Getting tired of no-win situations,

Users who are viewing this thread

Sweynfokbeard, regarding diplomacy, as I stated, I don't mind paying off the neighbor, but to pay them of just to have them declare war again 20 days later is stupid. Maybe the game should add an option to pay them extra to assure the peace lasts at least a year or something. I wouldn't always want to, but when you have 6 empires at war with you, paying one off to go away for 20 days to get his armies revitalized seems rather stupid to me. You'll still be warring at least 3 or 4 of the empires you are currently warring when he returns.
They dont declare war against you 20 days later, it is because you force the tribute down too low. If you want better control over your tribute situation then 1) leave them with a few fiefs 2) sway their high tier lords to your side 3) and, above all else, dont press the tribute payment down too fare!

Pay them and find comfort in the fact that they will use your patronage to go pester someone else.

Last edited:
3) and, above all else, dont press the tribute payment down too fare!
This is an erroneous opinion, the game has no life, which means there is no politics and no diplomacy. All this leads to the fact that any faction has only two states, it is war or preparation for war.
When you make a tribute pact, you pay for the collection of their units and armies when they are ready, they will attack you again.

This is an erroneous opinion, the game has no life, which means there is no politics and no diplomacy. All this leads to the fact that any faction has only two states, it is war or preparation for war.
When you make a tribute pact, you pay for the collection of their units and armies when they are ready, they will attack you again.
You forget this part

"Pay them and find comfort in the fact that they will use your patronage to go pester someone else."

I paid tribute - 20,000 factions, but being much weaker than me, they still declared war on me, other options with fiefs and clans led to the same result - war. There is no state in the game when a faction stops preparing for war.

I paid tribute - 20,000 factions, but being much weaker than me, they still declared war on me, other options with fiefs and clans led to the same result - war. There is no state in the game when a faction stops preparing for war.
20k is probably not enough when you have so many fiefs. So, your problem would most likely be not paying enough (or that no-one else has something that they can attack)

20k is probably not enough when you have so many fiefs. So, your problem would most likely be not paying enough (or that no-one else has something that they can attack)
It's not hard to check, just pay immediately at the beginning of the war when they demand the maximum, and then wait.

After this message, a video appears stating that the empire has been destroyed, followed by the statistics that you have already seen.
Ohh good god man!
Talking about not being able to see the forest for all the trees. You have 75 MILLION and 45k influence. You could spam peace offers until the end of time...

Ohh good god man!
Talking about not being able to see the forest for all the trees. You have 75 MILLION and 45k influence. You could spam peace offers until the end of time...
Yes, because there is only my clan in my faction, I alone captured the map and no one bothered me, all the cities belong to me alone, now I can pay any tribute and make any decisions.
I am the great king of Calradia, unless they all pile on me.
:smile:

Yes, because there is only my clan in my faction, I alone captured the map and no one bothered me, all the cities belong to me alone, now I can pay any tribute and make any decisions.
I am the great king of Calradia, unless they all pile on me.
:smile:

Maybe you're right, I'm now 41 days without a war. I declared war on a faction and immediately made peace with them on their terms, and I did the same with the rest of the factions. Now they are fighting among themselves.

Maybe you're right, I'm now 41 days without a war. I declared war on a faction and immediately made peace with them on their terms, and I did the same with the rest of the factions. Now they are fighting among themselves.
You are not supposed to admit that someone elses propositions might have some merit (that is highly irregular)

At best you might grudgingly suggest that nothing can truely be said about the issue without looking into the codes; which you dont have time to do atm.

On the 44th day, the Khuzaites declared war on me. Before that, I paid tribute to them - 32,000, now they want - 57,000.

One factor remains in favor of your version, the balance of the faction has changed and now their price corresponds to the new request, but there is also a counterbalance - all factions are at war throughout the entire passage, i.e. initially, there is no balance for the world, perhaps it cannot be, based on the nature of the clan leaders.

Then it can only be tested when there are two factions left, the player and another that will absorb all the other factions.
I think it's possible.

Based on the foregoing, peace in Calradia is possible only when there is one faction. There is not a single passage where the factions are not at war. Then I can already convincingly confirm my first version, having checked and rejected the rest. The existence of balance would lead to the appearance of a state of the world and then the main meaning of the game would disappear.

Last edited:
On the 44th day, the Khuzaites declared war on me. Before that, I paid tribute to them - 32,000, now they want - 57,000.

One factor remains in favor of your version, the balance of the faction has changed and now their price corresponds to the new request, but there is also a counterbalance - all factions are at war throughout the entire passage, i.e. initially, there is no balance for the world, perhaps it cannot be, based on the nature of the clan leaders.

Then it can only be tested when there are two factions left, the player and another that will absorb all the other factions.
I think it's possible.
It doesnt have to be perfect.

There is this saying that you do not need to be able to outrun the lion, you just need to be able to outrun the other guy(s). You aim is just to make it less attractive to eat you as opposed to the other guys (faction leaders).

There is going to be some degree of chance involved e.g. you can observe that if X declares war on Y and you choose to reload then you may get a different result instead.

And, powerbalance is going to change over time. The "all the merc clans join that defeated faction" is a thing that does happen and it will change the balance.

Here is an idea if you feel like testing something. Just take an out of place area (maybe the Aserai) and divide it evenly up between all the factions.

I suspect that the close proximity to each other might make them all go for each others throat.

For all the inconsistency of peace in Calradia, paying the maximum tribute is a good tool to postpone the war for a long time and thereby remove the war on two fronts. For 60 days now there has been no war, only one faction has declared, the rest are silent, this is useful for the systematic capture of the map.
But do not forget that your tribute is a payment for replenishing the armies of your potential enemies, and even a war with one faction is a call to another to attack you.

For all the inconsistency of peace in Calradia, paying the maximum tribute is a good tool to postpone the war for a long time and thereby remove the war on two fronts. For 60 days now there has been no war, only one faction has declared, the rest are silent, this is useful for the systematic capture of the map.
But do not forget that your tribute is a payment for replenishing the armies of your potential enemies, and even a war with one faction is a call to another to attack you.
Yes, getting dragged into multiple wars is a bad idea. Just pay them off, finish off what you were doing, and then you can always turn around and renegotiate your deal with/conquer the one that had the audacity to declare war on you.

It just the whole " I have captured 50 of their lords and they still want money from me and then they declare war on me immediately after!" that isnt going to work. Yes, you have given them a crap deal that they are definitely going to want to renegotiate the moment they have regained some strength.

Anyway, it is not perfect but with a real army you can accomplish an aweful lot in 40-60-80 days or however long you get. You can conquer several factions within such a timeframe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom