OSP Kit Combat Form Ranks! - A formation kit[Version1.32][Minor update: multi bug fixes]

Users who are viewing this thread

Lumos said:
Foxyman, I have a question.
In 1.31, you used some witchery in script_game_start to set the default keys.
In 1.32, this is no longer there.
Could you tell me where it is now?
It's now in module_triggers.

Foxyman, I find 2 party spawning on mission templates :
                (set_spawn_radius, 5), 
                (spawn_around_party, main_party, "pt_none"),
                (assign, formation_vector, reg0),
                (disable_party, reg0),
                (assign, formation_temp_vector, reg0),
                (disable_party, reg0),
but I search on all py files, but I can't find
  (remove_party, formation_vector),
or
  (remove_party, formation_temp_vector),
Do I miss something, or disable_party did clear both parties already?

dunde said:
Foxyman, I find 2 party spawning on mission templates :
                (set_spawn_radius, 5), 
                (assign, formation_vector, reg0),
                (disable_party, reg0),
                (assign, formation_temp_vector, reg0),
                (disable_party, reg0),
but I search on all py files, but I can't find
  (remove_party, formation_vector),
or
  (remove_party, formation_temp_vector),
Do I miss something, or disable_party did clear both parties already?

Did you see that spawn? That must be my mistake. I have deleted them.

No, I never see them spawned. They're not spawned visualy, but I think we must remove them after the mission completed. I'm not sure about disable_party, do the operation make the party invisible on map only, or do clearing memory used for the party too. If it do memory clearing too, then there's no problem.

dunde said:
No, I never see them spawned. They're not spawned visualy, but I think we must remove them after the mission completed. I'm not sure about disable_party, do the operation make the party invisible on map only, or do clearing memory used for the party too. If it do memory clearing too, then there's no problem.

I mean if you see that spawn code, it's a mistake. I should have deleted those.
The parties are disabled, so they are meant to be invisible.

Ok, I got your point. So we must delete the spawning code from frk_mt_triggers, and make 2 disabled parties for them on module_parties.py then redefine formation_vector and formation_temp_vector on module_constants.py.
EDIT 1: My mistake. Your new version kit don't use both parties now, so we just can delete the spawning code safely.
EDIT 2: formation_temp_vector is still used.

The option of making squad leaders doesn't show up when i talk to one of my party members.

A formation. A battle array. This is a "rank".

[quote author=Foxyman, first post]
        Formulas: 
              main battle capacity =  player's leadership*3+renown/68+base(10)
          battle array capacity = NPC leader's tactics*2+NPC leader's intelligence+main battle capacity/battle array no.
                  (so 2 for veward battle, 3 for reaward battle, 4 for forth battle and so on... The last side battle would have the least capacity)
          max num of arrays(excluding main battle) = min{player's tactics -1, 8}
[/quote]

I don't understand that either... I need 68 renown? That doesn't really work because the ai has a huge advantage because it can use formations and i cant.

No!
[quote author=Foxyman, first post]
        Formulas: 
              main battle capacity =  player's leadership*3+renown/68+base(10)
          battle array capacity = NPC leader's tactics*2+NPC leader's intelligence+main battle capacity/battle array no.
                  (so 2 for veward battle, 3 for reaward battle, 4 for forth battle and so on... The last side battle would have the least capacity)
          max num of arrays(excluding main battle) = min{player's tactics -1, 8}
[/quote]
Traslated:
Main Battle (player's party) capacity = Player's leadership skill multiplied by 3 + player's renown divided by 68 + base party size (10 men)
Formation (Array) capacity = NPC leader's tactics skill multiplied by two + NPC leader's intelligence + Main Battle capacity divided by the number of the battle array  (so 2 for vaward battle, 3 for reaward battle, 4 for forth battle and so on... The last side battle would have the least capacity).

Get it?

I hate to say it.. but no... Because i am still unable to assign captains. The option is not there. I have 100 renown now from tournies.

Is this supposed to be used in conjection with other mod(s)? There are no other NPC talk options other than Move on and Tell me about yourself. I copied te natived folder into form ranks then isntalled form ranks.

ChrisserTheGreat said:
I don't understand that either... I need 68 renown? That doesn't really work because the ai has a huge advantage because it can use formations and i cant.

You need tactic level 2 for your first new battle. This refers to the "max no. of arrays" in the formula.

Hey, Foxyman...

Lumos said:
I planned to make it so you use only several keys, let's say:
  • Two keys for "Select Next/Previous Formation"
  • One key to switch formation types (Line, Phalanx, Wedge, Square)
  • (Possibly) One key for "(De)Select All Formations"

Can this be doable? And all the other keys are disabled? (Of course, the normal M&B butons work for the formations, I mean "Charge", "Follow", "Hold", etc.)
And one button for the UI.
So, can it be done?

Lumos said:
Hey, Foxyman...

Lumos said:
I planned to make it so you use only several keys, let's say:
  • Two keys for "Select Next/Previous Formation"
  • One key to switch formation types (Line, Phalanx, Wedge, Square)
  • (Possibly) One key for "(De)Select All Formations"

Can this be doable? And all the other keys are disabled? (Of course, the normal M&B butons work for the formations, I mean "Charge", "Follow", "Hold", etc.)
And one button for the UI.
So, can it be done?

Errr.. I don't get it. Don't I already have that "select next/previous formation" key? And what does "select all formations" mean?
And 1.32 already have this "slim default" where most over-specific function buttons are disabled, left only some commonly used ones.

foxyman, I think this guy has missed something in the 'camp' menu....

I trialled this though:  Added Chel's morale/cohesion script, and set the following triggers in your code:
when morale reaches status 'rout' trigger dismiss formation

when PLAYER only orders 'charge' trigger dismiss formation.

It's good.  the player has to stop and marshal forces after any charge (release from discipline), the AI can be routed - although I want to find a way of removing 'routed' agents from the edge of the battlefield and setting up a 'deserter' style party with them....

Amman de Stazia said:
foxyman, I think this guy has missed something in the 'camp' menu....

I trialled this though:  Added Chel's morale/cohesion script, and set the following triggers in your code:
when morale reaches status 'rout' trigger dismiss formation

when PLAYER only orders 'charge' trigger dismiss formation.

It's good.  the player has to stop and marshal forces after any charge (release from discipline), the AI can be routed - although I want to find a way of removing 'routed' agents from the edge of the battlefield and setting up a 'deserter' style party with them....

Jubal has tried to write morale code that works for Form Rank too.
I think there's no way to remove agents from scene.

well.....

you can inflict max damage to them, rendering them unconscious, but then you would automatically 'capture' them after the battle, I want them to break into small groups of fugitives.....

Back
Top Bottom