B Other More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Another update to the sounds bringing the version to 1.5
There is a decent amount of changes this time and there should be a noticeable difference in game compared to the last update. Especially combat with lightly armored units should sound better (I hope).

Changes:
-Improved weapon impacts
-Improved shield impacts
-Improved weapon clashes
-New dummy sounds for the training ground
-Many other various changes and improvements

A question, how would you compare these sounds with those from the Brutality mod (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51467.0.html)

lucky lancer said:
Downloading now!  :cool:

Still my favorite essential M&B mod!
Thank you very much for your efforts and the magnificent results!  :grin:

Best regards!
Thanks for the kind words!

Luize0 said:
A question, how would you compare these sounds with those from the Brutality mod (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51467.0.html)
Downloaded and tested the mod just to answer this question. My sounds basically stick pretty close to native while the sounds in Brutality mod does what the name says; make the combat sound more "brutal" and gives a much different feeling compared to native.

On a side note:
Sat down and spent some time to play the game and noticed that the impact sounds for highly armored units could use much improvement (May even be worse than the previous version!  :shock: ). I will continue to improve and update the sounds as my sound library expands.     

Now that you mention it, the sound when you injure an enemy barely sounds a bit strange, too quit. Like hitting a chainmal with a butter knife instead a cuirass with a 2h sword :wink:

hey Checkmaty
I'm very appreciate your works from v1.1 to 1.5. they are very cool sounds
but in this version 1.5, I think you've got some problem
I see at least 3 bugs in this version:
1) ---> no sounds when I encounter sea raider and looter
2) ---> no sound when I pay or receive money (droped denar)
3) ---> no sound horse whinny when I stop instantly my horse (ctr + J)
maybe there will be more...
I hope you will fix them soon :grin:

Domanz said:
Now that you mention it, the sound when you injure an enemy barely sounds a bit strange, too quit. Like hitting a chainmal with a butter knife instead a cuirass with a 2h sword :wink:
Yep, the high armor impacts contain too many versions of a "cutting chainmail" sound. This makes the audio of large battles with many high armor units too "scratchy" and also doesn't convey a good feeling of impact when the player gets hit or hits a enemy. Will move more towards the "crush/cut through plate armor" to give a "more metal" and better feeling to the battles for the next release.

Bruce Lee said:
hey Checkmaty
I'm very appreciate your works from v1.1 to 1.5. they are very cool sounds
but in this version 1.5, I think you've got some problem
I see at least 3 bugs in this version:
1) ---> no sounds when I encounter sea raider and looter
2) ---> no sound when I pay or receive money (droped denar)
3) ---> no sound horse whinny when I stop instantly my horse (ctr + J)
maybe there will be more...
I hope you will fix them soon :grin:
Just tested the sounds and don't have this problem. What module are you playing with?

*Also just found out that I forgot to include the sounds.txt without new voices in the package. Uploaded a new zip that includes the missing file.   

Cool. Looking forward to next release. But before you do: take a nice hot bath and drink tea or whatever. You earned it :wink:

Domanz said:
Cool. Looking forward to next release. But before you do: take a nice hot bath and drink tea or whatever. You earned it :wink:
Will do  :grin:
timedanze said:
the game also runs faster in battles ...
Never really noticed an improved performance with the sounds but this is great if its true.

Some progress:
I've changed high armor impact sounds back to the more "plate armor/metallic" feeling of the previous versions. There was also a balance problem with the impact sound volumes introduced in the 1.5 update that has been fixed. 
Slowly expanding sound library...

Couldn't stand leaving the sounds as they are currently much longer so here is a quick update to fix the problems of 1.5 :oops: and also include some other improvements. High armor impacts now sound more metallic and the high armor blunt impacts (for my favorite weapon...the heavy warhammer) has been given some extra loving. Unbalanced volume levels introduced in the 1.5 update have also been fixed (weapon impacts are now louder). 

V1.6
-Changed high armor weapon impacts back to the more metallic feeling of earlier versions
-Fixed some unbalanced volume levels introduced in the 1.5 update
-Other various changes and improvements

Feedback welcome  :grin:
First post updated

Very Nice
And consistency in your ever constant update, by putting more self-criticism in order to improve better and better on

Tried it and put on another awesome mod that I just discovered (Rise of Khergits V1.:cool:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,44291.0.html

Everything works fine and perfect, at least for my not so picky ears
No problem to install by following your well-explained readme.txt
I'm more a visual guy, otherwise I would try to put some nice screens for your mod :smile:

Again, excellent job!

Thanks for the feedback Shjn
I've been releasing updates way too quickly. Gonna slow down and take a break from working on the sounds as my ears are ringing from all the recording, editing, and testing (also want to spend some time playing the game and some new mods I downloaded). My room looks like a junkyard/storage with all the tools laying around on the floor so I'm going to spend some time this weekend to clean up (I'm constantly stepping on something sharp and painfull... :cry: ) .

Definitely you should enjoy, don't work yourself too hard
We still need you for more update and for M&B expansion pack and M&B 2 and M&B 3+
Oops, I shouldn't say that, because I will certainly guess your room will be, euh... more messy :mrgreen:

In the meantime, really take a good gaming break :grin:
Again, nice work for sampling, tuning, refining all these sounds, indeed enhancing the overall sound experience of the game

I'll still be around for updates to the current sound pack, don't know about M&B2 though. If I'm not around for M&B2+ then maybe someone could take my work and make a updated sound pack for the new games.

Excellent work Checkmaty! I really love it! But yea, take a break for a while, as others said we need you hehe.

Edit: Horse charge sound seems rising so quick at last speed, if you understand what i mean. When horse is at it's last speed, that sound make me feel different than below speed. Check it please...

Someone is able to tell me the difference between:

More Metal Sound Mod 1.6 - 9 MB (which is always updated and contain voice from Official Vocals Sound Pack)

and

"Official Vocals Sound Pack + Cries of War" - 30 MB

Can you at least tell me the difference or what you think about this two mods? There is a big difference in term of megabyte...but which is the best?

@Maxen
The horse gallop should sound quicker than the lower speeds. I've already lowered the speed a bit in 1.6 from the 1.4 version and lowering it anymore will make it out of sync from the animation. The speed that the sound is played at is also modified by the game engine depending on how fast the horse is going. I know what you mean though and will try to get the transition from canter to gallop to be more smoother.

@rvb3n
Many people prefer Cries of War over my sounds. Best way is to try them both out and stick with the one you like better. My sounds stick closer to native and is more subtle...I want the sounds to sort of "melt" into the game so that after a while you wouldn't even notice that a sound pack was installed. Cries of War offers a more drastic change to the sounds making the audio experience much more "beefy".

Still very slowly working on the sounds...blunt impacts too gory...must change...   

New update to the sounds
Most significant changes in this version are to the horse hoofsteps and the weapon draw sounds. Hoofsteps have been made to sound more like riding on grass rather than on wood or other hard surfaces. Weapon draw sounds have been made quieter and more realistic as suggested a while back, only problem is that they may be hard to hear while in the thick of battle.

Changes:
-Reduced the blood/gore for high armor blunt impacts
-Improved blunt impacts on the wooden shield
-Improved horse hoofsteps
-Quieter weapon draw sounds
-Removed some unused sounds
-Other various changes and improvements

Feedback on the new changes is very welcome, especially regarding the new horse hoof and weapon draw sounds.
First post updated

Back
Top Bottom