Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

Women complain about getting raped much more (which is actually not true, men are statistically 45% of rapes), and earning less (I still consider this argument unproven).

Now, what is proven is that when there is no pre-nuptial agreements, the woman gets 50% of the man's fortune.

I've never heard a feminist mention that rather important information.

#Maninism

MadVader said:
I don't see any anti-Trump rallies and the guy regularly offends groups of people, preaching to the bigots.

Which is actually pretty surprising. Perhaps people still aren't taking him seriously, or have no one to properly rally under yet.

TheVideoGameInn said:
Women complain about getting raped much more (which is actually not true, men are statistically 45% of rapes), and earning less (I still consider this argument unproven).

Now, what is proven is that when there is no pre-nuptial agreements, the woman gets 50% of the man's fortune.

I've never heard a feminist mention that rather important information.

#Maninism
Did your girlfriend dump you or were you raised to belittle women? Something made you post that crap.
I'd rather skip the actual arguments about issues since facts are not your thing, and get straight to the causes.

Women are far better treated that men in certain cases, and men far better treated than women in certain cases.

It's not really going to change, since any change to either side leads to violent riots.

Oh, and male rape victims are whiny *****es? What a nice thought. Call a female rape victim that and you'd be public enemy n°1.

MadVader said:
Sure, I had to be sarcastic at such optimistic overtones. If I were a feminist, I'd ask if we are all being reasonable now just to show how hysterical are feminist activists.
But seriously, I think confrontational attitude has its use in politics - it's used to rally the troops, not to win converts.

I'd agree, but I guess what I'm interested in or what I find strange, is that most highly ideological groups are interested in winning converts because that's how you affect change (i.e. you have to move the average person to support you).

I mean, I'd say I'm a feminist (equal rights yo), but I also don't think pissing off conservatives or religious people is going to bring us closer to an equal society (in regards to gender). It sucks, but most people are way to thin-skinned to learn from being critiqued or challenged outright.

No, I was being facetious with the hashtag. I already stated, I'm an egalitarian. See how the word feminism fills you with some weird pride, but maninism made you insult me?

Women aren't treated inequally at all. They just aren't.

You talk of facts. Everyone knows the wage gap is a total lie (like global warming). Next.

I'd say I'm a feminist (equal rights yo)

NO!

Let's clear this once and for all: if you support equal rights, you are an egalitarian. If you think women are and should be superior to men, you are a feminist.

Silly rant aside, I'd say the only valuable contribution you've made so far is that "facts" is a dumb word, just like "truth".

TheVideoGameInn said:
I'd say I'm a feminist (equal rights yo)

NO!

Let's clear this once and for all: if you support equal rights, you are an egalitarian. If you think women are and should be superior to men, you are a feminist.

Disagree, I find the original definition of feminism to be fine (i.e. equal rights, yo).

We could of course call it egalitarianism as well, but I don't really see the value of arguing definitions, when I've clarified what I mean when I use the word feminism.

Solid troll, comes across as sufficiently stupid without laying it on too hard. Occasionally over-provocative by dragging in two buzz word topics into one conversation, betraying his intentions and spoiling the sport. 7/10, would commence passionate Internet argument with before realizing what I'm doing ten minutes in.

Nordic Nerd Ninja

I'm not really sure what part of your posts were valid arguments.

Looking back, I fail to see any information that supports your many strong claims (i.e. you said "there is no inequality" and then simply leave it at that).

Read the page before.

There is no wage gap. There is no "rape gap". Women are physically inferior (boo hoo, suck it up).

I really don't see how feminism even exists anymore. There's no inequality (albeit biological)?

Please post some sources for these claims.

Surely, a man in possession of the truth like yourself bases his opinions on a number of good empirical studies and experiments?

Where is the valid part? You're still just saying:
TheVideoGameInn said:
"No you are wrong and I am right."

Did you go to school? You know how in school you need to provide a source for your claim? Yeah, that applies everywhere else as well. Right now every argument you have put forth is baseless.

Ulfninja'd

No need for sources, it's common sense.

The "wage gap" was found doing averages of men and women's jobs.

There was a gap between the two numbers obtained. But not because evil fat male jewish businessmen pay women less. No. It's because women have different, less dangerous jobs than men most of the time.

Thus lesser paid.

Thus a gap.

For rape victims gender proportions, you should be able to find it on the red cross. A tiny bit more than half are male (though they rarely speak up, giving more public attention to women)

TheVideoGameInn said:
No need for sources, it's common sense.
No. Common sense is claiming that there's a GMK conspiracy, or that the world is flat.

There's a number of problems with the wage gap claim. And there are studies that confront these. I think you'd do well with a little Google-fu.

Ulfninja'd

2+2=4. Prove it.

Now that you've gotten over the shock of the very basic reasoning most primates can achieve, look at the word average of ALL jobs. The jobs men and women do are vastly different. Thus, a pay gap.

If all men were teachers and all women were coal miners, the gap would be in favour of the women.

Back
Top Bottom