Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The waiting is just killing me , a suggestion for the game play , in medieval times a lord first allegiance was his family ,
the biggest lord of the family would strongly influence the like dislike of someone else , including the King
so cheesing off a lord means you are in the dog house for all the others , if you get a good reputation they will all ( more or less )like you
if a lord defect the others drop in relation with the king .
Of course if one can marry into the faction , they will treat you as one of them .
individual lords have a modifier for personal like dislike and ranking  , but the family rating is a baseline .

so the like dislike goes , kingdom reputation , Noble family reputation , individual lord reputation .

it's a few simple line of program using already existing numbers .

hirovard said:
Will we be able to marry common people? Its all well and good going for nobility but what about those of us that don't want in on that?

If they go with the persistent characters (which is possible in vanilla M&B already), that could be a thing. For example, why not meet someone in the tavern or the town streets?

One question about the Siege ammos. So we see multiple people using catapults , battering rams etc. Also flaming pots thrown from the top of the killing hole. Are they going to be throwing multiple pots from the top ? Or is it restricted by 1 bot only? I know we also see rocks being thrown . I am wondering if we will see multiple rocks and pots thrown at the same time or is it restricted to 1 bot for each? Also about the ammo for the catapults. It is 1 guy getting the ammo and placing it on the catapult. Will we see 2 people working on bringing the ammo ? So it is faster more efficient etc?

After rewatching some older videos (gamescom last year) I've actually gotten curious about differences in siege equipment per city/castle.

If you look at the gamescom video from last year you can see that both the siege tower and battering ram look quite a bit different from the recent siege video.
Now it could of course be that they just made a new model because they didn't like the old one, but it could also be that different locations have different kinds of siege equipment. I'd imagine that a big town like in the gamescom video would have different walls than a castle somewhere in the world. Not to mention, assuming they still exist in BL, I'd imagine a wooden castle could probably use a different kind as well.

Just made me wonder if they simply changed the model, or that we will have different skins/models for siege equipment for different locations.
Or perhaps you can spend longer preparing a siege, and that way you can get "upgraded" siege equipment, something like putting leather protection on the front of your siege tower making it harder to catch on fire.

Edit: Guy below me has a point as well, it would make sense if a "organised" faction such as one of the empire remnants would have different siege equipment than a faction like the Battanians who are more specialized in stuff like ambushes.

Well not too different of course, but if we for example compare the siege equipment from gamescom with that from E3:

55b54b66c265dc9484400966d11856d2.png
0cf208f08c3fdfba75bfd4c271dcde10.png

52eec4189ee5eba9f0c6069dab05d68a.png
cc4652a96834ad7dadacf58dfce8820d.png

There is a clear difference in quality of the siege equipment, the ones from Gamescom seeming more solid in construction and with added leather protection, while the ones from E3 seem more quickly build and without the leather protection.
Both still the same types of siege equipment, but with noticeable differences.

Sorry for the low quality pictures btw, I couldn't be bothered to make them of higher quality ;p

Depending on the culture's engineering skills there would be more protection between them. But my main hope is so it will be easier for different factions to have their own equipment for modding. Can't have elves and orcs building the same things can we? :fruity:

I have a suggestion I want to make regarding a play style of mine. Where do i post about it

P.S
I just joined the forum.

eehm... does this playstyle have to do with warband or bannerlord?
if you can relate it to bannerlord in even the slightest manner it is 50% more relevant than the majority of the posts in this thread.

I would like some sense of achievement/progression/victory for players that don't want to be king and conquer calradia. For player roleplaying a non ambitious lord, merchants, mercenaries and other more humble professions. In warband, there isnt much else to do except get rich, build an army, conquer. I try to play different ways and I like playing those ways more but they get old fast.

In CK2 you can manage a single county and its still just as rewarding and fun as an Empire.

Dest45 said:
I would like some sense of achievement/progression/victory for players that don't want to be king and conquer calradia. For player roleplaying a non ambitious lord, merchants, mercenaries and other more humble professions. In warband, there isnt much else to do except get rich, build an army, conquer. I try to play different ways and I like playing those ways more but they get old fast.

In CK2 you can manage a single county and its still just as rewarding and fun as an Empire.
+1

Dest45 said:

I like the general idea, as it adds re-playability. But I don't expect it for release. Warband was not a strong 4x game, even if had general features from one.

I expect the game to have a strong couple goals at launch, like play as a lord or rule a kingdom. The others will then be improved later on with expansions/DLCs, which will help keep the game fresh over the years, to grow with feedback from players, etc

Example:
DLC Merchant Life: be a trader, create a trading empire, quests related to this, fight against other merchants for control of markets, help the war effort of your faction with smuggling goods, etc
DLC Bandit King
DLC Rebel King
DLC Gladiator: improve the tournament system
DLC Court Life

of course that could be also be part of mods, like the well know freelancer (play as a soldier, not a lord), but I hope the game gets many many expansions/DLC for the next 5 years. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom