerlord?
I think first 3 belong to bandits, 4-th and 5-th to Aserai, 6-th maybe to Sturgians, 7-th and 8-th to Battanians, no idea about the 9-th and all bottom ones belong to Khuzaits  :smile:
Imperial factions and Vlandians are going to use crossbows I suppose.

UndeadDuke said:
TheGreatGold said:
I think first 3 belong to bandits, 4-th and 5-th to Aserai, 6-th maybe to Sturgians, 7-th and 8-th to Battanians, no idea about the 9-th and all bottom ones belong to Khuzaits  :smile:
Imperial factions and Vlandians are going to use crossbows I suppose.
We already seen imperial and vlandian bowmen/archers, although there might be some archer upgrade to crossbowmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom