Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lust

Can we see our old "Dark Knight" friends in Bannerlord?
And; can you show us full version of this:

Oh, lastly; old hair/beard styles in previous M&B games; can we see them Bannerlord as well? (I hope we can see)

argon45 said:
@Lust

Oh, lastly; old hair/beard styles in previous M&B games; can we see them Bannerlord as well? (I hope we can see)

You can even flip hair

Guray said:
argon45 said:
@Lust

You can even flip hair

On the top right of the screen theres a spiral that says 'traits'. What do you think those are?

Brendan13 said:
Guray said:
argon45 said:
@Lust

You can even flip hair

On the top right of the screen theres a spiral that says 'traits'. What do you think those are?

It says " Taint" So I assume its war paints or tattoos and stuff
aHlzTLz.png

Also I need to ask this to developers one last time :
Guray said:
One question about the Siege ammos. So we see multiple people using catapults , battering rams etc. Also flaming pots thrown from the top of the killing hole. Are they going to be throwing multiple pots from the top ? Or is it restricted by 1 bot only? I know we also see rocks being thrown . I am wondering if we will see multiple rocks and pots thrown at the same time or is it restricted to 1 bot for each? Also about the ammo for the catapults. It is 1 guy getting the ammo and placing it on the catapult. Will we see 2 people working on bringing the ammo ? So it is faster more efficient etc?

Brendan13 said:

Actually it says Taint, i think it is probably scars, tatoos and other things

EDIT: Damnit you beat me to it Guray haha

I am pretty sure there is a traits part of the character creation. Just like we had in previous games . I am son of a blacksmith = +1 engineering for example.

kalarhan said:
Dest45 said:
I would like some sense of achievement/progression/victory for players that don't want to be king and conquer calradia. For player roleplaying a non ambitious lord, merchants, mercenaries and other more humble professions. In warband, there isnt much else to do except get rich, build an army, conquer. I try to play different ways and I like playing those ways more but they get old fast.

In CK2 you can manage a single county and its still just as rewarding and fun as an Empire.

I like the general idea, as it adds re-playability. But I don't expect it for release. Warband was not a strong 4x game, even if had general features from one.

I expect the game to have a strong couple goals at launch, like play as a lord or rule a kingdom. The others will then be improved later on with expansions/DLCs, which will help keep the game fresh over the years, to grow with feedback from players, etc

Example:
DLC Merchant Life: be a trader, create a trading empire, quests related to this, fight against other merchants for control of markets, help the war effort of your faction with smuggling goods, etc
DLC Bandit King
DLC Rebel King
DLC Gladiator: improve the tournament system
DLC Court Life

of course that could be also be part of mods, like the well know freelancer (play as a soldier, not a lord), but I hope the game gets many many expansions/DLC for the next 5 years. Fingers crossed.

Considering how long they are spending on this game I would be fairly disappointed if these things were left to DLC. I'd prefer that they give us these things up front and then focus DLC efforts on the traditional full-module expansions (I really hope there will still be module-based management, it would be much more convenient than bumbling around a Nexus whenever you want to switch mods)

New lands DLCs a la Viking Conquest are awesome, but this time I REALLY want to see some DLC love for Calradia itself, perhaps an expansion that takes us to the time of the very beginning of the empire, perhaps with some greek-themed factions and improved spear mechanics (gib working phalanx)

Of course gunpowder era would be great to visit, it would be awesome to see the evolutions of Warband's kingdoms into nation-states; Rhodok pikemen in Swiss plate, Khergits still rocking the bow a la Crimean Khanate in WF&S.

On a less related note, if we do end up with both strapped and center-grip shields, which I pray we will, there should be benefits to each- center-grip could have the ability to bash attack (mapped to a key like in cRPG, NOT the RMB like in Floris - god that's annoying) but strapped shields, provided they were small enough (not board shields) could be used in tandem with a bow like in WF&S.

Sir_Newton said:
I REALLY want to see some DLC love for Calradia itself, perhaps an expansion that takes us to the time of the very beginning of the empire, perhaps with some greek-themed factions and improved spear mechanics (gib working phalanx)

meh

Calradia is boring and painfully generic, almost intentionally. I would much rather they actually had DLCs based on historical periods instead of the half-baked soft fantasy that Calradia is. I find it hard to get invested in a little peninsula with cartoon copies of historical stereotypes.

jacobhinds said:
Sir_Newton said:
I REALLY want to see some DLC love for Calradia itself, perhaps an expansion that takes us to the time of the very beginning of the empire, perhaps with some greek-themed factions and improved spear mechanics (gib working phalanx)

meh

Calradia is boring and painfully generic, almost intentionally. I would much rather they actually had DLCs based on historical periods instead of the half-baked soft fantasy that Calradia is. I find it hard to get invested in a little peninsula with cartoon copies of historical stereotypes.
NW 2.0 No pls.

kalarhan said:
Dest45 said:
I would like some sense of achievement/progression/victory for players that don't want to be king and conquer calradia. For player roleplaying a non ambitious lord, merchants, mercenaries and other more humble professions. In warband, there isnt much else to do except get rich, build an army, conquer. I try to play different ways and I like playing those ways more but they get old fast.

In CK2 you can manage a single county and its still just as rewarding and fun as an Empire.

I like the general idea, as it adds re-playability. But I don't expect it for release. Warband was not a strong 4x game, even if had general features from one.

I expect the game to have a strong couple goals at launch, like play as a lord or rule a kingdom. The others will then be improved later on with expansions/DLCs, which will help keep the game fresh over the years, to grow with feedback from players, etc

Example:
DLC Merchant Life: be a trader, create a trading empire, quests related to this, fight against other merchants for control of markets, help the war effort of your faction with smuggling goods, etc
DLC Bandit King
DLC Rebel King
DLC Court Life

of course that could be also be part of mods, like the well know freelancer (play as a soldier, not a lord), but I hope the game gets many many expansions/DLC for the next 5 years. Fingers crossed.
And maybe weapon crafting should be a DLC too, for only 20$!
DLCs are ruining the game industry, back then there were only expansions which added several hours of gameplay and new maps. Something like The Witcher 3 expansions.

kalarhan said:
Dest45 said:

Example:
DLC Bandit King
DLC Rebel King
DLC Court Life

Or they could implement that **** right away. No need to Sega this game.

MrMundy said:
Or they could implement that **** right away. No need to Sega this game.

DLC may be free or paid for. I don't mind either way. I am happy to pay 30bucks a year so TW can expand the game for years. Hell I paid 15bucks a month for years for MMORPGs, and I never complained lol

If you think they should implement all the features in the universe before release, I hope you can wait until hell freezes over. Because that won't happen, ever  :razz:. There is a point where they need to stop and release the base game (version 1.0), no matter if this year or in 10. But that is like talking sense, so forget about it, lets go back to discuss weird stuff instead  :grin:

jacobhinds said:
Sir_Newton said:

meh

Well, they could enlarge the setting. It is pretty much implied that there are other lands beyond Calradia. I want to see the rest of the continent, beyond the dessert and the eastern steppes.

i asked ginger senpai about the orange swirl tab on his ask.fm when the original video came out and he answered

http://ask.fm/captainoflust

8th question down

"in the character customisation, what is in the tab with an orange spiral symbol?
Tattoos, face paint and scars right now. There is a chance we'll expand that too."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom