SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Solomon36 said:
  During a siege they just sit there and wait for you to shoot them  I can hit people with the current system  it just flawed and not realistic I never said it was impossible to hit anyone.  Did any of you even read what I said?  Acting like the system is fine just because you CAN shoot people doesn't mean it couldn't be better. 

Fact: Bow/Crossbow drop off point is far to soon to be inline with real life bow/crossbows(I have a toy/small crossbow and it goes pretty far in a straight line)

Fact: It would be more fun if you didn't have to aim 6 feet above your target to hit them(280 skill currently)

Fact: It also doesnt follow The Game of Thrones theme or how bow/crossbows are in the show or in the books(ive seen all the show and read all the books)

:::Anguy, called Anguy the Archer, a skilled young bowman from the Dornish Marches who won the archery competition at the Eddard Stark's elevation to Hand of the King Tourney  This guy in the books and the show you cant even come close to what he can do in this game and I would like to::::

Have you tried throwing weapons?

Solomon36 said:
  During a siege they just sit there and wait for you to shoot them  I can hit people with the current system  it just flawed and not realistic I never said it was impossible to hit anyone.  Did any of you even read what I said?  Acting like the system is fine just because you CAN shoot people doesn't mean it couldn't be better. 

Fact: Bow/Crossbow drop off point is far to soon to be inline with real life bow/crossbows(I have a toy/small crossbow and it goes pretty far in a straight line)

Fact: It would be more fun if you didn't have to aim 6 feet above your target to hit them(280 skill currently)

Fact: It also doesnt follow The Game of Thrones theme or how bow/crossbows are in the show or in the books(ive seen all the show and read all the books)

:::Anguy, called Anguy the Archer, a skilled young bowman from the Dornish Marches who won the archery competition at the Eddard Stark's elevation to Hand of the King Tourney  This guy in the books and the show you cant even come close to what he can do in this game and I would like to::::
it would be cool to be skilled with a bow like Anguy or Sphinx the acolyte from old town but i guess it would be harder to balance bows without making armour tougher. id like to see some of the other types of bows from the books like the golden heart wood bows from the summer isle, the weirwood bows of the wildlings and the dragon bone bows

Hey guys so'm doing the horn and necklace quest right now but since I fight for the North we already captured Harrenhall so I can't find Vargo Hoat. Does anyone know where he can be find in this situation or would I have to some how wait till harrenhall is given back to the Westerlanders?

rasgen said:
Hey guys so'm doing the horn and necklace quest right now but since I fight for the North we already captured Harrenhall so I can't find Vargo Hoat. Does anyone know where he can be find in this situation or would I have to some how wait till harrenhall is given back to the Westerlanders?

The Westerlands needs to own harrenhal, I'm not sure what will happen if they take it back, if he will appear or not but its worth a shot

pretty sure i asked this a while back but is there any way to have children with your wife in the current game and if not will there be that possibility in the future as well as killing off some lords instead of just exiling them.

Azsouth said:
pretty sure i asked this a while back but is there any way to have children with your wife in the current game and if not will there be that possibility in the future as well as killing off some lords instead of just exiling them.

No there is no way to have children and I doubt it will be added. It is a great idea but the time it would take to put in would not be worthwhile when there are so many other things to add. As for killing lords another good idea and maybe not as hard to put in, have to wait to see what the big boss man has to say about that.

Azsouth said:
having children just wouldnt work having to wait 9 months in game just for them to be born and the having to wait several years before they can do anything other than you  possibly wedding them off to another lords child to form an alliance or something. and if they put in an ages feature for children surely they would have to add on to your character which would could spoil the game if you have to ride into battle but your to old and frail to fight. killing lords could be usefull though

chunder_bot said:
Azsouth said:
having children just wouldnt work having to wait 9 months in game just for them to be born and the having to wait several years before they can do anything other than you  possibly wedding them off to another lords child to form an alliance or something. and if they put in an ages feature for children surely they would have to add on to your character which would could spoil the game if you have to ride into battle but your to old and frail to fight. killing lords could be usefull though

They could be the twilight version of half vampire half human where they grow to be 17 years old in a short span of time.  :wink: It'd make sense and be a way to repopulate if lords die. Sure it wouldn't be 100% logical but it'd be a neat system that could be worked on/edited if a child system was put in place.

Just births would be ok. If not too many children so it wouldn't become overpopulated...
Births + kills would be great.
Just killing lords - terrible! I mean, just the user alone would probably kill several lords a month, and how many would die in other combats? What would be the purpose, be the last lord on the map after a year?

Lord Dora said:
Just births would be ok. If not too many children so it wouldn't become overpopulated...
Just killing lords - terrible! I mean, just the user alone would probably kill several lords a month, and how many would die in other combats? What would be the purpose, be the last lord on the map after a year?

Hi,

abt. killing lords/companions it`s all abt. a probability coefficient. It works swell in"The Last Days" mod for M&B and I see no reason for such a mechanics not working in ASOIAF.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Lord Dora said:
I don't know that mod. How often does a lord die?

Right now the lords, the player hisself and the special "companions" he can recruit can't die but only fall unconscious. After doing so they can get captured, held in prison and be kept there/ransomed.

I'd also like to be able to kill lords, but it shouldn't be possible on the battlefield. You should have to kill everyone by hisself, but balancing-wise you should get a huge amount of dishonor, perhaps even a loss of renown. Like the higher the lord, the bigger the honor/renown loss...

Agrippa91 said:
Lord Dora said:

Right now the lords, the player hisself and the special "companions" he can recruit can't die but only fall unconscious. After doing so they can get captured, held in prison and be kept there/ransomed.

I'd also like to be able to kill lords, but it shouldn't be possible on the battlefield. You should have to kill everyone by hisself, but balancing-wise you should get a huge amount of dishonor, perhaps even a loss of renown. Like the higher the lord, the bigger the honor/renown loss...

Oooops I forgot to quote oldtimer. I was thinking of the last days

Agrippa91 said:
Lord Dora said:

like rob stark when he has to execute Rickard Karstark 

Lord Dora said:
yea if the two were related then it would probably work but your comment of not over populating just made me think of walder frey, it would be good fore the lore of the books if he was sprogging children left right and centre

chunder_bot said:
Lord Dora said:
yea if the two were related then it would probably work but your comment of not over populating just made me think of walder frey, it would be good fore the lore of the books if he was sprogging children left right and centre

Umm I don't mean that :smile: I'm thinking after long long long hours of playing - it wouldn't be just the Frey family, the problem would be a 1000 lords and wives that would probably just make the game too laggy to play.

Cozur can still make 20 Freys wander the map but I personally wouldn't be too pleased..
Nobody really likes Freys...
...Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived he would have grown up to be a Frey.
-Wyman Manderly

Lord Dora said:
Nobody really likes Freys...
...Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived he would have grown up to be a Frey.
-Wyman Manderly

One of the best quotes in the series.

As for deaths. I think an option to execute enemy lords that you have captured would add a lot to the mod.

Brytenwalda did it IIRC. So its obviously possible.

Whether or not Cozur wants to add it is a different story, but the world of ASOIAF is one where PLENTY of nobles get executed. It just doesn't feel whole without the threat of beheading.

Help, i just installed the mod.
Played it for a bit, i started by joining some random lord, it was really boring as all he did was patrolling for 20 min...
So i left him and went on my own.
Now im level 8 with a quad of 27 troops, most of which are trained.
I have 4000 gold, using 1h weapon + shield, and spear while horse riding.
both my 1h and pole arm skills are above 100.

So anyways i wanted to gain some honor, so i went North to join winterfell.
I couldn't find any Starks, so i joined some random North lord.
Yet again, for 20 min he just ran around patrolling.
I then contacted him, asking what his plans, he said:
"I cant follow the Marshals orders, because i cant find the main army" or something like that.

WTF? is my game broken?

Back
Top Bottom