SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

when you ask the high lords or kings of Westeros about yourself as a claimant, after their indignation they say something like "well let me tell you this" or something and the next screen only has a number.

When Aegon lands sometimes he only declares war on one faction (for me it's Dragonstone), once he's declared on the Reach and Dragonstone, but the Stormlands if they are still around (post Renly death) they ignore as well as the Westerlands, seems odd to me considering The Westerlands usually still has Kings Landing and most of the Crownlands. Usually it's just three war declarations on the same faction. Dorne declares on the Reach, Dragonstone, Stormlands, and the Westerlands which makes sense.

Lannisport scene is broken pretty bad and can be used as a stronghold to fight off entire armies with just a handful of archers. The siege tower does not make it to the wall so the enemy army or player army just gets shot to death.

Hello,
i recently returned to ACOK (played 4.1 last time) and love to replay it.

Am i mistaken or was it possible then to select a banner after the starting sequence? I checked the cheat menu as well as every mod menu i could find but i cant select or change a banner anywhere.

Really glad to see 8.0 is in the works the changes sound good and are some of the things I would love to see addressed. Just a few items to think about if it can be fit in 8.0.

Essos troops - It is impossible to play a character in Essos as the sellsword troops are way too expensive my garrisons was costing me 20k for a couple hundred troops. There needs to be more access to slave troops that are cheap but suck and it would be nice to be able to buy more Unsullied like 20, 40, 60 at a time. Otherwise your only option is to use westeros troops which makes playing an Essos character pointless.

Dane axes (two handed axes) - these need a buff they feel too weak, they should have crush though blocks as they are powerful. Even in Wolin viking reenactment there are guys getting their arms broken trying to block Dane axes. It would also make the Ironborn retainers scarier. 

Tournament of the Winged knights - Probably one of the coolest quest in the game but the prize needs to be better for the helmet, I would award the Blue decorated tournament helmet as it goes great with the faction colors of the Vale. The armet helmet is too generic and not unique. That said I would also consider buffing the decorated tournament helmets to that of a reinforced armet or houndskull so they are some of the best helmets in the game and worth the price of 5000. Currently that is 55 but it is mentioned that helmets are getting a buff in 8.0 so whatever reinforced armets will be.

Late game Wight army - It would be nice if there were some large wight armies North of the wall that you could face by taking your army in force to go try to deal with them. Like a huge army of 500-1000 or something that you can try to defeat.

Vale Troops - It is mention that they are getting changed up a bit in 8.0 which is great because their knights don't look very knightly, they look like they use the old dragon stone knights.

095a2db2cc18d0958ee324ae40284af5.png

Banners lances - It would be nice if cavalry used more of the banners from their culture, they seem pretty random atm. ie give Lannister cavalry Lannister banenrs, Vale cavalry Vale banners, etc 

Stormland heavy Knights - The helmet they use should be removed from the mod it is too small, probaly the wrost looking helmet in the entire mod. I would just give them a great helmet which still makes them look a little rough.

House Forrester - It would be cool if that was one of the banners that could be picked by the player.

Unique troops - If these ever come back it will be awesome, I miss my Raventree archers.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847115044

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847117103

love the mod but i think you miss some armor…(no powerdraw -)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/776229778092052028/B7B024F3F40457FA28B0FA03F6E64CC83C012593/

with  the - Powerdraw

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/776229778092051484/6EC6FB84F25E83BF871FC743397AAA4FD9DD112E/

the same with out

mfg Marbod

Hi guys, I just got 7.1 and I'm loving it so far. I had a problem after I took a castle as a vassal of the Westerlands though. When I took Harrenhall from the North, I had the option to request that the castle be awarded to me. When I tried clicking it, nothing would happen. So I clicked the other option, and nothing would happen either. I had to force quit to get out of that screen. This happened again when I took Hayford from the Reach. Ya'll have any ideas for how to fix that?

Nope , it just happens. ( this specific crash happened to me 3 times only , however )

This and after big sieges ( 400 + enemies in the walled fief ) it crashes too ( money pling pling loop )

Other observations:

The brother quest is safe if done immediately at the beginning, even before meeting the septon in Weeping Town for the "New Beginning" - no Jamie Lannister bug in 10 out of 10.

Essos is a mess to battle - all units the same , me fielding sellswords and enemy having exactly the same troops, same colours. No heraldry , big mess on the field.

Engineer skill doesn t make sense to push. Few useless fief improvements in the game, siege time reduces just slightly between min and max Engineering, random events can take off up to 30% of your troops whilst waiting for the assault  ( fire event ). AI is much quicker in sieges. That means that AI can rush your assets whilst you wait for your siege tower / ladder to be finished ( nevermind engineer skills ).

When giving troops to one of your lords, relation jumps in proportion to quantity? ( doesn t look like it s quality) Unsure whether this is working as designed.

Some Questions:

Captured lords can t be recruited via dialogue?

Is autoresolve battles working? Just having a high delta to loose highest tier troops to finish off 1 skirmisher etc ( record was 1 Heavy Knight, 1 Knight and 2 Two Hand Swordsmen in a 250 High Tier mixed army vs 1 lumpy skirmisher battle) so unwilling to try on a larger scale.

However enjoing playing this mod , many thanks for all the efforts put in.

Rgds,

Hi Guys

I had a issue in my gameplay. I was not vassal to any fraction and i found castle with only 95 defenders (recently taken over by Volantis from Lys) I tried to siege a castle with my 120mens. It takes 26 hours to prepare ladders for attack. But after some time the message occurred "Castle XY is not longer under siege". Again siege the castle -> prepare ladders -> Castle no longer under siege (Seems siege was somehow interrupted). So I run over map and found another castle with only few garrison. Again the same - Castle no longer under siege.

OK I try to another way. Joined Norths as vassal allowed me to rise a party for 175 mens. Castle of Cerwyn was taken by Ironmans. I waited till retreated. SO garrison 120 men my party 175. I besieged the castle, defenders reject to surrender so I started to prepare ladders for assault (26hours). And again after 15-20 hours Castle Cerwyn no longer under siege. So another try besiege the castle -> prepare ladders for assault (26 hours) -> Castle Cerwyn no longer under siege(red message) .

What is wrong? If I cannot siege towns it makes no sense to play anymore (200 game days already). Anybody has the same issue? Is there any hidden condition to be able to take town for my self to start own kingdom?

This issue was not reported by anyone as far as I recall.
Are you clicking around when sieging?
Or were there any "events" firing during those 10-15 hours? It is posssible to click on something in event's dialogues AND also have that click counted for moving the party away.

I was very careful to not click anything. Few times another enemy party travel nearby so siege was interrupted (in this case i agree). But i tried the siege aprox 5 cities and none successful not even allow me launch/join assault - just interrupted during ladder preparation. Weird

Some  observations ref changelog 7.1 and bugs

„Player“ now appears as farmer party

Wights still have spears and / or shields

Some missing textures in Siege Environment in Essos , Ramps to move up / Down the Walls Not visible, nur they are there

Rhyona Siege Environment 1 big  tree before the gate, a lot of AI Troops get stuck behind

Reds,

Hey there, having a lot of fun with this mod but recently, as I've finally decided to start my own kingdom, I've encountered a problem. Basically, I can't figure out how to actually rebel against the leader of my faction. Tried to use the old method from vanilla where you basically conquer fief after fief while requesting it to be rewarded to you, and when he decides to give it to someone else, you get the option to renounce your allegiance while keeping your fiefs. That's how I remembered it but when I try that in ACoK, I just don't get the option to rebel.

So, am I doing something wrong or does it take a certain amount of time for the option to appear? Thanks in advance!

Bloodraven said:
Hey there, having a lot of fun with this mod but recently, as I've finally decided to start my own kingdom, I've encountered a problem. Basically, I can't figure out how to actually rebel against the leader of my faction. Tried to use the old method from vanilla where you basically conquer fief after fief while requesting it to be rewarded to you, and when he decides to give it to someone else, you get the option to renounce your allegiance while keeping your fiefs. That's how I remembered it but when I try that in ACoK, I just don't get the option to rebel.

So, am I doing something wrong or does it take a certain amount of time for the option to appear? Thanks in advance!

What do you mean, the fiefs are always awarded to you? Maybe your faction leader likes you too much, eh? And you can rebel through a dialogue with your faction leader.

Sergio_Morozov said:
What do you mean, the fiefs are always awarded to you? Maybe your faction leader likes you too much, eh? And you can rebel through a dialogue with your faction leader.

No, they are not always awarded to me. That's not the issue. After 2 or 3 fiefs that I've captured and got as a reward, he will eventually decide to give it to someone else. Just as desired. But what's missing now is the option I remember from Warband: that he offers some amount of money as compensation instead of the fief and the option to deny that and instead start a rebellion - resulting in starting your own faction while being able to keep all the fiefs in your possession at that time. I think it said something like "You have been wronged-Defect and keep the castle for yourself."

And now I'm wondering if that option is even in the mod or if it's different than I remember.

Do you not get the letter event at all? If so, make sure you don't request another castle until your first request has already been responded to - there can only be one active request at a time, and requesting a new one will overwrite the old one.

Evvv said:
Do you not get the letter event at all? If so, make sure you don't request another castle until your first request has already been responded to - there can only be one active request at a time, and requesting a new one will overwrite the old one.

Ah, that might be the issue. I never got the letter where he tries to appease you with some words and money - just the regular text message saying that he gave it to somebody else. And yes, I've been pretty much just conquering one fief after the other without much down-time inbetween. I didn't know that you should wait until he makes a decision before conquering the next one.

Well, gonna try that, thanks!

2 quick questions, just started playing.

1) is there an updated troop tree as the wiki says 6.0

2) Knight. If i am the son of a knight, am I a knight? Or is the only way to be a knight to join the army of a lord or become a lord? I havent seen a "knighting" mechanic and i wasnt sure if there is an actual mechanic for it or if it's just head canon thing.

Thanks!

Amazing mod, got my two friends to buy Warband just to try this mod out!

Now that I was able to start my own kingdom (thanks to Evvv), I wanted to try to persuade some lords to join me. Doesn't the feature from Diplomacy exist in ACoK where you can send one of your companions with a high persuasion skill to a lord? Because I can't for the life of me find the option in the dialogues with my staff members (IIRC it used to be the chancellor where you could do that).

Back
Top Bottom