OSP Kit Combat Form Ranks! - A formation kit[Version1.32][Minor update: multi bug fixes]

Users who are viewing this thread

sepa said:
Hey,

I created a battle group from some Lancers and Horsemen, but when I give them order to tactical charge (wedge formation) they just run to the edge of the screen, opposite to the enemy, and do nothing...

How often do you see this happen? Always?

Tried a couple of times, and always the same... It also happen when I had only main group, all on foot - wedge + tactical = lol.

And I'm getting the "I'm planning to raise a new battle command" and the "Our party has shrunk..." options to regular troops.
I sorta fixed it by adding:
Code:
(is_between, "$g_talk_troop", companions_begin, companions_end),

I've also had a bit of problems with the charging function. especially since you can't chose at which enemy battle you want your troops to charge, a charging phalanx is as likely to charge an enemy phalanx as it is to chase the wedge of horsmen running around the field, they just charge the nearest enemy. Also, if you use the normal charge setting (whether you have "Face enemy" or "free direction") they'll just charge to the end of the screen (through the enemy phalanx if you have "Face Enemy turned on) and keep running, and the next thing you know, your archers are being slaughtered by their phalanx, and you're scrambling to turn it around, and get it to run into the enemy.

Another thing, wouldn't it be better if all battles were set to "holding" in the beginning of the battle instead of "dismissed, charging"?

another thing, why do cavalry charges to so little? if I charge 10 knights into an enemy line in native, they kill between 5-15 enemies depending on how many there are, and how lucky the knights are with their strikes, now, when they're charging constantly for the whole battle, they're lucky if they get 5 every 4th charge, could it have something to do with knights always riding past the enemy formation instead of through it?

you've got some bugs in there foxyman, but so far, it's still excellent, it just needs some fine polishing.

Any body have done siege with the ranked party? I know that the formation rank trigger is not enabled in siege, but the main party's ranked already. Are the troops outside the main army considered as ally troops or ours?

Lumos said:
And I'm getting the "I'm planning to raise a new battle command" and the "Our party has shrunk..." options to regular troops.
I sorta fixed it by adding:
Code:
(is_between, "$g_talk_troop", companions_begin, companions_end),
I did in similar way :
Code:
(troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_occupation, slto_player_companion),

Lumos said:
No, I haven't done sieges, but I enabled the arrays in sieges, too.
..and in every battle mission template too, I guess

from foxyman:
@Meneldur:
I think I might know where the problem lies. The training exp of your side battles does not depend on your party's trainer skills, but the trainer skill of the companion commanding that battle. So try giving him some points on trainer and test again.
Tried that too now for 4or 7 nights:
have a high-level trainer-skill 8or 9 companion set him to be the array-leader.
He still trains main batlle but nothing happen for the untis in his array!

How can i install this with 1257 mod... I really don't know what I'm doing as I got this game 2 days ago.

ChrisserTheGreat said:
How can i install this with 1257 mod... I really don't know what I'm doing as I got this game 2 days ago.
1st, you need 1257 source code. Then all you have to do is search in every module_*.py from foxyman's module system, and copy paste all parts that marked by 'form rank begin ... Form rank end' and lines that commented by 'added by form rank'. And you must check module_constants.py, if there are slot number that 1257 mod already use.

Finally I found it!!  :shock:

About how to train arrays by array-leader:

The whole stuff is defined in the simple_triggers.

There is a  line: +frk_added_simple_triggers  #just at the bottom of the whole trigger_stuff who is not marked with a "Form Ranks" -finding-help!!!

The Display message is not cast for some wierd reason but it works like it should now!! :grin:
Time to praise foxymans name!!! 

Back
Top Bottom