• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire. Help me get it released! See first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
Released!
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=615

And the source!
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=616

From announcement to release in less than twenty-four hours-give me a cookie, now.

I'll get arround to responding to all of you in just a bit.
 

Apollon-04

Sweet!

*Jallon gives Mirathei 999999999999999999999999999999 cookies*

Happy now? 

Edit: What all did you do to the death animations?
 

Whoopin

Grandmaster Knight
That was turbo fast... Im gonna scud missile some scrubs now cause I wont need to summon Whoopins.
 

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
Dark_Hunter said:
You haven't got it down but how about having ice and just 'force' versions of the fire staff effetc, would looking pretty cool, no?
Good idea. That way I can spend 10 minutes modifying particle systems and get several new spells.

catking2003 said:
For conjuration: I think it will be cool if I can summon deamon. Just use some deamon model and set the stats to be very high. (20 hell knights are very nice, but seeing one deamon slaughtering your enemies will be more fun)

BTW, wouldn't you think 20 hell knights * 5 per battle is too... powerful magic? I mean they are hell knights not peasants, 100 hell knights will surely crush any enemy and it will be no fun fighting a battle that you will surely win

For support magic: 1, how about mirror images? make about 3-5 player mirror images with the same stats but will perish if be hit. very useful if the player is using bow
                          2, a magic that will boost your strength or agility 50 points, only three times per battle (warrior with >150 strength or >150 agility is a nightmare)
                          3, invisible magic and higher invisible magic, as the name says, the latter one allows you to attack enemies without losing the invisible status
                          4, charm humans, can turn your enemies to be your fighters
                          5, curse, any one shot by this magic lose 10 strength
                          6, haste, all warriors around you gain 50 agility when the magic is cast
                          7, bull's strength, all warriors around you gain 20 strength when the magic is cast
                          8, divine protection, you gain 300 armor points for head and body for 5 minutes
                          9, horror, you run to your enemies and they are frightened away

For destructive magic: 1, POWERFUL METEOR STORM! kill every one in range, both friendly units and enemies.
                                2, fire wall, make a fire wall in front of you, damaging people passing it
                                3, poison, enemies lose 10% of his life point every second for 5 seconds
                                4, tornado, randomly throw your enegies to somewhere in the map
                                5, arrow rain, 100 arrows come from nowhere and strike your enemies!

I know most of the magics may not work. Just provide some of my ideas

P.S. the screenshots are awesome, maybe it is not impossible to make an official M&B II: magic world  ;P
Yes, summoning 100 hell knights is absurdly powerful. It is also extremely rare and expensive. I'll see what I can do about a demon.

1. Not a bad idea. If it works, I think I'll do it for next version.
2. AI wouldn't be able to use it, so no.
3. The ai would still be able to see you, unfortunately.
4. Good idea. It might have some complications, though. I'll look into it.
5. Won't work, sorry.
6. Won't work, sorry.
7. Won't work, sorry.
8. Wouldn't work for ai, so no.
9. Can't imagine that working well with m+b.

1. I don't even want to think about the lag that would cause.
2. Maybe. It's doable, but I'm not sure how it would affect the gameplay.
3. Easy to do, but I don't much like the idea.
4. Lag. Nearly impossible to code.
5. Impossible, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the ideas.
 

Atilladahun

Regular
Mirathei said:
I've been working on this in secret for a while now, and did not originally plan on releasing it, but it's turned out to be quite fun, and I thought Y'all might enjoy it.

Magic in this mod will be based purely off of items. If you can afford a magically endowed weapon, you will be able to perform the magic. The ai will also be able to use any magic which you can use. You will encounter wandering bands of dark wizards in your travels, and ai hero parties will likewise keep a few wizards in tow.

Here is the mod:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=615

Here is the source: (do not use unless you are a modder)
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=616

- snip -
Been wanting to play this....

"downloading"

In the future, PLEASE do not quote image-heavy posts, or at least edit out the images. Several quotes from different people containing the same image is un-productive, un-constructive, and is heavily painful on the forum bandwidth - amongst those people with slower internet connections. ESPECIALLY when those images are in the FIRST post and/or your own does not reference to them in any meaningful way.

- Volk
 
Now this... Never... have I seen anything... like this...
This is a grounbreaking mod. Good thing you made it open source, because I'm suspecting any capable and smart mod'ers to use this in their fantasy-styled mod.
Job very, well done.
I can SURE see this being shoved into Last Days Mod... if it is... Just... Whoa it'd be nice. Not that it already is, but you know.
I also saw you were looking for some spell ideas, so I'll throw something I thought if that may be doable.
1. A Stun Spell? A Spell that can hold an A.I in place, and render him immobile and not able to attack.
2. A Brainwashing spell? A Spell that causes it's target casted on to begin attacking his allies and temporarily helping you.
3. A " Rusting Weapon " style spell? A spell that causes it's targets damage to be reduced.
4. I see you've already been able to make a summoning spell. Maybe you can make a new skin for players that looks Demonic and summons some maybe Undead, or Demons. A Black Magic style spell.
I have not downloaded the mod yet, but I cant find anywhy else to put this.
You create new skills, Such as Skill A " Fire Magic. " " Weapon A " Requires 2 points of fire magic to weild and so forth. Same with armor, to make different type of magicians identifiable and more distinct. I'm off to download!
 

matthew

Regular
fancy.  really cool.

spell ideas:

it would be interesting to be able to neutralize certain types of forces.  maybe make all the horses just stand around, eating grass, refusing to listen to their riders to neutralize calvary.  or make anyone on foot move incredibly slow, kindof an entangle idea, to neutralize infantry.  call a great wind to make all ranged weapons useless.  slow the game down like everyone is under water nullify any damage that isn't piercing.

mostly, i'd like to use force/telepathy to throw soldiers, and hopefully horses, at other units, hurting them both, and being entertaining.

this is sortof outside the scope of this mod maybe, but can you make units that are unusual sizes?  could you perhaps make a giant that towers over everyone and picks up enemy units and throws them?  could you make a little person that's really hard to hit?
 

Albino

Master Knight
One complaint, dark summoners summon to many hell knights. I was just attacked by 200 hell knights and had to summon the same amount of my own. Change it to only summon one hell knight.

Edit:razz:ic:

79545348sm6.jpg

Note the 3.66 fps.
 

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
Kiss Of The Blade said:
Now this... Never... have I seen anything... like this...
This is a grounbreaking mod. Good thing you made it open source, because I'm suspecting any capable and smart mod'ers to use this in their fantasy-styled mod.
Job very, well done.
I can SURE see this being shoved into Last Days Mod... if it is... Just... Whoa it'd be nice. Not that it already is, but you know.
I also saw you were looking for some spell ideas, so I'll throw something I thought if that may be doable.
1. A Stun Spell? A Spell that can hold an A.I in place, and render him immobile and not able to attack.
2. A Brainwashing spell? A Spell that causes it's target casted on to begin attacking his allies and temporarily helping you.
3. A " Rusting Weapon " style spell? A spell that causes it's targets damage to be reduced.
4. I see you've already been able to make a summoning spell. Maybe you can make a new skin for players that looks Demonic and summons some maybe Undead, or Demons. A Black Magic style spell.
I have not downloaded the mod yet, but I cant find anywhy else to put this.
You create new skills, Such as Skill A " Fire Magic. " " Weapon A " Requires 2 points of fire magic to weild and so forth. Same with armor, to make different type of magicians identifiable and more distinct. I'm off to download!
1. Impossible.
2. Will look into it.
3. Impossible.
4. Will do.

Albino said:
One complaint, dark summoners summon to many hell knights. I was just attacked by 200 hell knights and had to summon the same amount of my own. Change it to only summon one hell knight.

Edit:razz:ic:

79545348sm6.jpg

Note the 3.66 fps.
I'll cut the number down to 10.
 

schmendict

I'm actually having real trouble finding any of the staves. Where exactly are they meant to be? :S

Took an in-game week, but they eventually appeared. :grin:
 

Chel

Master Knight
Well done on a quick release! And extra cheers for the source code :smile:

One thing I was thinking of coding up is a set of 'blood armor' that would slowly regenerate the player while in batlle -- maybe you'd like that idea as well.
 

RF Nigth

Master Knight
WBWF&S
Mhu Ha ha ha ha ha ha  :lol: :lol:
horsesinair.jpg

dame fun :lol:
yea as Albino  say that it real slow pain when kniggits was 200?300..on top off that the reinforcemet freeze as  in Native..And the fire staff blast..

but fun Anny how!!!

spells? flame flame flamethrowing staff.

Force off time: the game get in Slowmotion but you run like a rabbit on Crack  :mrgreen:
 

forksaint

Sergeant
matthew said:
make a giant that towers over everyone and picks up enemy units and throws them?

Wow. You gotta take that as a compliment, Mirathei. You make a decent mod and people start believing you're God.

I'll answer it for you: Even if he is capable of reverse engeneering the game, if he did what you ask he would go to prison. Or probably get banned. Whichever is worse.

As for the suggestions:

What about a summon items spell? Like, weapons and armour?

Magic weapons would be cool, like a quarterstaff that electrocutes people on touch..  :cool: A nice effect would be: being able to maintain contact eventually kills the enemy. At least the animations are there, but is it possible to make the player freeze the ani and still make more batches of damage?

A wall of hell knight breath that knocks the enemy down for 5 seconds would be a nice tactical spell, but I doubt the horses responds to it well.

Edit: Too similar to your Defensive Blast idea earlier

Recycling? Any enemy units you kill within the next 15 or so seconds instantly respawn as ghosts at the baggage container.
 

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
Chel said:
Well done on a quick release! And extra cheers for the source code :smile:

One thing I was thinking of coding up is a set of 'blood armor' that would slowly regenerate the player while in batlle -- maybe you'd like that idea as well.
I do like that.  :razz: Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make wizards robes which do that.

[JaGeR] said:
Force off time: the game get in Slowmotion but you run like a rabbit on Crack  :mrgreen:
Impossible, I'm afraid.

forksaint said:
What about a summon items spell? Like, weapons and armour?

Magic weapons would be cool, like a quarterstaff that electrocutes people on touch..  :cool: A nice effect would be: being able to maintain contact eventually kills the enemy. At least the animations are there, but is it possible to make the player freeze the ani and still make more batches of damage?

A wall of hell knight breath that knocks the enemy down for 5 seconds would be a nice tactical spell, but I doubt the horses responds to it well.  :lol:

Recycling? Any enemy units you kill within the next 15 or so seconds instantly respawn as ghosts at the baggage container.
As for summon items, it would only really be practical to summon ammunition, so I think I'll do that. If I make magic melee weapons, they will just be uber versions of existing ones, since ti_on_weapon_attack doesn't work with melee weapons. I'm afraid the recycling is impossible. Thanks for the suggestions.
 

Chel

Master Knight
Mirathei said:
Chel said:
Well done on a quick release! And extra cheers for the source code :smile:

One thing I was thinking of coding up is a set of 'blood armor' that would slowly regenerate the player while in batlle -- maybe you'd like that idea as well.

I do like that.  :razz: Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make wizards robes which do that.

Great, then I can look at your source and I won't have to ponder it too much :grin:

(off the top of my head -- using trigger that checks for item and adds hp with a time counter in mission templates..)

Too bad on_attack triggers don't work on melee weapons.
 

Tuckles

Count
M&BWBWF&S
Does this have boats? Because I think blowing ships out of the water with that fire staff would be awesome. (Well, not the ships, but their inhabitants)
 
Top Bottom