Buy land for a profitable venture

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice discovery :smile: shows the great stuff Taleworlds have in store for us players. 

I wonder if I saw this correctly, the exploits of the businesses seem to be "taxed" by the tax inefficiency... It looks like the incomes are added (including workshops) and then the 70% (or less if you have fewer fiefs) is substracted. This means that:

- Either you have to stick to low number of fiefs to keep your businesses profitable.
- Or you take out production of the workshops and sell it yourself @ full profit. The wages of your craftsmen will still be subtracted but the result may even lead to a lower tax inefficiency amount.
- or, You leave the businesses to fend for themselves and just take whatever profit they Can generate from buying and selling and having it taxed. This way you keep your inventory space free for more profitable things such as loot and tradegoods.

I would be interested to learn if a business counts as a fief with regards to tax inefficiency.

Examples (with 70% tax inefficiency):

Case 1: Autobuy/Auto sell
Say for an iron forge, you buy 2 iron for 80 each and place them in your worshop. Then you let it produce costing 50 in wages, total cost 210. seems like when you sell each tool for 420 dinars each you get a cool profit of 630 right? 
It seems thing work a little different:  Your income in the weekly report would be a royal 630, this profit however is taxed for 70 percent, leaving you with a real income of only 189.

Case 2: Manual buy/Manual sell.
Say I bought 2 iron for 50 each at a supersale in Curaw, I picked up the tools and sold them for 490 each in suno. Profit=880-50=830 for that week and even better I only pay 15 wages because they are deducted before tax inefficiency. Real income 850 but I need to travel and keep my slots occupied with Iron/Tools cannibalizing trade profits.

Case 3: Auto buy/manual sell (may not be possible....)
Say the workshop is in Curaw and I get the average buying price of 80 I do not autosell but pick up the tools as I visit the workshop and sell them at the best rate say 490 someplace... Now my costs are 210 before tax inefficiency. I only pay 30 percent of that so 63, the profit is 980-63=917 per week! Still some cannibalization of tradeslots but not so much as before plus less traveling looking for cheap iron.

Case 4: Manual buy, auto sell
Worst of 2 worlds, you sell two tools for 420 each total of 840. Your weekly report shows 790, you actually get 237 but you have spent that 100 in Curaw for iron so you need to deduct that for a real income of 137 and you had to put in the work to get the Iron there. Seems like a good option at first but is much worse than case 1.

Am I overlooking something here or are the "profitable businesses" less uncomplicated then they seem? 

I would be interested to learn if a business counts as a fief with regards to tax inefficiency.

I have set up business in almost every town in Calradia, without holding any fiefs, and there was no tax inneficiency at all eating their revenues.

Later, I got a village and a castle, and still got no tax inneficiency.

Grummen: Cool, then workshops do not promote tax inefficiency! How much are your businesses making each week if I may ask? It sounds like a great thing to have a business in every town! Do you stock the workshops or just let them fend for themselves? Tax inefficiency kicks in above 3 fiefs or 5 if you use the diplomacy mod. From then on I fear it will cut hard into your fief and workshop incomes... Interesting thing is that with you large number of workshops, your income may drop as you gain fiefs... 

Well from what I'm reading in the Me, Floris AAR he has multiple fiefs and business and tax inefficiency still doesn't effect them. The one thing I'm curious about is when you tell you business to buy the raw materials locally, but you never see that material in the merchant screen in town. Where does it come from and how does the game figure the price.

Example: Yalen never seems to have iron, doesn't produce it at all. I set up an iron works in the town and tell them to buy the raw material locally. Somehow they do but from where and at what price?

this would be my worst deal ever
mb21.jpg

Perrin: Actually, the tax inefficiency does affect me. Since I've got so much fiefs, I hit the maximum tax inefficiency and it doesn't get worse. But with every business I opened, I saw the amount of tax inefficiency rising. So it also goes over the business profits, but those businesses don't the percentage. The only reason I get a positive balance, is that I've got so insanely much fiefs and businesses, that the small bit that's left after the tax inefficiency is still more than enough to compensate my army costs.

The masters can summon raw goods from anywhere they like. They pay some kind of average price for it, but I'm not sure how they determine that.

monnikje said:
Perrin: Actually, the tax inefficiency does affect me. Since I've got so much fiefs, I hit the maximum tax inefficiency and it doesn't get worse. But with every business I opened, I saw the amount of tax inefficiency rising. So it also goes over the business profits, but those businesses don't the percentage. The only reason I get a positive balance, is that I've got so insanely much fiefs and businesses, that the small bit that's left after the tax inefficiency is still more than enough to compensate my army costs.

The masters can summon raw goods from anywhere they like. They pay some kind of average price for it, but I'm not sure how they determine that.

Hmm ok so if I open 4 or more business I'll start to see tax inefficiency like having more than 3 fiefs. Good to know, thanks.

No, the business might be affected by tax inneficiency, but their amount do not count toward reaching tax inneficiency.

Indeed. You could have 20 businesses, but won't have trouble from TI. You could also have 20 businesses + 3 fiefs without any problesm. But 20 businesses + 10 fiefs and TI makes you pay a lot.

I have a question.

After reading and reading Monikje's AAR:  Me, Floris....  I have finally decided to upgrade my own play experience by both installing the Diplomacy mod..... and implement this hand lil industry feature!

I implemented the industry feature first, went into the conversation txt and changed the 1 to a 0 in that one script..... tested the feature, and it worked!

Then I instlaled the Diplomacy Mod no troubles, copied my savegames over..... went into the conversation txt and changed the exact same 1 to a 0.  It no worky.  :sad:

It still works if I play my game Native, but doesn't work if I play my Diplomacy game. 

The problem may be that the rest of the numbers are a bit different in that script you edit..... should I change it back to the numbers from the native? 

Has anyone else gotten this to work successfully while playing Diplo?  :razz:  I know you have, Monik, hehe.

Thanks for any and all help, I look forward to spreading wine across the world of Calradia!  :smile:

Sorry, sorry, my bad.  I completely restarted the game, and lo and behold...... it all works now.  :razz:

Haha, kinda feel like an idiot now lol.

Sorry.  :razz:

This really is a great source of income without the pesky tax ineffiency, I'm a fiefless, factionless warlady and I get around 1,6k profit each week. (paying the soldiers included)

One question, Does the enterprise close down if you are in war with the certain faction the enterprise is located in?

if u are at war with a faction and u have a enterprise in a city of 'em, it will be under sequestration, so u will gain no income.
Well then u need to liberate the city and crash the enemy :grin:

I bought a land in my city and it's going well, but I want to buy more land in other cities and I've visited almost every cities guild master and I can't seem to get the option back!

I don't use cheat mode but I made the configuration to enable this and it worked once. Btw, I use version 1.125 and diplomacy mod.

Gerard Mulder said:
Grummen: Cool, then workshops do not promote tax inefficiency! How much are your businesses making each week if I may ask? It sounds like a great thing to have a business in every town! Do you stock the workshops or just let them fend for themselves? Tax inefficiency kicks in above 3 fiefs or 5 if you use the diplomacy mod. From then on I fear it will cut hard into your fief and workshop incomes... Interesting thing is that with you large number of workshops, your income may drop as you gain fiefs...

Please check again, tax inefficiency should not effect revenues from shops. It only effects rents and tarrifs if your owned centers > 2/4/6 in good/normal/poor strategic ai.

This feature has gone live! It was never enabled in my game before, but with v1.126 I get the option to buy land in towns now! :smile:

Thanks for this, without it I would be in severe debt - Bloody King Ragnar not giving me villages!

Hi sorry for being a noob, but how are you suppose to start any of the businesses?

I'm not a king yet only a vassal of Swadia, but I own three cities, and I never got the option to start a brewery or such.

Back
Top Bottom