Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mirathei said:
What do you mean by this?
You have points, much like hit points (300?). each spell (100 each, maybe?) uses up a certain amount of these points. It would then be irredeemably fun to have those regenerate slowly during battle (2 a second?). That means if you waited a minute you could cast another spell.

The advantage of this over mana is that you can have 4 spells at once :grin:

Cymro said:
Mirathei said:
What do you mean by this?
You have points, much like hit points (300?). each spell (100 each, maybe?) uses up a certain amount of these points. It would then be irredeemably fun to have those regenerate slowly during battle (2 a second?). That means if you waited a minute you could cast another spell.

The advantage of this over mana is that you can have 4 spells at once :grin:
I like this idea, actually. It should be fairly easy to do using "agent_set_slot." I may not do it that way for the first release, just to save time, but I'll definitely try that eventually.

Vaerraent said:
How about a spell that 'paralyzes' an enemy, ie. stops their AI working temporarily, depending on your level in say, dexterity or even better add a new skill using one of the reserved slots for magic. Magic firearms would be cool too - like, really elaborate 'flaming' or 'icy' pistols or something. Any chance of implementing something along the lines of diablo, ie. randomly generated items with specific effects and boosts to skills? Or is that not really possible?

As for names, how about 'The Flame Falleth'?
I'm not sure if that first idea is possible, but if so, I'll definitely try it. There will be no guns in this mod, unless you count the fire staff as a gun. The randomly generated items with boosts was something I've thought about a good deal, but would take a while to implement. I think I'll get a demo version out before I work on that. As for the name, modify it to "Fall of the Flame" and it's pretty good. I'll think about that.

I am just blown away by the sreenshots, first one is the funnest I've ever seen in m&B, good work.
An idea, how about just making spells just use hitpoints, every spell cast would use some health, it's simple and would be very interesting I think, you would have to be careful not to cast too much if you want to fight. Or just drain all if you don't intend to fight. Ironflesh would be useful here.

Haha, That fireball screenshots is funny. All those horses flying around.

Anyway, I don't care about a name nor story, just give me those items, and I am settled.  :wink:

Hah! funny. Good luck!
Servitor

Summon Whoopin
Summons a Berserker Warrior to protect and fight for the Wizard

Mod Name: Taboo Voodoo

Summoned Whoopins should have a flower in their hair or something to differentiate themselves from ordinary dress wearing Whoopins

Shroud of Fire

What do you want the basic storyline to be? Is he searching for lost memories, looking for an artifact, a family member, or is he the evil wizard out to conquer the world?

You mean uses per battle or normal uses? Also...

You should do some cool defensive spells, if possible (but I think it should be):

Wall (several types)

You summon a wall to block your enemies.

Entangle

You summon roots upon legs of your enemy, which entangles them (maybe thing which damages for 0 damage?  :grin:)

Summon (monster,creature,item)

You summon something.

Proposals:

1.: Will You marry me?

2.: Name for the mod:
-"Mind-Games"
-"Dazzle Hazzle"          xD
-"The Prestige"          (from a VERY good movie about magic tricks)
-"Mysticism&Blade"
-"Mount&Nuke"
-"Illusions of Grandeur"

3.: And a spell... teleport the heroes in your party to you, to use in case you're in trouble :razz:

Ill think of more

I just started figuring out scripting and was thinking something like this would be fun to make :smile:

A spell that calls your horse?
Weapon/armor summoning?
Start rain/snow to slow down enemy horses and weaken archers?

Is it possible to manipulate the environment?  If so, you could do something like this:

It might be cool to conjure a river in front of a charging cavalry only to have them slowed down and sliced to bits from your foot soldiers.
Or conjure rocks that would block a path to protect missle troops?

What about a conjure villagers spell that transports villagers from a nearby village and drops them into any location on the battlefield.  Cannon Fodder.

Name suggestions:

The Conjurer Walks Caladria
The Conjurer Walks the Land
Will of the Conjurer
Awakening of the Conjurer
Ascent of the Conjurer

(psst...in case you haven't noticed, I like the word Conjurer)

Sumanut said:
I am just blown away by the sreenshots, first one is the funnest I've ever seen in m&B, good work.
An idea, how about just making spells just use hitpoints, every spell cast would use some health, it's simple and would be very interesting I think, you would have to be careful not to cast too much if you want to fight. Or just drain all if you don't intend to fight. Ironflesh would be useful here.
Spells will definitely not hurt the user. I'll probably make a more logical method for their working at some point, though.

Whoopin said:
Summon Whoopin
Summons a Berserker Warrior to protect and fight for the Wizard
I might just do something along those lines, albeit with a better name.

Nuklearni-okurka said:
You mean uses per battle or normal uses? Also...

You should do some cool defensive spells, if possible (but I think it should be):

Wall (several types)

You summon a wall to block your enemies.

Entangle

You summon roots upon legs of your enemy, which entangles them (maybe thing which damages for 0 damage?  :grin:)

Summon (monster,creature,item)

You summon something.

More summons. Got it. Entangle? I suppose I could give all the enemies sticky feet. Uses means uses per battle.

Chel said:
I just started figuring out scripting and was thinking something like this would be fun to make :smile:

A spell that calls your horse?
Weapon/armor summoning?
Start rain/snow to slow down enemy horses and weaken archers?
I already have one which conjures a horse. I could do one which would summon arrows and/or bolts so that the archer would never run out of ammo. Can you start weather effects in the middle of a battle?
yellowmosquito said:
Is it possible to manipulate the environment?  If so, you could do something like this:

It might be cool to conjure a river in front of a charging cavalry only to have them slowed down and sliced to bits from your foot soldiers.
Or conjure rocks that would block a path to protect missle troops?

What about a conjure villagers spell that transports villagers from a nearby village and drops them into any location on the battlefield.  Cannon Fodder.
Most of those are not possible. As for the villagers, why conjure them when you can conjure Hell knights?

I think I'll name the mod Curtain of Flame, since most of the spells are rather fiery. What do y'all think of that?

Mirathei, this is great. I am utterly amazed.  I wish you had told me you were working on this. Looking forward to playing.

Whoa!!!! This mod looks awesome, well done! (Screenshots are amazing; most exciting I've seen in age

You haven't got it down but how about having ice and just 'force' versions of the fire staff effetc, would looking pretty cool, no?

For conjuration: I think it will be cool if I can summon deamon. Just use some deamon model and set the stats to be very high. (20 hell knights are very nice, but seeing one deamon slaughtering your enemies will be more fun)

BTW, wouldn't you think 20 hell knights * 5 per battle is too... powerful magic? I mean they are hell knights not peasants, 100 hell knights will surely crush any enemy and it will be no fun fighting a battle that you will surely win

For support magic: 1, how about mirror images? make about 3-5 player mirror images with the same stats but will perish if be hit. very useful if the player is using bow
                          2, a magic that will boost your strength or agility 50 points, only three times per battle (warrior with >150 strength or >150 agility is a nightmare)
                          3, invisible magic and higher invisible magic, as the name says, the latter one allows you to attack enemies without losing the invisible status
                          4, charm humans, can turn your enemies to be your fighters
                          5, curse, any one shot by this magic lose 10 strength
                          6, haste, all warriors around you gain 50 agility when the magic is cast
                          7, bull's strength, all warriors around you gain 20 strength when the magic is cast
                          8, divine protection, you gain 300 armor points for head and body for 5 minutes
                          9, horror, you run to your enemies and they are frightened away

For destructive magic: 1, POWERFUL METEOR STORM! kill every one in range, both friendly units and enemies.
                                2, fire wall, make a fire wall in front of you, damaging people passing it
                                3, poison, enemies lose 10% of his life point every second for 5 seconds
                                4, tornado, randomly throw your enegies to somewhere in the map
                                5, arrow rain, 100 arrows come from nowhere and strike your enemies!

I know most of the magics may not work. Just provide some of my ideas

P.S. the screenshots are awesome, maybe it is not impossible to make an official M&B II: magic world  ;P

Just curious, Mirathei are you coding this by adding 'on attack' triggers to particualr weapons, one separate spell to each weapon?
The shield spell is great.

Back
Top Bottom