SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kenngp said:
I'm having trouble with the lords and companions. I've seen this asked several time, but never an answer given. Getting other lords to join your faction doesn't seem to work. Is the mod made that way, or do you just have to work a lot harder? In addition, if I make one of my companions a lord, his equipment changes to something completely different (and almost always worse) than what I had him equipped with. That never happened to me in vanilla. Is that unique to this mod to keep potential companion lords from being too good? Is there a list of what companions are good "lord" material and which aren't? Many of them say their knights or lords, but, when I grant them a fief, the other lords say they aren't worthy and I loose favor with them. Also several of the lords skills don't seem to make sense with what they say they are.

Bringing lords over from an established faction to a new faction would obviously be difficult. What you need to do is capture fiefs, have a strong military, have high relations with the lord, and target a lord who has low relations with his king. Also, ofc, right to rule. If you're annoyed at having to do all that, then just get your relation up really high, capture the lord and then ask him to join you in the prisoner dialogue. If you're doing this for a newer kingdom against a strong one, the relation required would probably be north of 60 or so (I don't remember the exact formula but it's here somewhere).

Companion lords... I've never seen them switch equipment, so I'm not sure what's happening there. Check the companion page on the wiki, it has a list of good companions. When lords say they aren't worthy, that means you gave a commoner lordship - that tends to annoy the nobility. Good companion lords have upstanding, good natured or martial personalities and noble background - the better ones also have useful household troops.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Is it possible to edit the composition of NPC lord parties?
You can give them soldiers but not take soldiers back. Also the companions tend to recruit soldiers of where they used to live. One of my lords armies consists of only Tyroshi soldiers because the lord is Tyroshi himself.

Fasty said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
You can give them soldiers but not take soldiers back. Also the companions tend to recruit soldiers of where they used to live. One of my lords armies consists of only Tyroshi soldiers because the lord is Tyroshi himself.
I more meant, editing game files to give NPC lords a different army composition/bigger armies.

ronamjack said:
Cozur said:
The fact is, though, that the last update to DX7 was released in 2000. That's thirteen years ago. You can't expect to use it, and then not run into problems. I've made it very clear, in the introduction to A Clash of Kings, that you need a powerful computer to run the mod. A computer with software from 2000 is not a powerful computer.

Fair enough, but this isn't exactly a performance issue.  My computer runs Source engine games at full settings and Oblivion at medium - these are DX9 games through and through.  M&B is taxing in other ways so I prefer to keep the frame rate high in large battles by using DX7 (Why was DX8 never even available??) I'm not a modder and I don't understand exactly how a mod is put together but is there not a way around this somehow?  No other mods have this problem that I know of, I'm just interested why it's just this one and if there's a simple way of fixing it.

You do realize how demanding the mod is? Absolutely everything is altered. Even a high end PCs can get low framerates.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Fasty said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
I more meant, editing game files to give NPC lords a different army composition/bigger armies.

IIRC you can edit party templates with Morgh, but I don't know if that's entirely stable. Never used the feature myself. I think it might also require a new game?

Moridin said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
Fasty said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

IIRC you can edit party templates with Morgh, but I don't know if that's entirely stable. Never used the feature myself. I think it might also require a new game?
The thing is, the IDs for the NPC parties don't seem to be listed in the party_templates. For example, Tywin's party ID is 524, but the list only goes to like 509.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Moridin said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
Fasty said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

The thing is, the IDs for the NPC parties don't seem to be listed in the party_templates. For example, Tywin's party ID is 524, but the list only goes to like 509.

Forget linking unit IDs to party IDs. That's not how the system works. Assuming Tywin has no unique troops(can't check now), he's probably among the kingdom reinforcements somewhere. If he does have some unique troops, his template will probably be named accordingly. Check the template names to figure it out.

Edit: To clarify, the system doesn't have set reinforcement templates for every single NPC listed. What it does have is a set of stock values the various lords use, and then you can assign any lord with unique troops to a custom template - much more efficient. That's my understanding of how it works, if it's wrong hopefully someone will clarify.

Moridin said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
Moridin said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
Fasty said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

Forget linking unit IDs to party IDs. That's not how the system works. Assuming Tywin has no unique troops(can't check now), he's probably among the kingdom reinforcements somewhere. If he does have some unique troops, his template will probably be named accordingly. Check the template names to figure it out.

