SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bathi of Yi Ti.

So, I helped her get the throne of Norvos, because I seem to like the idea of a woman having been touched by the divine, and then, promptly, destroyed Norvos, because I, as a Warband in-game character, like the idea of being a ruler, and Norvos was the weakest faction with only one walled fief, which was also held by me.

Interestingly enough, Bathi did not leave the realm, but rather joined the Westerlands as a she-lord. Is this intended? If it is, then there is some work to be done with scripts and dialogues.

Firstly, she can not be asked what she thinks about Tywin Lannister (either the dialogue excludes claimants, or it excludes characters with [liege] personalities.)
Secondly, she does not defect, even despite having very low opinion of Tywin (again, either the script excludes claimants, or it excludes characters with [liege] personalities.)

If it is not intended that she stays around, then it is a bug (however, I suppose it is intended, because she can be married AND asked to leave Norvos for the Player's faction, and probably making her to leave would be wrong...)

EDIT: More scene bugs.
Grassfield keep is a "tower" siege, but the scene is "ladder" siege.
Grassfield keep has some defenders spwn stuck in wood piles (maybe due to lack of spawn points as in The Crossing).
Ashemark has a really lousy Ai navmesh, causing attackers to get stuck at the bridge. Also the siege ladder is SLOW (probably due to a very steep inclination).
Kayce wall has a certain fence not circumvented by AI navmesh, causing attackers to get stuck, easiest solution would be to delete or "drop" it (it is a flimsy fence anyway.)
Feastfires and similar scenes still have defenders reinforcements spawn inside a very small wood storage shed, getting stuck, and causing attackers getting stuck on the walls above. Moving defender reinforcements spawn point is in order.

Sergio_Morozov said:

not sure if you mentioned it already but Rosby has the same issue, also not sure about if there is wood piles and if they get stuck on them

Azsouth said:
Sergio_Morozov said:

not sure if you mentioned it already but Rosby has the same issue, also not sure about if there is wood piles and if they get stuck on them

I went searching the other day, I think I found all of the tower/ladder siege bugs, reposting for visibility:

Severe Siege Bugs:

Blackhaven, Brightwater Keep - Defenders do not stand close enough to destructible door, Player Character will have to break the door themselves (on offense or defense) or position defenders next to the door in order to make the siege progress

Horn Hill, Rosby, Rook's Rest, Grassfield Keep, Iron Holt, Hellholt, The Gates of the Moon, Strongsong, Vaes Anogar, Fort Eryas, Torturer's Deep - Siege Tower AI on a Ladder Map, AI won't charge

Tolerol- totally impassable scene, no tower/ladder exists
Harvest Hall- totally impassable scene, siege tower looks burned-out and is non-functional

Lannisport sieging is broken/unplayable. if you have to go fight in the streets you will 100% of the time get a runtime error, after the first phase of the siege. that will crash your game to the desktop. also this seems to happen during duskendale sieges as well, frequently enough to warrant a save before attacking the city, but usually after at least one crash you can successfully siege it. I'v been trying to screenshot the error message but for some reason the ctrl+ins doesn't work and the windows button + print screen is apparently to big for this site to handle.

Azsouth said:
Lannisport sieging is broken/unplayable. if you have to go fight in the streets you will 100% of the time get a runtime error...duskendale sieges as well...

It was not unplayable for me (in 7.1, in version 4 there were such problems), but these scenes are indeed very "heavy" and may cause crashes with repeated reloading of them.

Try to reduce texture quality to zero and report results. It will probably not crash.

I love this mod, great stuff. I love how much work has gone into building the various cities/environments. I have one small peeve, I cannot find the chest in Myhsa Faer, the one city I've spent hours walking around looking (and it is wonderful) but it's killing me that this is the only city that I can't find a chest in. I have concluded that this is the only city not to have a chest, but my OCD refuses to accept that. Anyone found this chest?

Also, not sure if this is classed  as a bug (I never really played vanilla, or any other mod but this) but doing tourneys in a city where a feast is ongoing means that you can do a tourney, leave to a neighbouring city and then return to do the tourney again (probably win favour with the same npc's also), rinse and repeat.

Bugs, itemization:

All the mail/plate gauntlets that have a -3 to Power Draw/Throw tooltip are not applying the debuff.
itm_ga_swa_a4_plate
itm_ga_swa_a6_plate
itm_ga_vae_a5_mail
itm_narf_demi_gauntlets
itm_narf_finger_gauntlets
itm_ga_pla_a5_iron Plate_Gauntlets

Both Gold Cloak armors reduce Power Draw/Throw by 2 but lack the tooltip on the item.
itm_westerland_goldcloak
itm_westerland_goldcloak_cloaked

Two Chain Mail Hauberks do not reduce Power Draw/Throw by 2 or 4 as the other armors in their class do.
itm_narf_chain_mail_1_hood
itm_sellsword_heavy_leather

Possible bugs, itemization/unit design:

The Great Helmet (itm_he_khe_t5_neck_a) has 45 armor, but I think 51 armor would be a better total for it, taking it into line with things like Armets.

The chest armor for Elite Sisterman Spearmen is 48/21 armor. Upon being upgraded, the Sisterman Household Guard gets worse armor, at 37/20 armor, though it still requires 20 Str like a top-tier armor would (itm_sisterman_plate_1 Reinforced_Leather_Armor). Having a unit upgrade into worse armor than before, while not getting something like a horse or ranged weapon out of the bargain, could be a design choice, but I figured I'd point it out in case it was not intentional.

Similarly, the armor itemization for early Reach troops is all over the place. Their second tier troops, Reach Pikemen, get 45/18 armor. If upgraded into Dismounted Reachmen Squires, they get 28/11 armor. Veteran Reachmen Pikemen get 8 different armors some of which are worse than normal Pikemen's armor, some the same, and some far better - this seems like a design choice, and I like varied armors and armor qualities in a single unit's tier, but I think it may make more sense to have the Squires have the various gear and make the Veteran Pikemen more uniform.

Bug, units:

The unit Mounted Skirmisher does not have any Power Throw skill , leading the javelins on its back to be useless (needs 4). This makes battles with Essosi armies/bandits/caravans play out dramatically differently than they otherwise would. -edit: Sometimes they throw javelins, but they almost always don't? It may be that only some of them spawn with javelins and only some of the ones who spawn with the weapon elect to use them, I admit to not testing this heavily.

Taranshula said:
I love this mod, great stuff. I love how much work has gone into building the various cities/environments. I have one small peeve, I cannot find the chest in Myhsa Faer, the one city I've spent hours walking around looking (and it is wonderful) but it's killing me that this is the only city that I can't find a chest in. I have concluded that this is the only city not to have a chest, but my OCD refuses to accept that. Anyone found this chest?

Also, not sure if this is classed  as a bug (I never really played vanilla, or any other mod but this) but doing tourneys in a city where a feast is ongoing means that you can do a tourney, leave to a neighbouring city and then return to do the tourney again (probably win favour with the same npc's also), rinse and repeat.

You don't have to leave, you just have to rest for a couple of hours or just sit their spam space bar and let a couple of hours pass. I can normally get 5 per day, or maybe like 15-18 over the course of a feast, go in and chant up each lady once for +4, after that it's plus 2. I only typically get a prize like a bow or horse for the first win, you get reduced renown and way reduced payout for the second and onwards, but it's still a great way to make money, increase your weapon skills, your relations with that town go up a bit for the first win and +1 per win after that.

So it's gamey but not ultimately game breaking as I could make around the same amount of money other ways, but this gets you more weapon skills, more relations with the towns and more rep with the ladies of the realm.

For even more fun, any time you are running around and see a Lord at 100% being held prisoner, if you aren't warring with that faction, rescue them. Especially as a Merc, for a non partisan faction, like Qohor or something, nobody even cares, but you will get a wall of green text as the Lord and all their relatives fall all over themselves in admiration of you.

viperswhip said:
For even more fun, any time you are running around and see a Lord at 100% being held prisoner, if you aren't warring with that faction, rescue them.
Do this as a quest if you can. Go to his kingdom's tavern and ask the keeper about work. You will get the name of a relative that wants him back. Go to them and ask for a task. They will give you a quest that gives a large amount of gold (5k I think) and EXP.

Azsouth said:
Lannisport sieging is broken/unplayable. if you have to go fight in the streets you will 100% of the time get a runtime error, after the first phase of the siege. that will crash your game to the desktop. also this seems to happen during duskendale sieges as well
Duskendale is a notoriously "heavy" scene. I hate getting ambushed by bandits there. It's a very large area, and that means many things to render. It's quite a hassle to fix because you can't just generate LODs for scene objects and expect them to look good. You need to make the meshes manually.

I mean, I rescue lords as an incidence of trading, I don't quest for it. I am doing a circuit, not wandering over the map, my time is valuable as I must get enough cash and renown and right to rule so that I can claim a lone city as my capital for my own Kingdom by day 60ish. I suppose after that I could do such quests, but typically I have other concerns.

Still, that's actually okay advice if you don't lose rep for failing it. I could find those Westerland Lords or whoever as I do my run around, I will keep that in mind.

Also, the only woman I marry is Barbrey Dustin so I don't have to run around and do that quest either, I run up there and if she isn't in to me I reset and try again.

More scene bugs:

Village of Lutava has two aspens blocking pathways and defender spawn point, they need to be deleted.
Siege of Qohor has the middle tower out of place and blocking AI path, probably was not meant to be there, needs to be deleted.
Sunspear tavern does not have Entry Point 41 for the (new, static) Ransom Broker to spawn.
Fort Gargos Lord's Hall - some items on the table are clipping into the table.
Vaes Jevi Lord's Hall - no lights and a chair is floating outside.

Your attention to detail is great Sergio, I've been to that Hall and didn't notice and I don't notice things in the tavern, basically I go in, see if there is a companion there or troops and if no, I am outa there. In Hall, typically I am looking for a lady to say, hey there, I am dedicating this tourney win to you my lady!

viperswhip said:
Your attention to detail is great Sergio, I've been to that Hall and didn't notice and I don't notice things in the tavern, basically I go in, see if there is a companion there or troops and if no, I am outa there. In Hall, typically I am looking for a lady to say, hey there, I am dedicating this tourney win to you my lady!

Well, I was visiting a tavern, where previously there was no ransom broker, and he somehow was there... and next time he was not... and since in this version ransom brokers are static, I thought
[quote author=Sergio_Morozov]
Hmm! Something is amiss here!
[/quote]
And I started to investigate...

not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Lord Uthor Tollett when defeated and you have the opportunity to capture him says he has disgraced the Lord of Light, think he follows the Seven.

There is a badly made siege equipment in one of the sieges from Stormlands kingdom castles, it prevents your troops from getting inside the walls at all. Can't say exactly which one cause i don't remember but might be one of the southern castles, maybe blackhaven or the one near weeping town.
https://imgur.com/GDzIdbD
https://imgur.com/vjsm4oP

7.1 is an excellent version thank you! Just a little feedback from a couple games I have played-

Wildfire - The wildfire that is gained from the quest is bugged and does 0 damage, when used I get a bunch of red error text. Same thing happened on both characters I played on this version.

Kingslanding garrison - Kingslanding is still falling a little too easy and their garrison often has less troops then other faction capitals, I would add more gold cloaks for sure. This is really an immersion breaker when Kingslanding falls the first 30 days which it did in both play throughs I have done on this version. I make the garrison at least 600 maybe even more like 900- 100. The current 350 is way too weak.

Heartsbane - the new heartsbane is way too small at 99 and is shorter then some arming swords, this was my but now I just stick to a master crafted great sword that has the 157 length which is superior.

Horse armor - At 35 it seems a bit weak for plate armor maybe that would be a good baseline for mail but plate would be nice if it mirrored the plate armor value 70-80 range. With a price tag of 35k they go down way too easy.

Great Helm - The great helm that is awarded to you when you found your own kingdom is a bit weak at 51 and is not a good option when you can get helmets that are 55 protection that are reinforced, I would just make them 55 protection since the text says they are reinforced when you pay for them.     

Valyrian weapons - They are good but would awesome if they were a little better, these are the late game weapons that are hard to get but are often outclassed by weapons like the two handed war hammers or the bastard swords do to length and utility while mounted. I would make two hand versions crush through blocks and longer so they are better then war hammers and halberds. I would even consider making all Valyrian weapons faster and crush through blocks otherwise they are really not much of an upgrade.

reiksmarshal said:
7.1 is an excellent version thank you! Just a little feedback from a couple games I have played-

Wildfire - The wildfire that is gained from the quest is bugged and does 0 damage, when used I get a bunch of red error text. Same thing happened on both characters I played on this version.

Kingslanding garrison - Kingslanding is still falling a little too easy and their garrison often has less troops then other faction capitals, I would add more gold cloaks for sure. This is really an immersion breaker when Kingslanding falls the first 30 days which it did in both play throughs I have done on this version. I make the garrison at least 600 maybe even more like 900- 100. The current 350 is way too weak.

Heartsbane - the new heartsbane is way too small at 99 and is shorter then some arming swords, this was my but now I just stick to a master crafted great sword that has the 157 length which is superior.

Horse armor - At 35 it seems a bit weak for plate armor maybe that would be a good baseline for mail but plate would be nice if it mirrored the plate armor value 70-80 range. With a price tag of 35k they go down way too easy.

Great Helm - The great helm that is awarded to you when you found your own kingdom is a bit weak at 51 and is not a good option when you can get helmets that are 55 protection that are reinforced, I would just make them 55 protection since the text says they are reinforced when you pay for them.     

Valyrian weapons - They are good but would awesome if they were a little better, these are the late game weapons that are hard to get but are often outclassed by weapons like the two handed war hammers or the bastard swords do to length and utility while mounted. I would make two hand versions crush through blocks and longer so they are better then war hammers and halberds. I would even consider making all Valyrian weapons faster and crush through blocks otherwise they are really not much of an upgrade.

I agree with the Valyrian steel stuff, it's not worth getting any of the special weapons when you can simply buy a masterwork or balanced whatever to take it's slot. I'd like to add that there's only one town (Hull) in which two sets of armor spawn (the Dragonstone Household Guard Plate Armor and the Targaryan Armour) and of those two only the Targaryen armour I'v seen as the "Reinforced" or top tier version, the Houshold Guard one w/ the black and gold I'v never seen above the basic, also idk if it's by design but Gold Clock armor is never top tier/reinforced, it's always either "thick" or lower

some battles end early for whatever reason and have to be continued which sometimes leads to a C++ crash, even while the enemies are spawning just randomly during the battle it will end and have to start again, sometimes you can face 2,000 guys without a problem, other times it auto-stops when facing off against 400-500 guys and leaves you only a few to kill in the second battle.

is there a way to prevent the peasant bug where the party gets your character? I'v done several runs where I don't aid peasants at all and still numerous parties spring up when they survive an engagement with my guy and end up holding up some huge rebel parties sometimes. I usually join the bandits side for those and kill my own character but then I have 0 health after the battle and idk if another party just spawns from the town where that one had come from with my character again.

once you take Kings Landing can you recruit Gold Cloaks or are you stuck with the 50 you capture and offer to join your side?

Azsouth said:
...I usually join the bandits side for those and kill my own character but then I have 0 health after the battle and idk if another party just spawns from the town where that one had come from with my character again...

Take auto-resolve on this fight, and you will not be damaged (although maybe a couple of your troops will be).
Another party spawns from a village, but most likely without your double in it.

Hey :smile:

I´ve got a problem with the quest Beyond the Wall (Part 3). During going through the journey with Jon Snow, I had to left, and just closed M&B, and reseted my progress this way.
Now the quest seems to be activated (I´m already told to "join the ranging", so i already speaked with Jon), but it´s be impossible to start the journey. Also I can´t climb the wall through the menu of Castle Black to reach Jon Snow again. I already tried to speak with Mormont again and searched Jon in the villages northside of the Wall, nearly everywhere, but didnt found him.  Does someone know what I have to do right now? I already got spoilered and the quest is realy important to the progress of the storyline, so i´m very disappointed now. :sad:

Thanks, and please excuse my bad english :smile:

If this happened, there is no way to "fix" it (although I think some kind of a fail-save was implemented for other quests which could be broken in this way?). Just destroy the Night Watch and be done with it =D

Back
Top Bottom