***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Does this roadmap represent your basic wants for Bannerlord?

• Yes

Votes: 387 86.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 13.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Auto-resolve, for example, has always been a dangerous way to resolve encounters in these games, and it should be. Even when I don't intend on participating I still don't auto-resolve, and when my health is below 20% I'm anxious about it specifically because getting caught means I am forced to auto-resolve.
I agree autoresolve should be disincentivized, but only a teeny tiny bit. After all, if autoresolve is so bad for the player that they never want to use it, why bother having it at all? Autoresolve should exist for battles the player knows they will win and would be bored to sit through, and in those situations, it shouldn't be returning nasty surprises like "10 looters killed, 4 T6 banner knights killed".
I actually really have no problem with this. Statistically speaking, a master would have difficulty facing three opponents, and especially three since it pretty well guarantees you are getting flanked. But you can go into the battle normally and apply some tactics to try and even those odds out. I definitely do not think a three on one should be a guaranteed win on auto-resolve, however. It shouldn't be a guaranteed loss, but yeah, you should be concerned if you throw that to the fates of auto-resolve.
I should clarify a bit. I disagree and agree with you here more than I've let on. I disagree with you in that I think a T5 unit should be able to take on *five* T1 units on average, not just three (which is the current system); but also, that it doesn't need to be totally deterministic.

Last edited:
armagan be like

"watch me"
generate

I've been thinking about this - what kind of pressure would get at Taleworlds? You could write petitions, threaten boycotts, nuke your forum account in protest, but it's inconsequential small beans. There's a sucker born every minute and demanding customers are a minority.
My conclusion is that keeping the negativity on their forums is the best pressure, even if it's sometimes unfair. No one likes protesters in their front yard and it doesn't look good for the company. Make memes, "X when?" threads and vent with cynical, but witty rants. They can't stay holed up forever.
So maybe this kind of mindset is one of the reason the "community" doesn't receive the expected feedback.
Negativity, agressivity and pressure do not look like a good basis for a constructive communication.

This post should be constantly commented as to keep it in the first page of the forum until the developers commit to it

So maybe this kind of mindset is one of the reason the "community" doesn't receive the expected feedback.
Negativity, agressivity and pressure do not look like a good basis for a constructive communication.

It is the only basis we got considering they refuse to address the issues.
Boycotting the game day 1 and trashing it on steam would have been a good way to make the sales plunge thus getting Taleworlds attention
But because of blind fanboys and todlers gamers who consider this as an amazing game whatever it's poor state, the rating of Bannerlord is really good on steam, thus Taleworlds can give absolutely no **** to the forum community when it comes to critics and solving the issues

Last edited:

Lol, yea I agree with your previous post. Hopefully a person thinking of buying the game gets dissuaded from buying after watching all the negative comments.

This kind of mindset from the community comes from TW outputting crap and **** product quality, not the other way around. Do your research.

You should know that constructive communication can only happen when the two parties involved have similar bargaining power. The history of consumers vs companies, labour vs capital, powerful country vs weak country, has proved it quite clearly.

Lol, yea I agree with your previous post. Hopefully a person thinking of buying the game gets dissuaded from buying after watching all the negative comments.

This kind of mindset from the community comes from TW outputting crap and **** product quality, not the other way around. Do your research.
Let's remember that Bannerlord both has great steam reviews - and good critics reviews... This community being upset because they want more content is not the end of the discussion.

Frankly it is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The community are upset because they don't feel they are heard. They get angry and don't leave good feedback. Taleworlds then don't listen to the feedback as it is not worth reading. The community are upset because they don't feel they are heard.....

You may well be right in saying Taleworlds are at fault and started the cycle; but this community still plays its part.

As much as a chump as it makes me I'd rather play the positive as it's the only way to break the cycle. Every sarcastic thread, insulting comment, rubbish jibe at Taleworlds just further cements the fact they shouldn't pay attention to us. The community has given up it's moral highground by throwing mud (understandable why they got to that stage) but it can't say Taleworlds should pay attention when half the comments are telling TW to go die.

I get people will say "We tried giving good feedback and it didn't work" - this is 100% true; but at least the community could hold its head high. Now this forum is the laughing stock of the M&B community. M&B streamers don't even comment on it anymore - they have all deleted their forum accounts. I hate that.. I really do. I want this forum to be THE M&B community.

Last edited:
Let's remember that Bannerlord both has great steam reviews - and good critics reviews... This community being upset because they want more content is not the end of the discussion.

Frankly it is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The community are upset because they don't feel they are heard. They get angry and don't leave good feedback. Taleworlds then don't listen to the feedback as it is not worth reading. The community are upset because they don't feel they are heard.....

You may well be right in saying Taleworlds are at fault and started the cycle; but this community still plays its part.

As much as a chump as it makes me I'd rather play the positive as it's the only way to break the cycle.
I don't consider you a chump. I consider you an essential part of the community, and a very constructive critic. You do you bud, and thank you for all you do, but others decide what to do, and I think TW deserves some part of the community giving them a negative attitude because they deserve it. It is their job in filtering out criticism. Also, those giving out a negative attitude also provide good feedback now and then.

I like the idea behind the post, the place it came from and I do agree with the fact that pretty much everything on that list would be lovely. Sadly, I'm quite sure that's not going to happen. They're either unwilling or unable to fix basic issues, I'm convinced they just aren't good enough or well-coordinated and directed enough to make anything more than what we've seen.

I wanted to include spicy memes, but the insert image feature is apparently too retarded for that. Either that or I'm retarded, not 100% sure.

Calling to boycott, more complaints and agressivity will only discourage people from reading, impoverishing the debate.
OP attempt is a good effort but for example, "Category 4" is just not constructive comment.

When Taleworlds started the Early Access, they said they would use community feedback to bring the game to the level that the community expects, and they aimed to release in a year. But that's not quite happening. A year has passed, but the game is nowhere near finished. Things the community has complained about for a long time still aren't fixed, while other areas of the game receive development nobody asked for.

It seems like Taleworlds devs each follow their own path, instead of working together following a unified plan based on community expectations. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression we get. TW's community managers can rarely confirm/deny any future information, further indicating no long-term plan. We have the "Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine," but it only seems to list short-term goals - not what Bannerlord is supposed to look like when it's done. This may explain the 8 years of development, and delayed release. If 90 people all work with different goals in mind, you get confusion and work going to waste, causing delays.

So: Taleworlds needs a long-term roadmap that states how Bannerlord should look when it's finished. And yet, despite - many - requests, there still isn't one.

That's why this thread is here. I've sorted heaps of community feedback to make an Early Access Roadmap for Taleworlds, so if they're honest about "bringing the game to the level the community expects", here they can easily see what the community expects.

But keep in mind that we're just customers, and Taleworlds is just a company (one that, to be fair, made millions of dollars by hyping up this Early Access). They don't have unlimited resources. Their only obligation is to deliver what they gave people reason to believe Bannerlord would be when they advertised it; the customer has a right to what they paid for, but not to their wildest dreams. So, I have limited community suggestions in this post to only things within the established scope of Bannerlord. Even then it makes for a very long list!

With that out of the way, here it is. Completed tasks are marked in green. Tasks they have recently announced they are currently working on are marked yellow. If I have made any errors or omissions, please let me know. This post was originally written in 1.5.8 and I will attempt to update it as things change.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CATEGORY 1: Features missing that were previously in M&B, or were mentioned in dev blogs. (High Priority)
Taleworlds used the Mount & Blade name to sell Bannerlord, so to live up to that it must be as good as their previous Mount & Blade product, Warband. TW hyped up buyers by talking about new features in the developer blogs, so they should deliver on those expectations.

Overworld
Civil Wars: The ability for a kingdom to split into two warring sub-factions. This feature was mentioned in devblogs, and also present in Warband.
* Suggesting to allied lords that they attack/defend a specific location without you, or scout an area, or bring reinforcements.
* Ability to promote companions to lords when you are a faction ruler.
* Deserters: Hostile roaming parties of runaway troops with military-level equipment, created on the world map when AI parties' morale falls too low.
* Manhunters: Neutral bounty hunters who spawn to fight bandits in areas of high bandit activity, and have a unique recruitable troop tree.
* Choice as to whether you accept the offer to ransom a captive enemy lord, or keep them prisoner.
* Choosing a city to be your "capital" (home base for the player kingdom's court and husband/wife).
* Poor clan leaders coming to a player kingdom's capital and offering to defect.
* Minor Faction bases as seen in the 2016 gameplay video.

Roleplaying
Reactive, Fixed Companions: A group of non-random companions who are the same in each playthrough, have more detailed backstories, who more often talk to the player about their actions and the game world, and ask the player to make decisions. Can be added alongside the randomized wanderer system rather than replacing it.
* Feasts: Gathering which can be hosted by the player or AI lords (just during peacetime!) in order to improve relations and gain influence.
* Political quests: The ability to plot a coup against the ruler of a faction with other lords, plot to start a war, or to accuse other lords of plotting.
* Courtship: The ability to talk to other NPCs about a potential spouse's likes in order to gain conversation topics. Completing quests for love interest to gain approval. Dissuading or dueling competing suitors. Returning more times over a longer period of time to build the relationship.
* Dueling lords: Legally fighting an enemy lord one-on-one, if you are competing for a lover or in a political feud.
* Skill Books: Expensive items which you can buy from a bookseller and read over time to gain proficiency in a skill.
* Sword Sisters: Hiring peasant women and upgrading them into combat troops with their own troop line.
* Sandbox Mode: Ability to skip main questline and choose own start.
* Crime and Gang system: Taking over gang hideouts and installing your own operation there, bribery (added for breakouts in 1.5.9), smuggling contraband, crime rating penalties by faction, undermining local nobility, etc.

Battles
* Visible spawn point marker for reinforcements. (In Warband this was the supply chest and a banner, but anything easily visible will do.)
* Ability to select a group of troops in a small radius around you.
* Fighting your way out in civilian gear after failing to sneak into a town.
* Prison Break quest and battling your way out of the dungeons and town. (Added in Beta e1.5.9)
* Fight in the keep after winning the wall fight of a castle/town siege.
* Fight in the street after winning the wall fight of a town siege.
* Daring and Cowardly personality traits affecting lords' tactics.
* Pre-battle army placement in field battles.
* Intelligent attacking/defending siege commander AI which will split its forces on multiple fronts, and change tactics to react to diversions.
* Banners borne by troops as shown in the 2017 video.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CATEGORY 2: Completing and balancing existing features, or adjusting them to create more satisfying gameplay. (High Priority)
Although I know TW is aware of many of these issues, and working on some of them, they are listed for the sake of completeness.

Overworld
Economy: Prices of military gear are way too high. Income from a well-managed town/village or caravan is too low. High tier troops should cost more to upgrade.
* Peace: There need to be longer periods of peace, so the player can regroup their forces. Rejecting war votes as the ruler costs the player too much influence. AI kingdoms should offer peace to the player.
* AI won't surrender in sieges where the odds are ridiculously against them, even if it's 50 vs 1000 or they're starving, so the player is forced to sit through a boring battle (which their army will take significant casualties in if they autoresolve it). If the defending AI is starving, they should either sally out or surrender.
* Governing: Player needs other ways to increase town loyalty, and more ways to increase the power of notables. Issues have too much impact on the prosperity of a player's towns/villages.
* Factions need to forcibly dissolve after they have held no territory for half a year, so their parties stop being a nuisance.
* Autoresolve: Needs to better represent how a battle would occur, and high tier troops need to be stronger in it. E.g.: a T5 soldier is only as strong as three T1 units in autoresolve, but should be able to kill five.
* Siege Artillery: Trebuchets are too strong; they should be slightly less efficient at destroying enemy siege engines, and should also cost more to build them. Fire siege engines should be more efficient at destroying siege engines.
* AI lords and companions die too rarely in autocalc battles, and too often in real battles.
* Bandit hideouts crop up too commonly.
* Mercenary relations need to reset when a war ends.
* Personality traits need to affect AI lords more in their politics and strategy.
* Strategic AI still makes some very questionable decisions, such as prematurely leaving sieges that they're winning, running right past friendly towns/castles when fleeing instead of taking refuge (partially fixed in 1.5.9?), raiding a village prior to taking its town, offering peace when they're overwhelmingly winning a war, etc.
* Enemy lords escape imprisonment too easily and regain armies too quickly after a defeat; executing every lord you come across is the most viable strategy to conquer Calradia, because being hated doesn't affect your ability to fight much, but executing your enemies massively impacts their faction and is better than having to deal with constantly respawning lord parties.
* Player has little control over their caravans and clan/companion parties.
* Raiding: Too slow for large parties and doesn't offer enough reward. On the other hand, it is too effective in the hands of lots of little AI parties swarming the player's territory and crippling their income.
* Armies: It isn't worth joining them because you can't recruit, lose control of your forces, have to share food, and are at the whim of poor AI decisions. There needs to be better reasons to join them, such as gaining relations with lords you travel in an army with.
* Castles: Not strategically useful enough.
* Minor factions: Mostly don't fit their lore. Factions described as criminals, eg. Hidden Hand, can be hired as regular mercenaries and don't seem to do crime. Some, such as Skolderbrovta, are described as elite warriors, but actually are worse than regular faction units. And some e.g. Forest People are described as basically farmers, but provide troops of the same strength and cost as professional mercenary companies. Also, some factions are enemies in-game with factions they're said to be allies with in-lore, such as the Eleftheroi being at war with the Empire.
* Player doesn't get enough opportunity to fight in defensive sieges.

