Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheep_Archer said:
One thing I find interesting to do is to use the horse conjuring charm to make a wall of meat shields to protect you from the enemy while you rain fire on their sorry asses.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's quite fun isn't it...when I have won the battle, I explode the horses!!! :twisted:

ferherence said:
Sheep_Archer said:
One thing I find interesting to do is to use the horse conjuring charm to make a wall of meat shields to protect you from the enemy while you rain fire on their sorry asses.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's quite fun isn't it...when I have won the battle, I explode the horses!!! :twisted:

A quite enjoyable pasttime.

More screenies:

Dark summoners can have very fiery personalities. Amazingly, it is less laggy now that fewer of them have fire staffs, and yet there is about 10 times as much fire in the air.

New version is out!
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=615

I have a feeling I've forgotten a few people's requests, so if that would be you, just suggest it again. The same link should work again for the source files.

Mirathei said:
New version is out!
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=615

I have a feeling I've forgotten a few people's requests, so if that would be you, just suggest it again. The same link should work again for the source files.
Its not working

EDIT: Never mind

I would gladly make some staffs for you, but you wouldnt want them or you could get a better modeller to make them.

P.S I love your mod.

Congratulations for your new version. Do you want help? I can make models, particles, and write simple scripts. I have cool staffs and wands in my mind. I can model and texture them for you.

I'll most likely use any staffs y'all will make, as long as they are low-poly. I can't afford a high poly count when the mod is already demanding on most systems.

Oh, and also, a heads up for you. I dont know if you're already working on this, but try to make the mod with a self - installer, lots of players dont actually know how to do it the " hard " way and you will surely get more fans this way if you do.

Kiss Of The Blade said:
Oh, and also, a heads up for you. I dont know if you're already working on this, but try to make the mod with a self - installer, lots of players dont actually know how to do it the " hard " way and you will surely get more fans this way if you do.

its allot easier to do a self installer when he actually finishes the mod and not when he is pump patches and upgrades every three days. Most of the mods here use what you term the hard way.

Kiss Of The Blade said:
As quaillover said, it's not really worth the extra effort while I'm still releasing a new version every few days. When the mod gets bigger and more cumbersome, then I might bother with it. Those who can't figure out how to unzip the folder probably don't have the patience for an unfinished mod anyway.

phbbbt107 said:
This looks really amazing. I guess version 0.90x made this kind of stuff much easier?
More accurately, .890 made it possible at all.

Mirathei said:
catking2003 said:
BTW, i strongly suggest that player can use magic only when he has certain "magic ingredient" and different magic type will need different kinds of ingredients while different level magic will require different amount of them. Every time player use one magic (one magic rather than use magic in one battle, so it is very costly to use magic) corresponding ingredients will be lost and magic ingredients can only be looted from wizard troops so that people won't be able to buy one fire staff and start killing everyone on the map. (maybe from certain merchants player can also buy certain ingredients with very high cost) It is fun to use magic but if player can use any powerful magic any time, they will get bored sooner or later. So it is good to retain the fun of this mod by placing some restrictions on using magic.
I'll be working on balance issues, but I'm not going to make the magic permanently run out. It would simply cost too much to continually refuel.

The magic will not permanently run out, you just need to kick some wizard ass to use magic and that's the only way player will consider using low level magic while they can use higher (for question: "why summon peasants while you can summon hell knights?" the answer may be "experienced wizard will cast different level magic against different level enemies" so when facing a bunch of bandit wizard may not need to summon hell knight but rather some lower level summoning) An alternative way may be "player can use one kind of magic serveral times every day or every two days (not every battle that makes magic too cheap)" It will be very fun and technical if your magic system can allow player to think of different magic combinations rather than pick one powerful magic and sweep the world with it (some people may like it but as a fantasy game fanatic i think it is too simple)

P.S. BTW, for "too many hellknights" problem, why not creat a magic that will kill all summoned creatures on the map or just make all of them disappear? (something like "dispel magic" or "reverse summon")

P.P.S Or make them automatically disappear after several minutes so that we can keep running around and then strike back :grin:

P.P.P.S for wizard troops, how about dark wizard summoner with dark archers and white wizard healer with knight templar ( the question is why white wizard will be villain and you have to kick their asses :p )

Atilladahun said:
So for sure in future versions you will have some kind of storyline am i correct?
Yes, but there will most likely be a few more releases between now and then.

Albino said:
Did you purposely make it so everytime you talk to a faction leader you get knocked out?
No, that's a bug with the water staff. I'll fix it for the next release.

catking2003 said:
Mirathei said:
catking2003 said:
BTW, i strongly suggest that player can use magic only when he has certain "magic ingredient" and different magic type will need different kinds of ingredients while different level magic will require different amount of them. Every time player use one magic (one magic rather than use magic in one battle, so it is very costly to use magic) corresponding ingredients will be lost and magic ingredients can only be looted from wizard troops so that people won't be able to buy one fire staff and start killing everyone on the map. (maybe from certain merchants player can also buy certain ingredients with very high cost) It is fun to use magic but if player can use any powerful magic any time, they will get bored sooner or later. So it is good to retain the fun of this mod by placing some restrictions on using magic.
I'll be working on balance issues, but I'm not going to make the magic permanently run out. It would simply cost too much to continually refuel.

The magic will not permanently run out, you just need to kick some wizard ass to use magic and that's the only way player will consider using low level magic while they can use higher (for question: "why summon peasants while you can summon hell knights?" the answer may be "experienced wizard will cast different level magic against different level enemies" so when facing a bunch of bandit wizard may not need to summon hell knight but rather some lower level summoning) An alternative way may be "player can use one kind of magic serveral times every day or every two days (not every battle that makes magic too cheap)" It will be very fun and technical if your magic system can allow player to think of different magic combinations rather than pick one powerful magic and sweep the world with it (some people may like it but as a fantasy game fanatic i think it is too simple)

P.S. BTW, for "too many hellknights" problem, why not creat a magic that will kill all summoned creatures on the map or just make all of them disappear? (something like "dispel magic" or "reverse summon")

P.P.S Or make them automatically disappear after several minutes so that we can keep running around and then strike back :grin:

P.P.P.S for wizard troops, how about dark wizard summoner with dark archers and white wizard healer with knight templar ( the question is why white wizard will be villain and you have to kick their asses :p )
I get the impression from reading that that you haven't played the new version. Try it out, and see what you think. You may have the same basic ideas, but different specifics.

Nuklearni-okurka said:
Maybe you could make a weapon profiency for magic.
Maybe, but seeing as the magic as a set effect there wouldn't be much point.

Then tell me it's good that Curse Wound (started playing today, got it as my first wand, absolutely love it) uses crossbow weapon profiency? Also, When you select the option to start good in sorcery, it doesn'T give you any advance about spells.

http://gallipolimod.bz.tc/images/rictusempra.jpg
http://gallipolimod.bz.tc/images/sectumsempra.jpg

Will you gonna do some spells like these? These ones from harry potter dead mod. I would like to give you these particle codes and meshes and textures. But god only knows where are they. :grin: But if you can do some curses like these ones. It can be very cool. And I have some spell ideas;

1 - Trap curse - This one is really cool. This one will create something can keep everyone inside front of player. It will be visible. And it will burn sometime later and kill everyone inside of it or zombies will spawn inside of it sometime later and zombies will kill everyone inside of it.

2 - Converting charm - It can convert enemies to nobody's side. At the same time it must converting them to creatures too.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom