Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGreatGold said:
Beserker-type troops, maybe in mods (we already seen wolf helmets).

I can tell you right now that they wont implement features which they wont use themself. That would be one of the dumbest things you could do, its just wasting money and resources on something you wont be able to use activly.

Armaury said:
Did they announce early access ? it seems i miss something ? :facepalm:

Frank said in a Q&A:
Early Access less likely to come 2016 but early 2017 instead. MP beta likely to be available some time before SP early access.

Inventory screens so far showed that body slot still covers everything from neck to knees, I think. Though it would be nice to have armours that only partially cover the body model instead of replacing it, so that you have breastplates and whatnot without worrying about your hands and head not matching the skin colour.

MrMundy said:
TheGreatGold said:
Beserker-type troops, maybe in mods (we already seen wolf helmets).

I can tell you right now that they wont implement features which they wont use themself. That would be one of the dumbest things you could do, its just wasting money and resources on something you wont be able to use activly.
But you don't know if they won't use them.
And it's just another body armor item that consists in only pants.
I am not referring to another item slot, but to use the torso armor slot for pants/kilts/whatever.
It would be a simple clothing addition to the naked player model.

i wonder if we will be choosing a native land for our characters ( ex: Battanian origin, etc) and if it will affect how other npcs interact with you. Like maybe if a lord of the vlandian does not like battanians, it would be difficult to improve relations with him...

Banamond said:
i wonder if we will be choosing a native land for our characters ( ex: Battanian origin, etc) and if it will affect how other npcs interact with you. Like maybe if a lord of the vlandian does not like battanians, it would be difficult to improve relations with him...
Didn't your character in M&B always come from another land/continent and is in calradia for fortune/a better future?

TheGreatGold said:
Banamond said:
Didn't your character in M&B always come from another land/continent and is in calradia for fortune/a better future?

indeed, but it would be interesting to be from a local culture and be able to benefit\suffer from the current state of politics in calradia. I think it would add some realism to be able to feel the cultural choc between nations!

Banamond said:
TheGreatGold said:
Banamond said:

indeed, but it would be interesting to be from a local culture and be able to benefit\suffer from the current state of politics in calradia. I think it would add some realism to be able to feel the cultural choc between nations!
If you had troops from a faction you were at war with, they suffered morale drops in warband.

TheGreatGold said:
Banamond said:
TheGreatGold said:
Banamond said:

If you had troops from a faction you were at war with, they suffered morale drops in warband.

hmm interestin.. i never noticed.

MrMundy said:

That would be a waste IF and only IF the game was not meant to be modded.

Warband and Bannerlord are as much a game as they are a "limited game engine". Much of the success of the product comes from mods, including here the total conversions.

So including tools and assets for modders is not a waste. It is a investment. And a show of respect to the community that is still supporting the game after a decade.

A example is guns. Give support on the engine for guns, so modders don't need to use workarounds that limit the quality of combat.

kalarhan said:
MrMundy said:

That would be a waste IF and only IF the game was not meant to be modded.

Warband and Bannerlord are as much a game as they are a "limited game engine". Much of the success of the product comes from mods, including here the total conversions.

So including tools and assets for modders is not a waste. It is a investment. And a show of respect to the community that is still supporting the game after a decade.

A example is guns. Give support on the engine for guns, so modders don't need to use workarounds that limit the quality of combat.

They aren't going to do modders' work for them, it is a waste of development time to do that. They made that clear when asked a long time ago about gunpowder weapons; they are not creating any models nor any coding for them. I expect the increased modability of the game will allow people to make guns work well.

The reason people mod and play the game after 'a decade' is because they get some satisfaction or enjoyment out of it; nobody is thinking 'I find M&B so boring these days and get no satisfaction from playing/modding for it, but I will continue to do these things to support the game'.

DanAngleland said:
They aren't going to do modders' work for them, it is a waste of development time to do that. They made that clear when asked a long time ago about gunpowder weapons; they are not creating any models nor any coding for them. I expect the increased modability of the game will allow people to make guns work well.

They aren't going to do modders work

They are creating a new engine and tools that make modding easier

Modders will be able to code things like guns now

I think you need to re-read your own post  :facepalm:. Also notice I said support. Never said: they need to create the animations, models, sounds, ....

Taleworlds doesnt give us anything we want since years, lower your expectations, they wont show us anything without reason.

SixRibbons said:
I'm in Ankara. I will sneak into their offices for a 1000 bucks.
No, you'll do it for free and you'll post screenshots.
636029880485120279-651466387_4240713-money.jpg

This is what King Harlaus can give you, will you accept it?

kalarhan said:
DanAngleland said:

They aren't going to do modders work

They are creating a new engine and tools that make modding easier

Modders will be able to code things like guns now

I think you need to re-read your own post  :facepalm:. Also notice I said support. Never said: they need to create the animations, models, sounds, ....

But they aren't making support for specific things like guns, which you said. They've said that before. It will probably be possible to create a more accurate representation of gunpowder warfare simply because the game will be more moddable than before in a general sense, but I don't think the devs are giving any thought to this when they are coding. That sounds like what you say yourself in the above post but it contradicts the idea that they would: 'Give support on the engine for guns, so modders don't need to use workarounds that limit the quality of combat', which you said in your response to MrMundy.

That would be, as MrMundy said, implementing features that they won't use themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom