Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrMundy said:
"Like Warband, there is a second phase keep fight, which plays out after the assault. "
Did they play a different Warband then we did? All I can remember are endless cluster battles on the walls.

The conditions were very specific for it to happen. Thus it was pretty rare. I think it had something to do with maximum number of reinforcements for the enemies and the number of foes left, after all possible reinf. waves happened. I think Diplomacy mod must have tweaked it, since i've had town streets and castle hall much more often.

[SPQR]Eduard said:
DanAngleland said:
[SPQR]Eduard said:
stamina would be a drastic change to gameplay and game series

The point is not to make it a huge change, and in fact I am not particularly saying that stamina should be in, but I can imagine how stamina or cool downs for certain actions can be useful. Also, if you don't want significant changes to combat, do you think it is nearly perfect as it is?

Ofcourse it's not perfect, not even partially. And I am up for some changes. But the stamina is one of the things I am not for, not even in my darkest dream.

I don't understand how SP stamina will  adversaly affect your MP experience? Just sayin'... Make it an option - everybody will get what they want.

Ooops, didn't mean to doublepost  :oops:

One thing I'd like to know: will the destruction persist after you've taken the castle?

Knocking big holes in the walls has to have a disadvantage.

kraggrim said:
Knocking big holes in the walls has to have a disadvantage.

Sir, congratz! Castle is yours!
Reever: *cough cough* M'Lord, we need 10 tons of stone to fix the walls. You have 10 days. Good day.
... logbook: new quest was included! *ding*

Can't wait to use my fire weapons to destroy the enemy siege tower  :twisted:
Not today sir, not today. Go back to your camp, there will be no looting today.

DanAngleland said:
[SPQR]Eduard said:
The stamina would totally ruin the game, and you would lost even the last drops of hope we have for making this game e-sport.

...right, because that's what we're all hoping for. Besides, stamina would make Warband more watchable, if it discouraged excessive feinting and spamming from one direction- it is natural to swing from the other direction after a swing, because the weapon's momentum has carried it to the opposite side, so it is most comfortable and natural to follow a left swing with a right. A subtle reduction in speed and/or power of a swing if many consecutive feints or same direction swings had been done would not interrupt fighting at all, it would merely encourage less of this lazy, unrealistic and unappealing play. Yes, we can judge a feature by its relative realism in the game, despite the rest of the game not being perfectly realistic. Because numerous consecutive feints looks unrealistic, it looks bad and destroys immersion.

Whether this or any other idea makes the game better as an e-sport, I don't know, but frankly it doesn't interest me. What does interest me is making the gameplay better, and I certainly wouldn't rule out stamina or cooldowns being used for that. The way some people talk about it makes me think they have a vision of a very restrictive system, where your stamina bar runs out and you are suddenly feeble and as good as defenceless. Of course nobody wants that, and it doesn't have to be like that.

While as a (once) competitive player I really can't see any type of stamina system working, I do like the idea of putting more detail into the system for how long it takes to attack, based on the previous attack.

I think if I start with a left-swing and it hits something another left-swing should be the fastest attack for me to make from there, as in M&B/WB. However, if it doesn't land, it should be slower to recover into a left-swing and faster to make any of the other 3 attacks. It should possibly also be that making an overhead from a successful overhead is faster than making a left-swing.

It could even depend on the trajectory of my attack, so that the times are different depending on whether my (missed) left-swing was flat, rising into an overhead or descending into... well, a thrust...

I'd say that realistically, thrusts should be exempt from any sort of system like that, since they're not actually downward, but central.

Meevar the Mighty said:
DanAngleland said:
[SPQR]Eduard said:
The stamina would totally ruin the game, and you would lost even the last drops of hope we have for making this game e-sport.

...right, because that's what we're all hoping for. Besides, stamina would make Warband more watchable, if it discouraged excessive feinting and spamming from one direction- it is natural to swing from the other direction after a swing, because the weapon's momentum has carried it to the opposite side, so it is most comfortable and natural to follow a left swing with a right. A subtle reduction in speed and/or power of a swing if many consecutive feints or same direction swings had been done would not interrupt fighting at all, it would merely encourage less of this lazy, unrealistic and unappealing play. Yes, we can judge a feature by its relative realism in the game, despite the rest of the game not being perfectly realistic. Because numerous consecutive feints looks unrealistic, it looks bad and destroys immersion.

Whether this or any other idea makes the game better as an e-sport, I don't know, but frankly it doesn't interest me. What does interest me is making the gameplay better, and I certainly wouldn't rule out stamina or cooldowns being used for that. The way some people talk about it makes me think they have a vision of a very restrictive system, where your stamina bar runs out and you are suddenly feeble and as good as defenceless. Of course nobody wants that, and it doesn't have to be like that.

While as a (once) competitive player I really can't see any type of stamina system working, I do like the idea of putting more detail into the system for how long it takes to attack, based on the previous attack.

I think if I start with a left-swing and it hits something another left-swing should be the fastest attack for me to make from there, as in M&B/WB. However, if it doesn't land, it should be slower to recover into a left-swing and faster to make any of the other 3 attacks. It should possibly also be that making an overhead from a successful overhead is faster than making a left-swing.

It could even depend on the trajectory of my attack, so that the times are different depending on whether my (missed) left-swing was flat, rising into an overhead or descending into... well, a thrust...

I'd say that realistically, thrusts should be exempt from any sort of system like that, since they're not actually downward, but central.

Make double left swing slower than left swing with right swing after.. this thing would work. Also, I like your idea "However, if it doesn't land, it should be slower to recover into a left-swing and faster to make any of the other 3 attacks." This thing would be realistic aswell and would do good in competitive part of the community.

Hehehe, Captain lust wanted to give us a lesson :lol: .

Our reveal was Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's siege gameplay, which came in the form of this trailer and the extended gameplay video below.
Which you called "multiple videos". Yes, yes, yes, I know, the dictionary agrees with you...

The equipment you place is built, beforehand, on the overland map. Ladders are built by default, as part of a preparation period required when beginning any siege, and are always available, but lack protection;
This is right, obviously it is the easiest piece of equipement to build. But I wonder how is it going to play... in the video, the ladders are quick to place, and quick to climb. This means that our troups will be exposed for a shorter time Let's really hope that taking a castle with only ladders is going to be nearly impossible without gigantic casualties.

When the beta comes, I will be your best beta tester xD. I will test the sieges in every angle and make precise comparisons. If I can take a castle only with ladder, with as much or less casualities than in any other scenarios, you will heard from me :mrgreen:.

our reasoning being that it should only be possible with a time investment
Awesome ! That's true, it was very long to make a breach into a wall. But I know that the devs very very glad. :lol:

There is a fleshed out bombardment phase on the overland map, during which, the siege weapons you construct will exchange fire back and forth with the defenders', resulting in casualties, as well as damage to the siege equipment and walls.
So, the defenders can counter siege the attackers like it was in reality ? Nice addition !

Destruction is enhanced by the inclusion of fire damage.
All that paragraph smells good !

Something that is really important to us, when designing the game, is historical authenticity.
I have enough !!! Take my Money !!!

what you actually saw here were the companions of the player and the defending lord. In Bannerlord, Lords now have their own companions, much like the player
GAARRGG !! MY MO... TAKE... MY... MO...

... and behold, in his drool and urine, Narlan died after a last epileptic crisis.

Narlan said:
This is right, obviously it is the easiest piece of equipement to build. But I wonder how is it going to play... in the video, the ladders are quick to place, and quick to climb. This means that our troups will be exposed for a shorter time Let's really hope that taking a castle with only ladders is going to be nearly impossible without gigantic casualties.
You also see in the video that ladders are no longer really steep slope, but they have own animation - which means that not only fewer soldiers can be on the ladder at once, but also they're really vulnerable until they climbed it.

Also, if you only attack with ladders then the defenders don't have to worry about the gate breaking or siege towers. A lot of arrows will be coming at the ladder men, plus they will have a lot of defenders to hack through to get onto the walls. Mind you, that supposes there are a lot of defenders in the castle. Perhaps if you are facing a tiny force or one with few archers, it might be worth assaulting with ladders and hoping the defenders are spread too thinly to kill many of your men.

We could see counter attacks, retaliation from the lord that just lost his castle, revenging with a huge army trying to recover whats "rightfully" his instead of wandering arround like "meh, its just a castle... im gonna just hit random lords for nothing on the world map and stuff...". :razz: That would be neat.

DanAngleland said:
Also, if you only attack with ladders then the defenders don't have to worry about the gate breaking or siege towers. A lot of arrows will be coming at the ladder men, plus they will have a lot of defenders to hack through to get onto the walls. Mind you, that supposes there are a lot of defenders in the castle. Perhaps if you are facing a tiny force or one with few archers, it might be worth assaulting with ladders and hoping the defenders are spread too thinly to kill many of your men.

Not to mention that the defenders can topple the ladders from the wall. Well, at least that's what I understood from the interviews.

https://www.facebook.com/mbturkey/videos/1148267311901010/?video_source=pages_finch_main_video

From Turkish tv news. A little bit new content

vRWhrsR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom