looking for a rough overview of what has changed since july

Users who are viewing this thread

I last played a couple of months ago and have also not been following the pacth notes so much, I'm more interested in diving back in due to the alleged implementation of skill perks like steward and tactics in 1.5.4 beta.
Since bannerlord perks hasn't been updated to include 1.5.4 yet do any of you know if they work?
Also I remember from a few months back that levelling units was really tedious as well as equipment prices that were through the roof/or equipment not being available which was also a huge bummer.
Have these things been fixed or even touched upon in the last few months?

- Permanent death is almost fully implemented.
- Elite units are now stronger.
- Better performance.
- AI is much better in battlefields.
- A lot of perks are now working.
- Snowballing is a bit better.
- Archers are not broken anymore.
- Cavalry is decent now.
- Leveling units is ok IMO.
- Leveling characters is still too slow.

oh great, on performance. how are sieges doing? I remember always having crashes or low framefrates during those as well as the troops generally not wanting to go up the ladders but I guess that falls under AI

oh great, on performance. how are sieges doing? I remember always having crashes or low framefrates during those as well as the troops generally not wanting to go up the ladders but I guess that falls under AI

FPS performance is better, but not like eye-poppingly so. Troops still struggle with ladders. Whenever they fix one, it seems like they break the other.

Playing on an aging system with medium-high graphics and 1000 battle size, the siege performance varies a lot. In my current game(after months of not touchign the game) some sieges work surprisingly smoothly performance-wise, other not so much. Battanian castle sieges really chug like all the sieges in the older version when some troop pathing bug would cause the fps to drop into single digits. Vlandian castle and town sieges seem to have been alright.

I've taken part in maybe a dozen sieges so far, and let the AI do its thing in each one. So far I've only seen catastrophic failing in the siege of Pravend, where I brought down the walls first but most of my troops couldn't navigate through the holes on their own so they did the next best thing and just licked the outside walls while I died inside.

NOTE: when the walls aren't down, I always go through with the battering ram though. So the AI Might've been complete idiots with ladders and towers and I just wasn't there to notice. I always had troops on the walls when I got inside, though.

Back
Top Bottom