Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuckles said:
Does this have boats? Because I think blowing ships out of the water with that fire staff would be awesome. (Well, not the ships, but their inhabitants)
No.

Just so everybody knows, I just came up with a spell which launches a wave forward from its caster. This wave rolls forward accross the ground, killing everything in its direct path. I should have a screenshot soon.

I'm having lots of fun blowing my foes sky high!  I notice I can kill civilians in the towns with my firestaff too.  Everywhere, not just Zendar.

I notice that when my victims die from the firestaff, the messages indicate that they have killed themselves.  ie: Nord Footman killed by Nord Footman

One question.  I have been taking lots of cartridges from the Sea Raiders.  What are they used with?  The staff doesn't seem to need them.  Are there guns in this mod?

Also, could you change the firearm-sounding noise of the firestaff to more of a magical flaming whoosh?

Willie_Feo said:
I notice that when my victims die from the firestaff, the messages indicate that they have killed themselves.  ie: Nord Footman killed by Nord Footman
Yes. I didn't want the player to be able to gain seven levels with a single attack, so I made the game process the kill as a suicide.

Willie_Feo said:
One question.  I have been taking lots of cartridges from the Sea Raiders.  What are they used with?  The staff doesn't seem to need them.  Are there guns in this mod?
The ai won't use the fire staff or the wounding curse without them. I should make them unlootable.

Willie_Feo said:
so, could you change the firearm-sounding noise of the firestaff to more of a magical flaming whoosh?
They only bang if the firebolt hits the ground and explodes. Otherwise there is a whiffing noise.

Mirathei said:
Willie_Feo said:
The ai won't use the fire staff or the wounding curse without them. I should make them unlootable.

If the AI won't use the staffs without cartridges, you should leave them lootable, so we can arm our NPCs with magic staffs too.  Or offer them for sale in the arms merchants.

BTW, I like your 'walk around' option in camp.

Bah,when fightin Wizard Bands they all release Hell Knights which made my (relatively new, Dual core E6600,2gig Ram,Geforce 8600 GS) coputer crash  :cry:

whoops soz about that last post, wasnt paying attention to what i was pressing :???:

Just finished playing, man that was a good mod very satisfying to say the least, but just one problem i could see froom it: when the enemy summons hell knights they summon like 100+ (thats when cntrl+f4 comes in handy) and it really really REALLY laggs up (for me anyway) any way possible that could be fixed?

EDIT: geez hardcode ive seen your avatar like 10 times today, and each time my head goes like 2 inches away from my monitor

Ee!

Looks like great fun, I'll post with reports when/if (delete as appropriate) I get back :grin:

Three thousand denars!? I defy you! Banish!

banish.png

Hmm. Now I can't buy a horse at all. I didn't think that through very well :razz:

holly s..t, man~
i'm the one lying on the ground

your magic effects are awesome, but your should consider the computer hardware of players a little.

Haha ha

1A spell that release the killer bunny

2The holy hand grenade..

3the sword/axe of force . That crack any shield no matter what.

4some spell that can be used in the air. When you  in the air you cant get down and a big squad off enemy kniggits under you :lol:

5the staff off force knocking down any enemy...

litle texture i did Use them as you like :lol:
grab_043-1.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?1kr1cyd13d9

Whatever you do, next version make it so they only summon 1 hell knight instead of 20. It's impossible to win a battle when you are charging and suddenly there is 140 hell knights in front of you. 

I spy a consensus. I think I'll reduce the number of Hell nights spawned to one-third and reduce the ammunition to four uses. That way each summoner will be able to summon a maximum of 24 Hell knights. The Dark Summoner Parties should still be virtually invincible, but it shouldn't crash your computer anymore.

on levitation any cahnce you could go about forcing the falling anim thing if you understand what Im saying.

also the sheild should have some kinda texx or perhaps it just spits out fire or something when your enemies touch it to represent the energy discharged to block them, even still it looks to mundane now.

Just adding my voice to the balancing issue. I downloaded the mod and set up my merchant character on it. I managed to get 15 troops and a load of ale on it's way to Khudan when the summoners showed up. First they (on foot) overran my mounted party...then we got into battle (they can't be payed off) and things went to hell. I counted at least 10 summonings during the match - a huge issue sense an individual hell knight is a match for almost anything a mercenary merchant like me can field. In the end, I was forced to stop running away and die before my computer crashed. I've managed to avoid Dark Summoner parties for the most part since then (partly I suspect since they bankrupted me I don't look like much.) The Vaegirs are having a horrible time with them. While 33-45+ parties of Dark Summoners don't take into account the summons (since they auto-resolve AI conflicts) in thier constant ambushing of caravans, the Vaegir homeland can't get any caravans through it. The Summoners eat them all.

Bandits can be tough, but they shouldn't be able to raze a country to the ground by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom