Users who are viewing this thread

At the moment, I really feel like armies are missing something, they/the AI just feel like they're constantly making bad ideas. As an example, on my new campaign, we (Battania) own Varcheg and have recently lost Flintolg Castle to the Sturgians and there are currently two Battanian armies up and running. Varcheg is currently under siege and has been for a while but instead of defending Varcheg, both armies (a total of 1,200 troops) decide to swarm Flintolg Castle (with a total of 90 troop garrison) when a single one of their armies could've done that single-handedly. I feel like a town should take precedence over a castle, especially when we already control said town, defending should take precedence over conquest.

With that said, it reminds me of how on Warband (honestly, I'm not sure if it was Native or a mod, Diplomacy maybe?) you were able to convince lords with whom you had a high standing to conduct certain actions such as fleeing in a certain direction, raid a village, siege a town, defend a town/castle, patrol an area for a couple days, run in a certain direction to engage an enemy party, or even follow your party. Checks were made such as the relation of the character to the player character as well as what they were currently doing (they wouldn't listen if they were resting and recovering, etc.) If they decided to listen to your advice and got defeated, you'd have a negative opinion change, but if they benefited at all, there was a positive opinion gain.

It just feels like you're on your own when you're playing this game, especially in the later stage of the game. The only time I really find AI lords useful is in defeating recently defeated solo lords, bandit parties, or reinforcing armies that you create yourself. All-in-all, going out on their own, or even reinforcing AI armies, never really has much of an impact as even if they do end up capturing a town/castle, they lose it ten minutes later. Being able to convince lords (or even armies) to conduct certain actions to benefit the realm would be amazing and would breathe so much life into managing your kingdom and being able to make an impact on your campaign.

I'm open to discussion, any questions, or concerns, please list them and I'm happy to talk about it.

5jDQzSX.png

Three armies chasing after a single small party while a castle is besieged nearby.

At the moment, I really feel like armies are missing something, they/the AI just feel like they're constantly making bad ideas. As an example, on my new campaign, we (Battania) own Varcheg and have recently lost Flintolg Castle to the Sturgians and there are currently two Battanian armies up and running. Varcheg is currently under siege and has been for a while but instead of defending Varcheg, both armies (a total of 1,200 troops) decide to swarm Flintolg Castle (with a total of 90 troop garrison) when a single one of their armies could've done that single-handedly. I feel like a town should take precedence over a castle, especially when we already control said town, defending should take precedence over conquest.

With that said, it reminds me of how on Warband (honestly, I'm not sure if it was Native or a mod, Diplomacy maybe?) you were able to convince lords with whom you had a high standing to conduct certain actions such as fleeing in a certain direction, raid a village, siege a town, defend a town/castle, patrol an area for a couple days, run in a certain direction to engage an enemy party, or even follow your party. Checks were made such as the relation of the character to the player character as well as what they were currently doing (they wouldn't listen if they were resting and recovering, etc.) If they decided to listen to your advice and got defeated, you'd have a negative opinion change, but if they benefited at all, there was a positive opinion gain.

It just feels like you're on your own when you're playing this game, especially in the later stage of the game. The only time I really find AI lords useful is in defeating recently defeated solo lords, bandit parties, or reinforcing armies that you create yourself. All-in-all, going out on their own, or even reinforcing AI armies, never really has much of an impact as even if they do end up capturing a town/castle, they lose it ten minutes later. Being able to convince lords (or even armies) to conduct certain actions to benefit the realm would be amazing and would breathe so much life into managing your kingdom and being able to make an impact on your campaign.

I'm open to discussion, any questions, or concerns, please list them and I'm happy to talk about it.
Agreed! Being able to give Army commanders instructions to patrol or guard certain borders, castles or, settlements would be an awesome addition to the game and would be a great tool to utilize for war planning/strategy! Great idea here!!!!

+1 in warband is available an option called "may i suggest a course of action"
using your charm skill to get other lords to do stuff would be great!

+1 in warband is available an option called "may i suggest a course of action"
using your charm skill to get other lords to do stuff would be great!
Yeah, using charm would be a good idea. This could even be tied into the negotiation side of things, you may need to bribe lords with certain personality types (such as calculative) to carry out your suggestions. Negotiation is very bland at the moment seeing as it's really not too useful and I rarely find myself using the feature.

Right now i am with the Aserai. Just had wars in the east. Both Vlandia and western empire make war. Armies form in the east for the long walk to the west. Yeah i am just a mercenary. If i was king those clans leading the armies would be kicked out.

Right now i am with the Aserai. Just had wars in the east. Both Vlandia and western empire make war. Armies form in the east for the long walk to the west. Yeah i am just a mercenary. If i was king those clans leading the armies would be kicked out.
Yeah, it's just stupid, I'd like more methods to control who leads these armies, it makes no sense for someone on the other side of the map to create an army to go over the other side of the map. The annoying thing is that the parties that are already nearby to a town being besieged will prioritize joining an army even if it's ages away. This results in a situation where you've got what little presence nearby the town that's being sieged leaving the area to group up with the army and then due to the low presence, more enemy parties end up being able to reinforce the army and it grows even further.

Further to this suggestion, I'd love for there to be a method for the player to control AI from a further distance, if this suggestion is brought in, even using a mod to communicate with AI lords from far away would become really useful because you'd be able to control your own kingdom and fight wars on multiple fronts easier while not feeling like you're completely alone in your fight.

Yeah, using charm would be a good idea. This could even be tied into the negotiation side of things, you may need to bribe lords with certain personality types (such as calculative) to carry out your suggestions. Negotiation is very bland at the moment seeing as it's really not too useful and I rarely find myself using the feature.
Agree 100%

- Sending messengers to the army or lord with a given quest.

- Greater feeling that you are a king and if you have a negative relationship with a given ruler, even if you want to leave the kingdom, the city may want to rebel because they are loyal to the king. In the warband there was something like at the entrance to the settlement "they open the gates to their ruler"

- Drawing borders where the lords won't attack because the defensive option usually doesn't fulfill its functions well.

- Lack of feasts and the feeling of "idyll" after the war, where time is needed to regenerate the troops and the spirit of soldiers and lords.
Peace must be more important.

- there should be elephants, rhinos and war dogs, maybe a new faction resembling the Ming empire.

- Religion should be limited and affect in such a way that a storm or storm or sandstorm kills opponents (border of mysticism and superstition because maybe it was a coincidence)

- The mayor of the city does not participate in the fight. He should have his own elite squad and when he loses, he evacuates to the castle and the fight takes place there. By the way, in the case of defense for the player, there is no such option.

Drawing borders where the lords won't attack because the defensive option usually doesn't fulfill its functions well.
To create small wooden forts to defend places like in mtw would add alot. Abandon forts might be taken by both bandits and desserters. Also to stop enemy caravans. I picture those could look really cool. Also help some factions. And that the party holding the fort wont let clans with bad relation to them pass. Relations is not used enough in the game.

Have people ever riden Rhinos? If it´s the horn your after people have been riding Raindeers.

I don't know if they rode elephants, so they could ride rhinos too. Of course, the maintenance cost would be cosmically expensive

I don't know if they rode elephants, so they could ride rhinos too. Of course, the maintenance cost would be cosmically expensive
Elephants was used in war. Rhinos have poor eyesight so they attack everything that comes close. More safe riding a bear or a lion then a Rhino.

Back
Top Bottom