Edit: To clarify, the system doesn't have set reinforcement templates for every single NPC listed. What it does have is a set of stock values the various lords use, and then you can assign any lord with unique troops to a custom template - much more efficient. That's my understanding of how it works, if it's wrong hopefully someone will clarify.
I checked through the reinforcements but all of them had like 6 troops in them. Those don't seem to be the AI lord parties.

o0LuNeStA0o said:
Anyone else been finding bandit groups that are 1000+ strong? :O

IIRC this happens if you go beyond level 63 - the number loops into a crazy high level, and that has repercussions on things that are level-based, like this. If you think that's bad, wait till you see the bandit infestation :S

Cozur said:
o0LuNeStA0o said:
Anyone else been finding bandit groups that are 1000+ strong? :O

Don't use cheats.
The Robber Knights in my current game have 992 troops and about 350 prisoners (no joke, I swear). I of course just avoid them and let the Lanisters get gobbled up by them once in a while :razz:

Otherwise, Outlaws and Raiders have small parties of about 15 to 20 and Honorable Men are often around 50 to 60, one of which has 300+ prisoners.

My only beef is with how NPC lords come back with 90 to 100 troops in less than two days though we captured all their villages and their whole faction only has two castles left. They are not grabbing castle troops (as they remain around 800), so I'm guessing they have programmed reinforcements. [They = Ironborn. I'm playing Northern vassal]

nb: I don't use cheats. EDIT: I'm level 27 I believe.

I have not used cheats. I don't even know any cheats for mount and blade, doing so takes away the fun anyway.

As for player level, I was only like level 16 at best.

Edit: Seighfryd, it may have been a group of "Robber Knights". They also had a couple hundred prisoners and were roaming around the riverlands.

I tried searching for "standing still", and "don't move" but could not find an answer so here goes.
Against groups of 90+, the enemy AI just stand there in 2 lines. I would like to know if there is a way to fix it.

Seighfryd said:
The Robber Knights in my current game have 992 troops and about 350 prisoners (no joke, I swear). I of course just avoid them and let the Lanisters get gobbled up by them once in a while :razz:

I've been screwing with lanisters left and right. Then run into Tywin's army. 600+ men. *back the other way we go*. Lvl26 atm and in my new game only have about 70 troops.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
I checked through the reinforcements but all of them had like 6 troops in them. Those don't seem to be the AI lord parties.
That is how it should be. IIRC In native, reinforcements a are the weakest, reinforcements b are medium tier, reinforcements c are the elite troops so they have less.

Don't add too many troops to the reinforcement templates (like 200) or that would cause the faction you modified to have hordes of troops. I would explain more but I'm on my phone so I'm too lazy to,

Something unusual said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:
That is how it should be. IIRC In native, reinforcements a are the weakest, reinforcements b are medium tier, reinforcements c are the elite troops so they have less.

Don't add too many troops to the reinforcement templates (like 200) or that would cause the faction you modified to have hordes of troops. I would explain more but I'm on my phone so I'm too lazy to,
How do I know which reinforcement template is tied to which AI lord?

o0LuNeStA0o said:
I have not used cheats. I don't even know any cheats for mount and blade, doing so takes away the fun anyway.

As for player level, I was only like level 16 at best.

Edit: Seighfryd, it may have been a group of "Robber Knights". They also had a couple hundred prisoners and were roaming around the riverlands.

In that case, it's probably a simple case of the bandits getting lucky. They probably ran into a weak party (maybe one just out of a fight) with a huge prisoner train. When one AI party defeats another, they recruit all the prisoners, so the bandits got all those prisoners as troops. Then that probably helped them snowball into a large army. I wouldn't worry about them too much, they tend to get very slow. As long as you pay attention to your surroundings you should be fine.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
Something unusual said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

How do I know which reinforcement template is tied to which AI lord?

If they don't have any unique troops, then they simply use the template linked to their kingdom. Check the troops in the template to see which kingdom it is associated with.

Moridin is correct. The three kingdom reinforcement templates are all part of a lord's template for that kingdom. There isn't a specific party template for every single lord, that would take 80+ party templates.
So kingdom_1_reinforcements_a in native would be the Native Swadian kingdom lord/caravan reinforcement templates. It's the most you can do without the Module System, you won't be able to edit individual lords (I think, I'm not sure as I have only used Morgh's editor a few times before).

Back
Top Bottom