Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polycount said:
I don't learn anything by getting repeatedly killed by veterans. I do learn by fighting people around my skill level

That goes against like every single inspirational quote ever.

Polycount said:
Mamlaz said:
lol, stop fearing multiplayer so much haha.

I was used to having 1:10 kill death ratios for the first month of my experience and it never bothered me.

What kind of a special snowflake cannot stand losing in mp?

Not to mention that in the chaos of the deathmatch mode or when there are tons of players on the server, it does not really matter that much.

I don't learn anything by getting repeatedly killed by veterans. I do learn by fighting people around my skill level and failing (Or succeeding). That's just how it's always been with MP games for me. Games with matchmaking aren't a problem, but WB doesn't have matchmaking, and BL probably won't either. Having said that, I like server browsers better than matchmaking to begin with (It's why I prefer TF2 over Overwatch, etc.).

Those people will always suck, frankly. People playing exclusivly e.g. Napoleonic Line Battle Roleplay are quite litteral cannonfodder, unable to hit or block anything.
Not to say anything against those people btw, just to point out that fighting people with no skill wont help you to build skill.

MrMundy said:
Polycount said:
Mamlaz said:

I was used to having 1:10 kill death ratios for the first month of my experience and it never bothered me.

Not to mention that in the chaos of the deathmatch mode or when there are tons of players on the server, it does not really matter that much.

I don't learn anything by getting repeatedly killed by veterans. I do learn by fighting people around my skill level and failing (Or succeeding). That's just how it's always been with MP games for me. Games with matchmaking aren't a problem, but WB doesn't have matchmaking, and BL probably won't either. Having said that, I like server browsers better than matchmaking to begin with (It's why I prefer TF2 over Overwatch, etc.).

Those people will always suck, frankly. People playing exclusivly e.g. Napoleonic Line Battle Roleplay are quite litteral cannonfodder, unable to hit or block anything.
Not to say anything against those people btw, just to point out that fighting people with no skill wont help you to build skill.
New players should play native singleplayer, then native multiplayer, then NW multiplayer and then FI2.

TheGreatGold said:
MrMundy said:
Polycount said:
Mamlaz said:

New players should play native singleplayer, then native multiplayer, then NW multiplayer and then FI2.

What does blocking the attacks from a dumb Ai which follows clear attack pattern make more challenging then an actual human enemy?

It's important to let a player win now and again. In a perfect world, there' no such thing as rage quits and everyone takes each defeat as an important lesson on how to improve themselves for next time. That's not really the case in the real world, though. A first impression means everything for video games, and you don't want to screw that up.
Warband's multiplayer can be very addicting because its combat is easy to use, but difficult to master. However, it's what keeps you playing the game. It's not what gets you playing in the first place. Besides, addictive combat alone can't be relied on to hold a player's interest, especially when it feels like they're just muddling along and hoping for the best. If you're jumping into a game for the first time and pick a siege battle, you aren't entirely sure what you're doing, everyone's kinda running around like headless chickens, and as you step up onto the battlements to see what's going on outside the castle you're suddenly chopped in half by a screaming naked man as he leaps off from a previously unseen ladder, spinning his greatsword around like it's going out of style. That's an easy way to suck you out of the experience. It's not exactly that players don't like getting beaten, and we can't let new player get their butts kicked. It's more like we don't want them feeling they're not welcome, or that it's not worth what would seem like a massive amount of energy and time to get better than they are presently in a game they're not even invested in.

There's a lot more to discovering and comprehending multiplayer than the melee portion of combat, too. Something as simple as figuring out how the interface for selecting your character, for starters. The cash-buy system, the differences between each faction and weapons,  the way each map-type is played,  getting used to the behavior of other players and how they function in a sparsely-communicates game,  and learning how to work with your surroundings are all important aspects of multiplayer that would be better to learn in a less chaotic environment.

I am not into Native MP, I haven't played it in years, I play more NW and The Deluge but I don't think we should treat players like babies. Games nowadays have the tendency to be easier and more forgiving and if it's historical game then the realism suffers greatly. I think the player would learn the basics in singleplayer then apply them to MP and develop them further as he plays. New clans and regiments will form, veteran players will teach the noobs or the noobs will learn from their mistakes.
About being unwelcome I think it's more about the server's settings, rules and admins that create the environment.

Seriously it's annoying we're getting no information... if it's not going to release in 2016 then just tell us... keeping us in the dark just makes it more frustrating!
All the games i want to play keeps getting delayed...
Total war:arena, Guild 3, Bannerlord etc.... Wouldn't even surprise me that when they finally release it will be the same week...

Get used to it. Its like this since years, whining doesnt help.

@Kellorkleft
Thats what we got difficulty settings for.

Rungsted93 said:
Seriously it's annoying we're getting no information... if it's not going to release in 2016 then just tell us... keeping us in the dark just makes it more frustrating!
Total war:arena, Guild 3, Bannerlord etc.... Wouldn't even surprise me that when they finally release it will be the same week...
Captain Lust wasn't super definite, but he did say that EA/beta was less likely this year. And if a beta isn't likely, release won't be this year either.

Rungsted93 said:
It's not going to be released in 2016!

Rungsted93 said:

I believe the delay in this games have a reason: the logistic troubles that the companies are having in times of crisis in the countries of central economies.

This is how game development works. It takes a long time, and they often don't have anything interesting to show you (Or anything they're allowed to show) as often as we'd like.

I've made my peace with it, now I don't come to the forums but once every few months. I suggest you do the same. It makes the waiting easier.

A simple way to balance the skill gap on a server for beginners wild be to have a handicap system where dying and having a bad K:grin: ratio gets you more money and winning and having a good K:grin: ratio gets you less money.  At least the poor nooblets will be tin cans that take time to kill.

Just a thought.

Seems like i found one of the bannerlord clans.
2f1ed84468.jpg

Slisky YOUR LORD said:
A simple way to balance the skill gap on a server for beginners wild be to have a handicap system where dying and having a bad K:grin: ratio gets you more money and winning and having a good K:grin: ratio gets you less money.  At least the poor nooblets will be tin cans that take time to kill.

Just a thought.

Nah, it would be stupid to penalize good player for playing good. There will be a skill gap in Bannerlord, but it's not gonna be as bad as you guys think. Siege servers will most likely be once again newbie friendly servers where beginners want to try at first and stay there for a while. With that many players individual skills has less effect. Some of them shooting you while bunch of infantry guys goes for you. That's why I love this game, it's not even hard for 2-3 newbies to kill a pro if they use a bit of teamwork. You can go and see it in Warband siege servers, even now only top1-5 players from each side can somehow play the game and block in melee.

We will see the skill gap in effect when we have our first Bannerlord tournament/league. New teams will be crushed and they will not know why it happens. It can destroy their motivation.

Polycount is right bout developing the game. Better wait while giving reasonable suggestions. 

But If I'm new to this game and quick to judge, honestly I would say that this game would score 5/10 on game review if they intend to release the game official this year with so many things that hasn't been developed or purposely did so out of haste. I hope that won't happen.

currently theres alot of competition and I'm worried of youtubers that will compare Mount and blade Bannerlord with other games in terms of Gameplay, graphics, mechanics, and over all score with their bias view.

It's rare to find a youtuber that are neutral and not bias. But guess you can't blame them much as this is how they promote and introduce games to players that are looking for something to spend their money.

I see no problem mixing the experience and the beginners together, it'll be nice if mount and blade has a 5 second kill-cam or best kill-cam so that those who are new to mount and blade, learn some new tricks. 

Problem would be the communication and server for X box and PS 4. I'm not sure how multiplayer works between PC and game console, will they separate it or combine them together. 

By the way, did they mentioned anything about the multiplayer new game set from the latest interview?(probably still on development)

I may have lost track as I'm in the middle of doing my assignment for college.

With the increase popularity of games that are set in medieval/fantasy medieval ages (For honor, God of war latest series, of kings and men, kingdom come deliverance) . Not to mention Warhammer fantasy and warhammer 40k including others on the spotlight recently. I kept wondering how many interesting games will become underrated in the future....

NoobMan4321 said:
Problem would be the communication and server for X box and PS 4. I'm not sure how multiplayer works between PC and game console, will they separate it or combine them together. 

I don't think that's will be an issue for a while:
BL is exclusively PC focused right now. Consoles are in the back of our minds but I don't think anyone at the company really wants to compromise the experience we offer on PC, which is our main platform and market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom