Diplomacy: Game 1, Traditional Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Infantry as a whole is more important especially since it became mechanized. Tanks can't dominate the way they did in WWI and WWII. Sure a tank vs an Infantry squad means no more infantry but a well supplied infantry platoon can easily take out a tank or too with little repercussion.

If you want to compare it to something else in WWI tanks were like knights and practically untouchable by the peasants (early knights), whereas now they are more like the specitly calvary of the Napleonic era which has a use but isn't going to just flow throw Infantry. Not to mention Infantry outnumber tanks.

Rifles matter a hell of a lot.

Trooper5445 said:
Infantry as a whole is more important especially since it became mechanized. Tanks can't dominate the way they did in WWI and WWII. Sure a tank vs an Infantry squad means no more infantry but a well supplied infantry platoon can easily take out a tank or too with little repercussion.

If you want to compare it to something else in WWI tanks were like knights and practically untouchable by the peasants (early knights), whereas now they are more like the specitly calvary of the Napleonic era which has a use but isn't going to just flow throw Infantry. Not to mention Infantry outnumber tanks.

Rifles matter a hell of a lot.

Sure, infantry can take out modern Main Battle Tanks, but only if they have modern anti-tank weapons (RPG-7's just don't cut it anymore) or IEDs. A dinky little rifle won't do anything to an Abrams.

Yes but my point being Tanks don't have the same domination they once did and so more and more conflict is Infantry conflict in which a rifle is the primary ingredient.

In addition one must point out that most current operations are of the Vietnam/Iraq nature. There aren't many "standard" conflicts these days between major powers. So you don't even know who your enemy is and they most certainly do not have tanks. So the Rifle become even more key in modern operations.

Deadline has cometh. Now who is the lazy **** who isn't sending in his move?

Time's up (finally)? Now we get to laugh at whoever didn't make a move.

Don't take so long next time. Also, according to my clock, you missed Gculk's two-hour deadline :razz:.

Ah, oops. I forgot my taleworlds clock is 1 hour faster than my computer clock. Still, wtf took you so long? It's just the first move, it's not rocket science. Great Britain in particular has only a few sets of good moves available, and has little to no risk of being invaded.

ngf1901mjx5.jpg

England:
F (Edi) -> NTH
F (Lon) -> Eng. Channel
A (Liv) -> Wales

Germany:
Army Munich -> Ruhr
Army Berlin -> Kiel
Fleet Kiel -> Holland.

Turkey:
A Constantinople to Bulgaria
A Smyrna to Constantinople
Fleet Ankara to Black Sea

Italy:
Army Venezia moves to Piemonte
Army Roma moves to Venezia
Fleet Napoli moves to the Tyrhennian Sea

Russia:
- Moskva move to the Ukraine.
- Saint-Petersburg to Gulf of Bothnia
- Warsaw hold.
- Stevastopol hold.

France:
Fleet Brest to the Mid Atlantic
Army Marseilles to Spain
Army Paris to Burgundy

Austria:
Budapest-> Serbia
Army Vienna supports Fleet Trieste Hold.
(Why on earth, I don't know, but ok.)

Move orders due Thursday->  Extension due to confusion and lack of response.

This game is taking longer than I thought it would, so I am going to need a replacement, as I am going away for 2 weeks next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom