SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikolai Alexandre said:
Who needs upgrade trees?  Full cavalry army ftw...

edit: also fix the lack of beards due to the helmet issue p10x

Is there anyone who will actually answer me? I'd really appreciate it if I could have all the trees laid out for me.

Hey, i would like to ask about invasion:
Targaryen invasion. I tried to find information on the internet but i couldn't. So when Targaryens are invading Westeros? Can i join them? Or they're just super bandit spawn?

And another question: I'd like to join Dorne now, but i don't like the fact they're at peace since the start of the game. Can i force them to join war? It's day 191, and all conflicts looks like in the books. Does the AI can declare war or its all scripted?

Doing the quest for the Horn (and Necklace), this happened:
I had to talk to Vargo Hoat in Harrenhall for the horn. He says he gave it to a guy in Duskendale, and at the same time he marches out with a huge party out of Harrenhall (Champion Companions or something). At that point I had to go away for a while to fight some lords, and when I came back I kind of forgot that I had to talk to the dude in Duskendale. So I destroyed Vargo Hoat first, then went to Duskendale. There I talk to that dude, and he presents me with this riddle that I appearently got wrong, and then the quest is just over. No reward, nothing. Can I do it again or something? Should I not have defeated Vargo Hoat first? Can't find anything about a riddle on here, I want the reward for that quest :sad:

You have to get the riddle correct. So if you have an old save you can try again if not I pretty sure you cant do it again or else there would be no point in asking you to solve a riddle  :smile:

Weldred said:
Hey, i would like to ask about invasion:
Targaryen invasion. I tried to find information on the internet but i couldn't. So when Targaryens are invading Westeros? Can i join them? Or they're just super bandit spawn?

And another question: I'd like to join Dorne now, but i don't like the fact they're at peace since the start of the game. Can i force them to join war? It's day 191, and all conflicts looks like in the books. Does the AI can declare war or its all scripted?
they come around 300 days in as a new faction you van join up with them if to. as for dorne you need to join up with them and convi.ce pri.ce obraron to go to war , although some lord will give you a quest saying this peace with (this faction) ill suits me . which means they want you to start on another faction through attacking and provocing them into a war :smile:

Cozur, great mod.

Couple ideas if you want them, if not, disregard (the stuff spoilered out is specifically related to the books) -

Recruit-able Northern Mountain Clansmen, either another line in the North's troop types, two handed swordsmen, or a mini-line from one village North of the Wolfswood;

Slave infantry from Volantis, the last of which's line would be Tiger Guards;

Brave Companion diversification - zorse (zebra) riding Qohorik lancers, feathered archers from the Summer Isles (also with the Golden Co.), colored bearded Tyroshi light-swordsmen (also recruited at Tyrosh), Dothraki, etc. and could all not only be associated with the one quest, but found raiding around Harrenhal with the stock parties of Westerosi raiders, since that's what Hoat's foraging parties did;

Pit Fighter infantry from Meereen, tiny shield; light/no armor; very quick; armed with tridents, arakhs, spears, short swords;
Danaerys did let those who wanted to sell themselves become slaves again, and would give the player a reason to visit Daznak's Pit.

More banners?  Not a lot of diversity there, since only the sign of the Seven and a tree are available for religious symbols (other than the cross, which is still in there several times) - possibly a simple black-white scheme, sea blue field with a seaweed covered green face for the Drowned God, black goat, red flame on a field of black for R'hllor, and is it possible to make companion standards available for players, since the skull Caul gets when raised to lordship is more bad than any of the available options (since I personally think of it as blasphemy to take the three headed dragon as my sign);

Other small aesthetic issues - more diverse hair/eye colors (Valyrian features not just for Targaryens but all Lyseni, colored hair and beards for Tyroshi, chips of dirty ice for Bolton eyes) height (bit of a napoleonic complex comes up just by talking to Theon Greyjoy...), weight (fat suits?), more audacious helmets for the Free Cities (Tyroshi smiths were renowned for making fantastical designs, half helms aren't very fantastic), and most of the women at feasts have the same exact faces (incest is a common theme in ASOIAF, but not for all Westerosi);

Possible NPCs - Walder Frey hanging out at the Twins fondling a teenager; Wyman Manderly in his Merman Hall, fat as hell, with a feast set out before him; Doran Martell in his wheelchair either at Sunspear, or you could add the Water Gardens as a lore location and possible quest starting point to involve Dorne a bit more; Robin Arryn, either on the teat or comatose, at the Eyrie; the Widow of the Waterfront at the tavern in Volantis;

Quests - Brotherhood without Banners, could meet various characters all over the map to track down Beric and Thoros, as Arya and the outlaws did (Acorn Hall, Stoney Sept, High Heart, etc.); Widow of the Waterfront - take supplies to the Sorrows, fight stone men; the Gift - take a mission from Bravos to Old Town to kill a certain pathetic novice at the Citadel; I don't know about the game mechanics if it would be possible, but to get quests from one village elder to plunder another village because of blood feuds (ruin relations with one but immensely increase with the other), or else Bracken-Blackwood feud, raid one or the other for the other while they're allied; possibly another quest to include Meereen and Ser Baristan from Doran Martell, to check on his "deal," spy out the situation before he sends Toad, get attacked by pirates or super-slavers or monsters from Mantarys or Silence on the way there or back;

Just some ideas for you since I've started reading this forum and realize many of the people who post here don't read the books.  I've also read enough to realize how busy you are, so these are not orders, they're suggestions, ideas, and ways to keep you busy and us entertained until AWoW drops.

Solomon36 said:
  Are there any plans to change archery and crossbows? I don't mean making them op, but the drop on the arrows/bolts is not very fun. It makes you have to be a melee character and its also  not very realistic. I wanted to play a character like the archer that is in the brotherhood without banners and you just cant in this mod.  Love the mod dont get me wrong  but it seems like it would have more replay value if you could be a ranged character

Hi,

how abt. trying thrown weapons?

Rgds, Oldtimer

maroonmustachio said:
Cozur, great mod.

Couple ideas if you want them, if not, disregard (the stuff spoilered out is specifically related to the books) -

Recruit-able Northern Mountain Clansmen, either another line in the North's troop types, two handed swordsmen, or a mini-line from one village North of the Wolfswood;

Brave Companion diversification - zorse (zebra) riding Qohorik lancers, feathered archers from the Summer Isles (also with the Golden Co.), colored bearded Tyroshi light-swordsmen (also recruited at Tyrosh), Dothraki, etc. and could all not only be associated with the one quest, but found raiding around Harrenhal with the stock parties of Westerosi raiders, since that's what Hoat's foraging parties did;

Pit Fighter infantry from Meereen, tiny shield; light/no armor; very quick; armed with tridents, arakhs, spears, short swords;
Danaerys did let those who wanted to sell themselves become slaves again, and would give the player a reason to visit Daznak's Pit.

More banners?  Not a lot of diversity there, since only the sign of the Seven and a tree are available for religious symbols (other than the cross, which is still in there several times) - possibly a simple black-white scheme, sea blue field with a seaweed covered green face for the Drowned God, black goat, red flame on a field of black for R'hllor, and is it possible to make companion standards available for players, since the skull Caul gets when raised to lordship is more bad than any of the available options (since I personally think of it as blasphemy to take the three headed dragon as my sign);

Other small aesthetic issues - more diverse hair/eye colors (Valyrian features not just for Targaryens but all Lyseni, colored hair and beards for Tyroshi, chips of dirty ice for Bolton eyes) height (bit of a napoleonic complex comes up just by talking to Theon Greyjoy...), weight (fat suits?), more audacious helmets for the Free Cities (Tyroshi smiths were renowned for making fantastical designs, half helms aren't very fantastic), and most of the women at feasts have the same exact faces (incest is a common theme in ASOIAF, but not for all Westerosi);

Possible NPCs - Walder Frey hanging out at the Twins fondling a teenager; Wyman Manderly in his Merman Hall, fat as hell, with a feast set out before him; Doran Martell in his wheelchair either at Sunspear, or you could add the Water Gardens as a lore location and possible quest starting point to involve Dorne a bit more; Robin Arryn, either on the teat or comatose, at the Eyrie; the Widow of the Waterfront at the tavern in Volantis;

Quests - Brotherhood without Banners, could meet various characters all over the map to track down Beric and Thoros, as Arya and the outlaws did (Acorn Hall, Stoney Sept, High Heart, etc.); Widow of the Waterfront - take supplies to the Sorrows, fight stone men; the Gift - take a mission from Bravos to Old Town to kill a certain pathetic novice at the Citadel; I don't know about the game mechanics if it would be possible, but to get quests from one village elder to plunder another village because of blood feuds (ruin relations with one but immensely increase with the other), or else Bracken-Blackwood feud, raid one or the other for the other while they're allied; possibly another quest to include Meereen and Ser Baristan from Doran Martell, to check on his "deal," spy out the situation before he sends Toad, get attacked by pirates or super-slavers or monsters from Mantarys or Silence on the way there or back;

Just some ideas for you since I've started reading this forum and realize many of the people who post here don't read the books.  I've also read enough to realize how busy you are, so these are not orders, they're suggestions, ideas, and ways to keep you busy and us entertained until AWoW drops.

Will you make the required models and textures?

Cozur said:
maroonmustachio said:
Cozur, great mod.

Will you make the required models and textures?

Tell me what programs you're using for models and textures, how to send you the results, and yeah, I'd love to contribute with more than just words - since words are wind.

I have tried thrown weapons old timer, but that still does not change anything I said in my previous post (about wanting to use bows and crossbows for a character idea but not being able to)

Solomon36 said:
You have to get the riddle correct. So if you have an old save you can try again if not I pretty sure you cant do it again or else there would be no point in asking you to solve a riddle  :smile:
Lol, no I don't have an old save because I play with the "no quitting without saving" stuff. Can't deny I'm kinda mad now, anyway nice to see a game that still punishes you for screwing up  :mrgreen:

It was late at night, I was tired, I had music on, so I really couldn't comprehend anything that dude said, and I was like "meh I'm just gonna guess" lol. Can't believe there is no more raging about that riddle in the forum, was it really that easy?  :oops:

Solomon36 said:
I have tried thrown weapons old timer, but that still does not change anything I said in my previous post (about wanting to use bows and crossbows for a character idea but not being able to)

Try traveling around to different cities. You can find Arrows/bolts for sale in certain ones. Don't have to wait on drops from loot.

I can't honestly remember which ones tend to have them right now, feel like you might have better luck in Essos for them. But they are out there.

Mithras said:
Solomon36 said:
Lol, no I don't have an old save because I play with the "no quitting without saving" stuff. Can't deny I'm kinda mad now, anyway nice to see a game that still punishes you for screwing up  :mrgreen:

It was late at night, I was tired, I had music on, so I really couldn't comprehend anything that dude said, and I was like "meh I'm just gonna guess" lol. Can't believe there is no more raging about that riddle in the forum, was it really that easy?  :oops:

I'm actually surprised that more people don't complain either, but I guess most play with saves enabled.

But yeah, the riddle is super ****ing easy.

maroonmustachio said:
Cozur, great mod.

i like the sound of your troop ideas especially the Tiger guard im sure they will look bad ass! would be cool to maybe see some bravos swaggering about in your army too

Cozur, in custom made villages the guy who you appoint to manage your fief(not village elder) sometimes stands deep in the water or you cannot find him at all. It looks like they're standing in native's coordinates.

Chezwa said:
Solomon36 said:

Try traveling around to different cities. You can find Arrows/bolts for sale in certain ones. Don't have to wait on drops from loot.

I can't honestly remember which ones tend to have them right now, feel like you might have better luck in Essos for them. But they are out there.

I know where to get bows and crossbows I am saying that bows and crossbows suck  read my previous post the one old timer replied to.

Solomon36 said:
Chezwa said:
Solomon36 said:

I know where to get bows and crossbows I am saying that bows and crossbows suck  read my previous post the one old timer replied to.
the bows seem fine to me you cant snipe with them from massive distances but i still find that i can thin out groups of enemies and hold them at bay during seiges

During a siege they just sit there and wait for you to shoot them  I can hit people with the current system  it just flawed and not realistic I never said it was impossible to hit anyone.  Did any of you even read what I said?  Acting like the system is fine just because you CAN shoot people doesn't mean it couldn't be better. 

Fact: Bow/Crossbow drop off point is far to soon to be inline with real life bow/crossbows(I have a toy/small crossbow and it goes pretty far in a straight line)

Fact: It would be more fun if you didn't have to aim 6 feet above your target to hit them(280 skill currently)

Fact: It also doesnt follow The Game of Thrones theme or how bow/crossbows are in the show or in the books(ive seen all the show and read all the books)

:::Anguy, called Anguy the Archer, a skilled young bowman from the Dornish Marches who won the archery competition at the Eddard Stark's elevation to Hand of the King Tourney  This guy in the books and the show you cant even come close to what he can do in this game and I would like to::::

Back
Top Bottom