SP - General Lack of Culture diversity among Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

As in the title. I noticed that well over half of the companions available in any given campaign seem to be Sturgian, and another quarter/third are Imperial. The occasional Battanian or Vlandian shows up, but never more than three in total as far as I have seen. In multiple games (Main and test games) I have yet to see any Khuzait or Azerai companions available.

Is this a bug/oversight/feature? Or have other cultures simply not been implemented yet? (Say, for lacking backstories, etc.?) Cheers

Noticed this today and you can verify it easy with game encyclopedia. It's quite boring cause i started a Vlandian warlord playthrough and can't recruit any Vlandians companions !!!

So dear Taleworlds developers if you could add more diversity of culture for recruitable heroes ! There is almost only Sturgians heroes and few Empires ones, only one has Vlandian culture and it's a woman with an Empire tunic... There is also many taverns without heroes at all especially Sturgians, Aserai and Khuzait Taverns.

Less important but i didn't like it very much: really too much female companions

What's needed for now to greatly improve gameplay:

- More variety of culture among companions
- Find like 90% wanderers/heores of the culture in their own region (for now Sturgians are everywhere in Vlandia and Empire but not in Sturgia XD) Find a Vlandian wanderer/hero in a Vlandian tavern doesn't seems that much crazy !?
- More variety of profiles/skills/jobs to assign them clan roles.
- Ensure that almost all taverns got one or two companions, a very few can have none indeed. Currently all taverns from Sturgia, Aserai and Khuzait taverns have no heroes.
- Make heroes move from nearby towns through a certain amount of time.

Facultative but would be more realistic like this:
-Reduce number of female companions especially for Vlandia, Aserai, and probably Empire (even if there is an Empress) : that feel to me like the most "misogynist" cultures. Sturgia, Khuzait, and Battania are more ok to have quite some female heroes.

I think I saw a Nexus Mod for that.

Yeah ! There is some Nexus mods to add companions:

Bleinz's More Wanderers

SomeDudeOnTheW3B mods

Last edited:
Made a thread about this already. Sturgia and Aserai literally have no companions.
Will test out the mod which unlocks seemingly unused companions, to see if it helps with the variation.

Sturgia does have companions,... the Coalbiter, ... the Fish and ... Bloodaxe are all Sturgians from what I experienced. But I haven't seen any Aserai or Khuzait companions.

Back
Top Bottom