Roleplaying
Smithing system needs a rehaul. (Recieved improvements in 1.5.9)
* Engineering and Charm skills need more ways to level them. Leadership, Trade, Roguery and Medicine are too difficult to level. Steward is a bit too easy to level. Trade should level when owned workshops and caravans return a profit.
* Riding perks are almost mandatory.
* Leadership perk "Loyalty and Honor" makes the morale mechanics ineffective, and should be changed or moved higher up. It also says it makes T3+ troops immune to routing, but actually makes T2+ troops immune.
* Trade skill has no influence on the profitability of player-owned workshops/caravans.
* Tactics perk tree is too focused on autoresolve battles. This is undesirable, as a player who levels up Tactics and wants to play battles tactically is actually encouraged to not play the battles at all. Tactics should increase the number of troops you can bring to a non-simulated battle at the beginning, as it did in Warband.
* Persuading NPCs in conversations being reliant on RNG is unfair to the player and encourages save-scumming. Looking at other roleplaying video games, a deterministic pass/fail based on whether the player has enough skill to succeed would be better.
* Courtship is too quick. The intervals between conversations with a potential spouse should be longer. Marrying into a clan with a higher tier than yours should also cost more.
* NPC Relations: There are too many ways of losing influence and relations, and executing 5 evil, hated lords will ruin your reputation just as much as if you had executed 100 beloved, good lords. People on the other side of the world will hate you for executing someone. You can't offer lords a fief to get them to join your kingdom. Attacking and releasing enemy lords is the best way of gaining relations with lords; gaining relations is difficult otherwise. Fighting battles alongside allies, winning battles for your faction, and sharing similar personality traits (eg: honorable lords liking an honorable player) needs to have a more positive impact on relations and influence. Relation with your spouse should also be higher.
* Tournaments: Become pointless by mid game. The player should also be able to progress to higher-level tournaments which have tougher enemies and give gold and higher renown rewards.
* Dialogue: Multiple lines of dialogue in the game are not implemented, don't trigger, are contradictory, or have grammar/spelling issues. Personality traits, relations, the player's successes, and their clan rank need to have more of an impact on dialogue.
* Game flow can overall be described as grindy, with "grind" being defined as "executing non-challenging, repetitive tasks". Bannerlord's design needs to make more of an attempt to present the player with a more gradual curve of appropriately challenging fights and interesting quests when progressing through middle clan tiers; as opposed to the current situation of grinding bandit fights to move to the next clan tier rank.

Battles
* Armor Model: Arrows do way too much damage to armor. Melee attacks do slightly too much. High quality armor provides barely any protection. This is unrealistic, makes expensive armor nearly pointless, makes higher tier units too weak, and leads to troop imbalance (overpowered archers) that causes shallow tactics ("sit archers on hill") and battles ending too quickly.
* Combat AI obviously has many things that need fixing. Troops don't block or parry enough. Lance cavalry AI are far too inaccurate and will charge to the other side of the map to gain charging distance on an enemy who is behind them moving at the same speed. Ranged unit AI stops targeting cavalry outside of medium range (fixed in 1.5.9), but is also too accurate at hitting fast moving targets. All types of AI have an issue of focusing on enemies who are too far away, instead of nearby threats. Etc...
* Troop Balance: Ranged cavalry and ranged infantry are way too strong (see armor). Melee cavalry charges aren't impactful enough. Melee infantry, especially spear users, are weak.
* Weapon Balance: Throwing weapons don't do enough shield damage (fixed in 1.5.9). Player and the AI cannot brace polearms in singleplayer. Stab polearms are too weak, slash polearms are too strong.
* Mounted melee combat from horseback with swords and spears feels very inconsistent and the animations poorly match the hit areas.
* AI captains will charge wildly into battle with no self-preservation and die. What they should be doing is fighting if the fight comes to them, but otherwise staying just behind their men, not seeking out fights.
* Spawn locations of reinforcements can be very imbalanced, causing the player to lose in situations they would have otherwise won.
* Morale: Is too effective against low tier troops, and not effective enough against mid/high tier troops. The player can inspire perfect morale too easily in mid/high tier troops, with little skill investment. (Partially fixed in 1.5.9) Morale should work like it was advertised: Tactical use of shock troops, flanking side/rear attacks, massive damage in a short time, leading your army from the front, destroying siege equipment, and killing enemy commanders should be able to impact morale to turn the tide of a close battle. Morale should not be ending battles immediately on the first kill, nor only kicking in once the battle is obviously won.
* Siege Equipment: Troop behaviour with inefficient use of ladders needs to be fixed in sieges. Siege towers should not drop their gate until a group of units have gathered at the top. Battering rams need to roll backwards once they have destroyed both gates, to avoid getting in the way of pathing. Defenders should not be climbing down siege ladders or onto siege towers to pursue the enemy. Attackers' siege artillery is prone to friendly fire.
* Siege Balance: When they aren't bugged, sieges are too easy for attackers. The ratio of spawned attackers to defenders is about 90-10, it should be more like 70-30. Gate HP needs to be a bit higher. Perhaps ladders should even need to be carried over to the wall before they can be used, or be destroyable. Troops defending a breached wall or gate should use formations that properly cover the gap. Defenders should be able to open the main gate from the outside so they can retreat after a sally-out. When an AI attacker has all their siege equipment destroyed and hasn't yet reached the walls, they should retreat to rebuild their siege equipment, rather than standing around.
* Faction Variety: Half of the faction troop trees are too similar and lack distinct strengths and weaknesses, making the game more repetitive and less varied. Each faction needs to be more unique in its capabilities, so player's tactics are different for every faction. A good example is Vlandia: clear strength (lots of melee cavalry), clear weakness (no ranged cavalry).

Art/Sound
Many town, castle, village, tavern, field, and hideout scenes are unimplemented.
* Rulers and elite troops of a faction look generic and lack truly noble-looking gear.
* Tabards always have a lion emblem on them, even if worn by a non-Vlandian player faction. Better for them to either be blank, or display the appropriate faction emblem.
* Unimplemented voiceovers.
* Unimplemented music.

Engine
Mod tools need to be completed.
* Performance improvements, e.g. memory leaks in sieges.
* General bug fixing.
Please note I do not understate how difficult some of these things are just because I only give them a single point.

CATEGORY 3: New features needed to fix problems with existing features. (Mid priority)
There are multiple features in Bannerlord which don't have much reason for the player to use them. It would be a fair assumption on buying a game for its features, that you would have a reason to use them. So, when Taleworlds has completed the other features, creating mechanics to tie them together so they're useful and fun is the next step.
* The dynasty/heirs system is mostly pointless. If you have played long enough for your heir to take control, you've probably conquered most of Calradia anyway, and have no challenging enemies left to fight. Possible solution: Allow the AI to start civil wars or foreign invasions so the player always has new enemies in a long game.
* Since only marrying nobles is possible, all non-noble roleplay styles Taleworlds have made can't use the heirs feature. Possible solution: Let player marry companions or notables.
* The beautifully detailed town/village/castle scenes of Bannerlord lack gameplay reasons to explore them. Possible solution: Add some basic mini-quests or random events that can only be found and completed inside those scenes.
* Castles in Bannerlord lack strategic value, and provide almost no unique benefit to the player outside of saving wages on garrison and being a second inventory. Possible solution: Make castles generate patrols that roam the nearby area to hunt bandits, fight small enemy forces, and report on the presence of large enemy forces.
* Tactics are very frustrating to execute when your units chase after the wrong enemies when you want them to attack a specific enemy formation. Possible solution: Allow the player to order a formation to attack a specific enemy formation (commonly requested feature).
* Minor factions are said in the lore to have unique skills, ways of life, and motivations. But in gameplay terms, they all just work as roaming mercenaries. They also have uniquely crafted troop trees, but the only way to access these troops is to defeat the factions in battle and recruit from prisoners, which is unintuitive. Possible solution: Give unique quests to minor factions that reflect their lore, and offer the ability to recruit the minor faction's troops from them (or some other reward).
* The player has to roam quite far to recruit troops of their original culture if they didn't choose the Empire culture. Possible solution: When the player conquers a town, mix recruits of their culture into the notables' troops on offer, alongside the native recruits.
* The ending of the game is an anti-climax. Once you get down to the last couple of kingdoms they have no chance of ever beating you, but slowly killing them is very boring. Possible solution: Make enemy kingdoms ally against the player when you control 50-75% of the map and fight you in a climactic large battle. If you win this battle, make their territories surrender.

These three categories make up the roadmap. The next two categories aren't part of the roadmap, and are just guidelines.

CATEGORY 4: "Pet projects." (Low priority)
Features which Taleworlds employees would personally like to see added but which are not expected or asked for by the community. As Taleworlds is being paid by the people who bought Bannerlord, and told those people they aim to make the game to the buyers' expectations, their priority is to deliver that first and foremost.

CATEGORY 5: "Bonus features." (Low priority)
Any features which are popular requests among the community, but were not promised or implied by Taleworlds, and aren't needed to make the game's other features have a purpose. If Taleworlds feels like working on such things, or making them into a DLC, they can, but the customer has no right to demand these things.

@armagan @Dejan @MArdA TaleWorlds @elysebluemoon @Singil @uçanbiblo @SadShogun @Duh_TaleWorlds @lottendill @Callum
If I haven't caused offense, then please feel free to use this roadmap how you see fit. It would give the community great confidence to see that Taleworlds has a unified plan for the long term. If 90% of this list can get completed, Bannerlord will be a truly good sequel to Warband, and though you can never please everyone, you'll please the vast majority of your buyers.

This is amazing. Thank you for taking the time to write it all up. I hope they hear you...and us.

Wrong that ship has passed. Many here including myself were considered 'White Knights" early on as we felt that many of the features shown in the early Dev Blogs (which i consider essential for interesting and compelling gameplay) - were consistently praising the strengths of the game as well as extoling their faith in the developers as we felt they just needed more time. As it became more and more apparent that 'Time' wasnt the issue at all - TW had clearly made intentional choices to just not develop the game any further in these areas with just simple "Denied" being told to Mexico (The Committee of Nay not to be confused with the Knights who say Neet) over and over without a care as to reaching out to the community to tell us why. Good faith was trounced on and many of us turned sour and bitter -like an old cat lady who cant find her one cat so she kicks her poor dog

Hello Taleworlds employee, please do your job instead of trolling the forums and we'll all get out of this sooner and happier.

Wrong that ship has passed. Many here including myself were considered 'White Knights" early on as we felt that many of the features shown in the early Dev Blogs (which i consider essential for interesting and compelling gameplay) - were consistently praising the strengths of the game as well as extoling their faith in the developers as we felt they just needed more time. As it became more and more apparent that 'Time' wasnt the issue at all - TW had clearly made intentional choices to just not develop the game any further in these areas with just simple "Denied" being told to Mexico (The Committee of Nay not to be confused with the Knights who say Neet) over and over without a care as to reaching out to the community to tell us why. Good faith was trounced on and many of us turned sour and bitter -like an old cat lady who cant find her one cat so she kicks her poor dog
Lol thank you for the funny metaphor.
I understand the disappointment and frustration of the people following the development since the beginning.
But it was to be expected that some features would change or be abandoned during the process.
Hopefully the modders community will expand the limit of the gameplay, just like they did for warband.
I can already see a lot of nice features added through mods (intrigues, take hideouts, scum and villainy, etc...) and the game is still not fully released.
Bannerlord is already a good game and it has a great potential.

I understand the disappointment and frustration of the people following the development since the beginning.
But it was to be expected that some features would change or be abandoned during the process.
Hopefully the modders community will expand the limit of the gameplay, just like they did for warband.
I can already see a lot of nice features added through mods (intrigues, take hideouts, scum and villainy, etc...) and the game is still not fully released.
I disagree, and it is very sad to know how BL could push the boundary much further, but thanks to incompetence and disorganization, it seems from the top to the bottom, it could not achieve its full greatness.

You know that's a bad thing right? They sort of represent the community in many respects. Certainly bannerlord videos get much more comments/views then this forum ever does.

Italian Spartacus (the main one I follow) even talks to the dev's personally; some of the changes in the latest patch are his suggestions.

Pretty sad that these people don't think the forum is worth visiting...:xf-cry:. I've put my heart and soul into this forum for half a decade.

Last edited:
I don't think you quite understand how deep that goes though. You are talking to people who played previous Mount and Blade titles for a decade, and were expecting Taleworlds to build a masterpiece in part by following feedback of their veteran player base. Instead we were told over and over that our feedback doesn't matter (with a few exceptions from individual developers, but that's definitely the feeling that one gets from high level management).

I was very open minded at the beginning. Release was objectively speaking a disaster, but I figured hey Warband was not in great shape either at release, they might still do it. I still think that we won't be able to judge for sure until release day, but I am not gonna lie... If past behavior is any indication of future behavior things are not looking pretty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom