Buy land for a profitable venture

Users who are viewing this thread

Saber said:
Hi sorry for being a noob, but how are you suppose to start any of the businesses?

I'm not a king yet only a vassal of Swadia, but I own three cities, and I never got the option to start a brewery or such.

Same deal, but I am running the Diplomacy mod so maybe that's the issue?

I couldn't get this working with Diplomacy either, however soon after 1.126 came out and using the latest version of diplomacy on 1.126 I now can set up these businesses fine.

^
You will temporarily get nothing from that those cities.
But your property will not get destroyed. It will return to normal when you either get the city or make peace with that faction.

Think you have to sell off the original first.  The guild master will tell you there isn't enough of a labour force to support two ventures.

Faustaus said:
Think you have to sell off the original first.  The guild master will tell you there isn't enough of a labour force to support two ventures.

I see. I was thinking of raising the relation of the guild master, maybe that'd change.

Guess not  :grin:

Thanks!

My English is worst than i tough.

Can anyone awnser some question?

Ive read everthing but still a bit confuse.

Q-1 : Guild master price-cost-profit change with day , i also watched the script posted at the start on the forum. so if sargoth have 8000 acres of flax it is better to start a linen enterprise there? cause they will buy the flax from theyr own town?  (right now the GM give me a poor profit like 200 or 24:cool:

Or it is better to go somewhere else?

I plan to buy cheaper raw material from town to gain more profit. last time  Sargoth gave me like 500 buck for a fur tannery, now it's like 300 , Flax profit also suck.

I'm neutral and try to gain  cash with maximum profit anyone can give a hand?

i'll probably buy raw and auto-sell finished product. what is best? honestly someone can remove those clouds around my head it's like the 50 new game I'm doing to test and did not have figured out *jeez**sigh*

Hey,

I used this topic among others to build a guide about economy and trading in French... I thought you could like some goodies from it since it is not hard to understand :

Table of prices :
capturecik.png

Town industrial data :
table1g.png

Village industrial data :
captureyju.png

A useful map here.

Please give credit if using this map. More (mostly french text, sorry) here.

@Syracus: yeah, building a linen entreprise is good there if there's no other linen entreprises. You can manage your enterprises yourself for a better profit but you'll have guaranteed middle profit if left automatic. You can make money by following some trade routes like Curaw-Reyvadin or Tulga-Ahmerrad. The best way is to travel ALL around Calradia, since the best prices are located "on every corner". Villages sell cheaper.

In your first table, you have "peaux," which I think is unworked hides (sorry, I don't speak French), but you don't seem to have leatherwork.  Also you have "outils," which looks like tools, but you don't have raw iron.  I'm not sure about leatherwork prices, but you can get the best prices for iron (that is, to buy iron) in Curaw, Ahmerrad, Dhirim, and sometimes Bariyye (and surrounding villages).

Yeah, you guess right. Quick learner !

I only put the resources I knew or found how to trade with. For some reason, I forgot iron, which is one of the most important goods for a trader. I wanted to put as much as I can, except for dye, silk and velvet (useless) but I'm not really sure about the prices for leatherwork, furs, olives and grapes. I guess I'll have to check it in-game but if someone has some acknowledge, please share.

Velvet can be useful if you find it under 800--you don't have to buy a lot of it to turn a nice profit (a good thing, since there's never a lot of it to be had!), so you're not filling up your inventory with trade goods.  Of course, Jelkala's the only place you'll ever find it that cheap.

Yeah, I said "useless" because silk and dye is only used at Jelkala, which produces them too. I didn't mention velvet because, once it has been purchased in Jelkala, almost any town will give you a pretty decent price. But I wonder if it is as much profitable as the salt from Wercheg or the spices from Tulga.

Zamensis said:
Yeah, I said "useless" because silk and dye is only used at Jelkala, which produces them too. I didn't mention velvet because, once it has been purchased in Jelkala, almost any town will give you a pretty decent price. But I wonder if it is as much profitable as the salt from Wercheg or the spices from Tulga.

Over the long run, no, of course: you'll find lots more cheap salt and spice than velvet.  It's a good spot-buy, though.

The silk and dye can be useful if you've got dyeworks that you want to micromanage by putting raw goods in inventory to raise your profit.  I never bother, but some people take a hands-on approach to enterprises.

I'm using the Diplomacy mod, where dye can also be useful for gifts.

Back
Top Bottom