Buy land for a profitable venture

Users who are viewing this thread

DrowningFish said:
I think I figured it out, the profitable venture thing only appears if I have cheatmenu on. Has it worked for anyone without cheatmenu?

:shock:
Oops. Well look at that. Sorry for the confusion. I guess they slipped it in and then decided they weren't ready to, or maybe they thought they did but then forgot to enable it and then were surprised that noone found it since they are sloppy about the changelogs. It does seem to be a fully working feature though.

Also as king I was able to get the menu option with the cheatmenu turned on.

I guess that is why I stumbled on it, I must have been testing something and had the cheatmenu on, and later testing it I had the cheatmenu on (to look at town reports) so it didn't occur to me.

ramonb said:
I reverted back to 1.122 due to constant crashes with 1.124+
I will give it a try, when 1.126+ comes out.

Well hopefully you get it sorted soon.
Sucks for you because I've found 1.125 to be much more stable than 1.113 and the improvements over the beta versions of 1.12 are pretty big.
I was getting so frustrated with winning a large siege only to have the game crash before I could even save it in 1.113 that I was ready to call it quits.

Ok, bunch of updates, been editing the original post as I go.
With a bit of help from kefka95 we should be able to make the dialogue appear without the use of the cheatmenu.
I've also been adding info.

I still need to determine which (castle) villages belong to which towns. Then we simply take the number of villages and multiply the other fields by them to come up with the total production as well as resource consumers. Besides the intended purpose it also will make one hell of an indepth tradeguide.

Right now I am going to use this post to **** around with tables so I can figure out how to cleanup the 3 tables presented so bear with me...
Damnit Jim! I'm a system administrator not a website developer!

TestesTestes2Testes3Testes4
Test tickle 1Test tickle 2Test tickle 3Test tickle 4

Ahhh...ok, that wasn't all that hard. Just a pain in the ass.
HTML for dummies, I read it like 20 years ago, it's all coming back to me now...

Nice

Have you noticed if the prices for each workshop change from city to city?
And how much do they cost?

Is the cost affected by your relationship with the town (like goods are)?
Is the construction cost/time be reduced by engineering (like village/town enhancements)?

Will certainly try this out, have been working on my relationship with Tulga for some time now, up to 45 from doing guild missions and winning tourneys.

HitMoose said:
Nice

Have you noticed if the prices for each workshop change from city to city?
And how much do they cost?
Falcon Critical said:
Is the cost affected by your relationship with the town (like goods are)?
Is the construction cost/time be reduced by engineering (like village/town enhancements)?

Will certainly try this out, have been working on my relationship with Tulga for some time now, up to 45 from doing guild missions and winning tourneys.

Not as far as I could tell but I did not test well for prices (or check scripts) . I believe your relationship with the town modifies it.
Engineering does not affect it. It is built immediately and you can go visit your shop and talk to your foreman, but it takes 7 days before it is operational and he will tell you as much. After that when you go back you get the full menu to interact with him.

I edited the tables so they are readable and also added a few notes. Honorable mention to Tyrannicide who although sent me the tables edited about 10 min after I finished them myself, I still appreciate the effort :grin:

Still looking for which villages are assigned to which towns initially, since that is when they are assigned their resources even if they change hands later. I am pretty sure it goes by nearest although depending if faction overrides it or not then there would be some differences (for instance Jamiche is definitly closest to Shariz but does it go across factions? And then if it doesn't, is that as the crow flies or not...like it could be Veluca or Jelkala depending on having to go around the mountain range being counted or not)

Would it be possible to work out by watching where the villagers from the castle villages go on the world map? Could just wait around next to the village until a group appears, then follow them to see where they go.

Velax said:
Would it be possible to work out by watching where the villagers from the castle villages go on the world map? Could just wait around next to the village until a group appears, then follow them to see where they go.

Yes, and if I can't find it in the modules I will do that.
When all else fails, brute force it is.

Not that it has anything to do with businesses (cause deli that makes cole slaw isn't a choice) but it does have to do with trade and economy.
I can't find where number of gardens are set either; which is what determines cabbage production. Not that anyone realy gives a rats ass about cabbage.

Ok, so here is the script where the var is set (update_village_market_towns):
Code:
try_for_range ":cur_village" villages_begin villages_end
  store_faction_of_party ":village_faction" ":cur_village"
  assign ":min_dist" 999999
  assign ":min_dist_town" -1
  try_for_range ":cur_town" towns_begin towns_end
    store_faction_of_party ":town_faction" ":cur_town"
    eq ":town_faction" ":village_faction"
    store_distance_to_party_from_party ":cur_dist" ":cur_village" ":cur_town"
    lt ":cur_dist" ":min_dist"
    assign ":min_dist" ":cur_dist"
    assign ":min_dist_town" ":cur_town"
  try_end
  try_begin
    gt ":min_dist_town" -1
    party_set_slot ":cur_village" slot_village_market_town ":min_dist_town"
  else_try
    assign ":min_dist" 999999
    assign ":min_dist_town" -1
    try_for_range ":cur_town" towns_begin towns_end
      store_faction_of_party ":town_faction" ":cur_town"
      store_relation ":relation" ":town_faction" ":village_faction"
      ge ":relation" 0
      store_distance_to_party_from_party ":cur_dist" ":cur_village" ":cur_town"
      lt ":cur_dist" ":min_dist"
      assign ":min_dist" ":cur_dist"
      assign ":min_dist_town" ":cur_town"
    try_end
    gt ":min_dist_town" -1
    party_set_slot ":cur_village" slot_village_market_town ":min_dist_town"
  try_end
try_end

I don't have a solid grasp on M&B scripting (or Python script in general for that matter) but from what little I understand the shortest distance and the faction are variables in that formula. Although how and to what degree I can't determine at the moment, maybe tomorrow when I am fresh.

It's been a while since I did much coding, but from what I can tell that code cycles through every village, and for each individual village it cycles through every town and assigns the one that is closest and of the same faction as the "market town". If no town exists that has the same faction as the village, the market town will be set to the closest town whose faction has relations greater than or equal to 0 with the village's faction. So I guess the closest town of a faction they're not at war with.

I guess the only thing left to work out would be how "distance" is calculated - whether it's as the crow flies or walking distance. That information would probably be wherever the store_distance_to_party_from_party function is.

Before you go, how did you find that code? I can find the update_village_market_towns function, but it's just a bunch of numbers.

Now this is sounds like what I've been wanting. A way to make investments and hopefully get an actual return on them in the foreseeable future. It is strange that they haven't activated it yet though, but nice find anyway. I'll definitely have to play around with it and see if it breaks anything. 

Edit: I got to looking and found this:

Code:
  [anyone,"mayor_investment_possible",[
  (ge, "$cheat_mode", 3)
  ], "{!}CHEAT: Yes, we're playtesting this feature, and you're in cheat mode. Go right ahead.", "mayor_investment_advice",[
  ]]

no point really, I just thought it was funny. And apparently they're play testing that feature, so that's good news.

Yeah I glanced through that part of the code while checking the module system. As someone who prefers to build up his town rather than go to war, I would welcome this feature immensely.

Back
Top Bottom