Buy land for a profitable venture

Users who are viewing this thread

Grummen said:
Now this is sounds like what I've been wanting. A way to make investments and hopefully get an actual return on them in the foreseeable future. It is strange that they haven't activated it yet though, but nice find anyway. I'll definitely have to play around with it and see if it breaks anything. 

Edit: I got to looking and found this:

Code:
  [anyone,"mayor_investment_possible",[
  (ge, "$cheat_mode", 3)
  ], "{!}CHEAT: Yes, we're playtesting this feature, and you're in cheat mode. Go right ahead.", "mayor_investment_advice",[
  ]]

no point really, I just thought it was funny. And apparently they're play testing that feature, so that's good news.

Somehow I missed that. Although I am told that the python files in the module system and the text files in the live module are not identical. I think they were hasty updating the module system with the last patch. I don't know how we are supposed to playtest something most of us aren't even aware of.

I´ve been fiddling with properties yesterday. They add a whole new commercial dimension to the game. I´ve seen industries as cheap to build as 1500 denars, and as expensive as 10000 denars. I also noticed that if you have an industry in a city of a faction with whom you are at war, your rents suffer "sequestration".

Kellick said:
Somehow I missed that. Although I am told that the python files in the module system and the text files in the live module are not identical. I think they were hasty updating the module system with the last patch. I don't know how we are supposed to playtest something most of us aren't even aware of.

Yeah I do most my tweaking in the module system if I can figure out how. I've been messing around with this and it seems that the only major "bugs" with it so far are that the scenes where you talk to your production master aren't complete. In my game it seems so far that the some of the better ROI's come from setting up a toolsmith in Curaw and Dhirim, and a linen weaver in Shariz was pretty good too. The biggest pay day in most towns was velvet making, but it also has the highest initial investment of 10k. Most places it would also take about 18  to 20 weeks to pay for itself, which is still a lot sooner than building a mill in a village. But lets face it, most of us are looking for the biggest pay day each week and that was where it was usually at.

On a side note, on my adventures to locate the guildmasters in every town, I discovered that 2 of Rhodok towns are either floating or buried and I couldn't get to their guildmaster. I also found myself really wishing I could find the python code for adding Visit Guildmaster to the town menu, but I suppose I'm going to have to figure that out on my own. Anyway, didn't add any major new crashes and nothing seems horribly broke yet after a couple months. I have been curious if it'll have any long term impacts on the economy, but it seems most places have more demand than supply, especially in the velvet department.

Grummen said:
I also found myself really wishing I could find the python code for adding Visit Guildmaster to the town menu, but I suppose I'm going to have to figure that out on my own.

I use this. Makes the game a whole lot more fun for me.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101731.0.html

I'm in the 'have no clue' category when it comes to the module system, coding, or how the tweaks actually work tho. I'd love for this economy thing be available to try via an idiot proof tweak.

kylemmie said:
Grummen said:
I also found myself really wishing I could find the python code for adding Visit Guildmaster to the town menu, but I suppose I'm going to have to figure that out on my own.

I use this. Makes the game a whole lot more fun for me.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101731.0.html

I'm in the 'have no clue' category when it comes to the module system, coding, or how the tweaks actually work tho. I'd love for this economy thing be available to try via an idiot proof tweak.

Well maybe kefka95 will put it in if people ask him, he is after all the one who told me how to make it so

Grummen, thanks for sharing your business experiences. I hope more of you do so so we have better data to work with than just my own as gameplay experiences vary with every game.
I haven't had time to play today. I did make a half-hearted attempt to figure out the villages but just not feeling it tonight so will probably just play (I mean play play not playtest lol).
That is what I expected with the velvet, that you could plop them down everywhere and just rake in maximum profit without any interaction. There is no supply of raw silk anywhere but Jelkala but if that does not matter and the shop just buys it out of thin air at an estimated price it really is not balanced. Probably one of the reasons it is still under testing.

Oh, I went into Shariz and I was told "Well...Given your relationship with our liege , Sultan Hakim, I think you will not find many here who are brave enough to sell you land" He dislikes me (-3) because I refused his offer of vassalage last month. I went to the next Sarranid town and they did not have a problem, so it is the relationship with the actual lord of the town (because Shariz is Hakim's direct holding) and not the king. I will add this to the main post. I wonder now if different relationship affects price. I know I said I wasn't going to do anymore "work" tonight but sometimes I just can't help myself.

I have 0 or better relationship with all towns so if anyone out there has a negative relationship somewhere and can try it and let us know it would be appreciated. Also note if you are currently at war with the faction (because I'm sure someone out there is crazy enough to sneak in and try to buy land :razz: ) Because I was crazy enough to do it myself; "Sir, you are an enemy of this realm. We cannot allow you to buy land here."

I am absolutely loving this new feature, had to change the 1 to a 0 to get it to work. Can't wait for them to polish it up and launch it. Couple of spelling mistakes and doesn't seem to be fleshed out completely...but still works for now.

Created 3 Brewery's in the Rhodok kingdom. Every city had villages that produce grain, and cheap to start only 2500 denar. I get about 200 denar a week for each one plus my merc contract and the army is paid for. On top of all that you now get 45 inventory spaces per city. You can leave anything in there as long as it's not grain in this case. I wonder if I leave ale in there if the employee will sell it automatically every week.

This sounds awesome.  I hope it's implemented/fleshed out soon via patch, so that more people can know about it.

Ok, I made some more edits. Found production data for spice and dye.
I corrected the crops, because I knew it could not be per acre; it wasn't, re-reading the script it is a divisor (most others are multipliers) so 125 acres of grain fields produces 1 unit of grain (remember villages have 5-15 thousand acres each and every town has 1000 acres)
Added a few notes here and there.

I went around last night and setup shop in every town except the 3 Nordic ones (because they declared war on us before I had a chance; maybe eloping with Lady Svipul wasn't such a smart thing to do) , apparantly there is an unlimited supply of silk for the shop foremen to buy.

From my last budget:
Oil Press: Veluca 382
Dyeworks: Suno 530, Khudan 576, Rivacheg 527, Yalen 528,
Tannery: Jelkala 418. Reyvadin 346
Mill: Praven 222
Brewery: Uxkhal 184
Wool Weavery: Tulga 308
Ironworks: Curaw 508, Dhirim 838 (Dhirim I stocked full of iron myself or profit would be less), Narra 392
Brewery Ichamur 156
Linen Weavery: Shariz 521
Wine Press: Durquba 390

This adds up to like 7700 for that week which is just stupid profit.

The mills and breweries really suck, I stocked them up with grain and their profit is dismal, although they are cheap to setup. Most of the other shops are fending for themselves, so there is potential to make more profit buying supplies cheaper and selling goods yourself (although if you sell yourself I would expect the budget line item to show only red)

Ok, now I am unsure about some of the code. This for example which is assigning the desert consumer class:
Code:
  this_or_next|is_between ":center_no" "p_town_19" "p_castle_1"
  ge ":center_no" "p_village_91"
  item_slot_ge ":cur_good" slot_item_desert_demand 0
  item_get_slot ":consumer_consumption" ":cur_good" slot_item_desert_demand

This or next between Shariz and first castle. Does that include Shariz like it should?
Then the next line. If it is indeed all villages from 91 and up then that would be all the Sarranid villages (and any villages anyone added after them)
Does that actually work or is it a broken piece or what?

And why no apples, when I visited Turkey you people had me drinking apple tea constantly (good stuff, good stuff)

K, I found some more code and comments.
Apparantly pyme isn't 100% WB compatible.
If I didn't get aggravated trying to save changes and not being able to I wouldn't have gone to the python shell to edit and so I would probably still be looking for some of these things.
The search and sorting in pyme is really pretty awesome though. I hope it gets updated.

So I made another table out of the business ventures, there is some data in there besides just the ingame text now.
And I added a few more notes.

Kellick said:
Grummen, thanks for sharing your business experiences. I hope more of you do so so we have better data to work with than just my own as gameplay experiences vary with every game.
I haven't had time to play today. I did make a half-hearted attempt to figure out the villages but just not feeling it tonight so will probably just play (I mean play play not playtest lol).
That is what I expected with the velvet, that you could plop them down everywhere and just rake in maximum profit without any interaction. There is no supply of raw silk anywhere but Jelkala but if that does not matter and the shop just buys it out of thin air at an estimated price it really is not balanced. Probably one of the reasons it is still under testing.

There are certainly many towns where you can make a nice income off of velvet production. However I've been working on a strategy for characters with lower financial standing that involves building bakeries instead. When you consider that the velvet factory costs 10k and nets around 500 to 600ish, as opposed to bakeries, which cost 1.5k and will net you about 150 to 200ish, multiple bakeries might actually be more profitable. You can build about 6 of those for close to the same price as 1 velvet factory, and you'd not only be spending less, you'd be averaging around 1k total weekly income. Later on, you can close down a bakery to build something more profitable in its place once your financial situation is better. Since there are multiple towns where you'll net at least 10% of your initial investment, each one will typically have paid for itself in about 10 weeks or less.

It's nice how you can micromanage the process as little or as much as you want. If you can somehow find a cheaper source of raw materials, either by raiding villages or caravans, or simply finding a good deal on the market, you can increase your profit margins. You've also got the option of not selling what you produce and the warehouse will store it, either to sell it elsewhere or possibly increase demand and hope for a price spike, but I haven't tried either of those yet. There are some things that aren't clear though, like how much raw goods are used verses how much is produced.  Or if I fill up the warehouse with the raw materials, will they go nuts and produce an insane amount, or will it not affect production at all.

Ulvemanna said:
Umh, how do you turn on chatmenu? lol  :oops:
I suppose you mean cheatmenu.

first enable cheats then when you are on the worldmap press Shift + ~
A textbar will open, type cheatmenu on (If I do remember correctly, If that's not the case please correct me)

Back
Top Bottom