If you're gonna ding me for my companion parties' raids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice, thanks!

I know you guys are pretty busy, but please check the war/ peace declaration system when you have time. It looks like there is a pretty nice and deep system in the game but need to be polished. Thanks!

I know it has high priority. I could not start examining it because of several other things. We had new crashes after yesterday's hotfix. Now I hope I will pass it.

It's been sent, the email named 'village troop over 200'. Check your email please.

Thanks.

In my game the companions join another armies normally, but what I noticed is that my companions never made (or there isn't a option so that the player can do) an army with the companion as a leader, to me this is troublesome because leading an army is probably the only effective way to increase leadership

First companion at an army which is led by other lords:
en6AU.png

Will be sent with hotfix 90%
A beautiful sight to see, well done!

I usually do not use mods but currently using Party AI Overhaul and I have to say that it is great. I would love to see some similar things implemented in game. It is great how you can order your clan parties to patrol the clan's fiefs and then I have not to sit close my villages to try to avoid they get raided, and defeating enemiy armies over and over. If possible, please add an option to order clan members to patrol settlements. Thiw will be a great addition for the game.

Yes having control over joining armies or not sounds good too. Maybe some players can select "their clan parties to not join armies" so when player create an army he/she can call them all in any case. Having as much as control over clan parties sounds good but I am not sure how many of them will be accepted. I am taking notes. I am fan of adding as much as possible options but maybe you can have less control then what I write here. I am not final decision giver about this.

I did not understand your second sentence. Did you mean some of your clan parties do not join armies anytime?
Mexxxico,
What if these were implemented like Kingdom Policies, but for Clans, not that there would be a vote per se, but you choose from a list of Clan policies. EG:

Honor and Dignity: Clan parties do not raid Villages, do no quests for criminal notables, do not take lords captive
Practical: Clan parties can raid when they are low on food and far from friendly territory, will do all quests, will take army leaders/Sovereigns prisoner
Might Makes Right: Clan parties raid always, does Criminal notables quests, takes all prisoners

Mother Hen: Clan parties will only patrol Clan fiefs and do quests for Clan notables
This Land Is Our Land: Clan parties patrol Kingdom fiefs and do quests for Kingdom Clans
Knights Errant: Clan parties travel all over the map, joining armies and doing quests

and other such policies that allow for flexibility but fit in the current Clan tab much the way Kingdom policies do

Last edited:
Mexxxico,
What if these were implemented like Kingdom Policies, but for Clans, not that there would be a vote per se, but you choose from a list of Clan policies. EG:

Honor and Dignity: Clan parties do not raid Villages, do no quests for criminal notables, do not take lords captive
Practical: Clan parties can raid when they are low on food and far from friendly territory, will do all quests, will take army leaders/Sovereigns prisoner
Might Makes Right: Clan parties raid always, does Criminal notables quests, takes all prisoners

Mother Hen: Clan parties will only patrol Clan fiefs and do quests for Clan notables
This Land Is Our Land: Clan parties patrol Kingdom fiefs and do quests for Kingdom Clans
Knights Errant: Clan parties travel all over the map, joining armies and doing quests

and other such policies that allow for flexibility but fit in the current Clan tab much the was Kingdom policies do
+1
Wow what a quality suggestion

Mexxxico,

and other such policies that allow for flexibility but fit in the current Clan tab much the was Kingdom policies do

Yes this solution suits better to game’s other elements. However then you will have only 3-5 different options. Otherwise enable/disable solution has 2^n different options. (n is number of checkboxes)

Probably we will do something similar to your suggestion because checkbox solution does not fit with game’s other elements. I personally prefer 2^n choices to control everything but to keep things simple your suggestion is better.

We can do this via clan menu or dialog. If we do via dialog you need to find your clan member and talk to change his/her behavior (negative) but we can add more adjustments via dialog (positive).

So final decision is not mine. I examined mod shared here also. Taking notes.

Yes this solution suits better to game’s other elements. However then you will have only 3-5 different options. Otherwise enable/disable solution has 2^n different options. (n is number of checkboxes)

Probably we will do something similar to your suggestion because checkbox solution does not fit with game’s other elements. I personally prefer 2^n choices to control everything but to keep things simple your suggestion is better.

We can do this via clan menu or dialog. If we do via dialog you need to find your clan member and talk to change his/her behavior (negative) but we can add more adjustments via dialog (positive).

So final decision is not mine. I examined mod shared here also. Taking notes.
I would prefer 2^n options compared to 5, I think it would simplify it too much. But what I think could be a good middle ground is 5 (whatever number works) presets AND the ability to customize the behaviors if you so choose.

If we go down the dialog route, can we please have a way to send a messenger to clan members and AI lord to initiate a dialog from afar (even if it takes a companion and group of men). This is something i mentioned before but in regards for recruiting lords. This could allow you to manage these things like choose your clan members behaviors and hopefully as a ruler give suggestions to your vassals without having to chase them around the map.

Communication in the past was mainly done through messengers.

I think they are not companion but your family members.
Will my family members, in current 1.4.3 version, make there own parties if I leave them be in a tavern or such? SO far I've only seen little brother and sister sit in town until I took them into party. I'm not a vassal but I'd like it if they would patrol our lands.

Will my family members, in current 1.4.3 version, make there own parties if I leave them be in a tavern or such? SO far I've only seen little brother and sister sit in town until I took them into party. I'm not a vassal but I'd like it if they would patrol our lands.
They will not just make one on their own, but you also do not need to have them in your party to start one. In the clan screen party tab you should be able to hit the "Create new party" button and choose your siblings/spouse/companions to make a party. They will start solo wherever they are located and start recruiting until they are strong enough to start fighting. Something that got bugged out though is the parties no longer do quests or get into fights that raise reputation with notables. Don't need to be a vassal, just clan level 2 or 3, whichever one lets you have a 2nd party.

Last edited:
They will not just make one on their own, but you also do not need to have them in your party to start one. In the clan screen party tab you should be able to hit the "Create new party" button and choose your siblings/spouse/companions to make a party. They will start solo wherever they are located and start recruiting until they are strong enough to start fighting. Something that got bugged out though is the parties no longer do quests or get into fights that raise reputation with notables. Don't need to be a vassal, just clan level 2 or 3, whichever one lets you have a 2nd party.
yeah, I was hoping there was a way to get more parties. They will occasional get into fight that raise reputation but I agree it much less then it was before. I think it might be an accident somehow.

yeah, I was hoping there was a way to get more parties. They will occasional get into fight that raise reputation but I agree it much less then it was before. I think it might be an accident somehow.
Something that I ran into in a previous playthrough but i didnt on my current 1.4.3 playthrough, so no promises, is if you marry someone who is leading a party and you already have the full amount of parties out you, they will remain in their party and you will get an extra one. But of course if a party is destroyed you will be locked to the limit again. In my currently playthrough my spouse went right to being a governor.

Something that I ran into in a previous playthrough but i didnt on my current 1.4.3 playthrough, so no promises, is if you marry someone who is leading a party and you already have the full amount of parties out you, they will remain in their party and you will get an extra one. But of course if a party is destroyed you will be locked to the limit again. In my currently playthrough my spouse went right to being a governor.
Yes I've seen this too! It was always when I married early and couldn't pay the bill though!

Back
Top Bottom