Users who are viewing this thread

+1

It would be awesome if you could also upgrade your camp.

Maybe something like
Better tents -> morale boost while camping
Better healing tent -> when camping boost to healing process while camping
Better fortifications -> some defence structures if attacked while camping.
etc

I'm also been thinking about some kind permanent camps or hideouts for you to build and upgrade if you wanna play that kind of nomad role. :cool:
It will be nice, on top of that if you have really high engineering skill you'll have an option to build a fort, that will take some time to build like siege preparation.
if you leave it for several days it will deteriorate and destroy it self.

I think camps would be a great feature, especially if there was an intersection with the Medicine and Scouting skills.Maybe even things you can train or purchase to upgrade your camp to intersect with the Smithing or Sieging skills.

Depending on what is added to the game later on, it could also be interesting to be able to leave your party camping somewhere and leave alone or only with your companions and/or a few chosen troop in a very small party with a maximum of 20 units or so, including yourself.

For example, in a recent reply on my post about splitting the relations system into 3 different Relation Gauges, I mentioned and suggested the possibility of creating the need of diplomatically requesting for Military Access to Clans and Kingdoms so as not to lose Clan Affinity or International Relations with them.
So you'd either send for a messenger requesting for a conference or leave your party or your army camping outside of their borders, leave the camp with your companions and/or a small group of troops totaling no more than 20 units including yourself, meet with the Leader or King of that territory to request for Military Access and then go back to the camp and resume control of your party/army.
In case you requested for a conference and it got accepted, a quest would be created stating when and where that conference would be held, and if it were to be inside their territory, you'd also have to leave your party/army camped somewhere and go with only a small group of troops.

I'm a huge fan of Viking Conquest, so I really wish we get a modified version of the hideout/camp/troop quarter system from that in Bannerlord.

We already have to build siege camp, so building a camp as a temporary base of operation would be really nice. In my head, it would work like this:

- You spend sometime building a camp, after that you can rest, heal faster than just waiting outside, train troops, do other stuffs, talk and interact with other commanders in your army, etc.. (speaking of which, how dumb it is that you cannot skill up and change the equipment of your companions by talking to them when they are in their own parties... They are right there! Why even restrict levelling up companions to the ones in your party in the first place? I seriously have little to no interaction with more than half of my companion roster!)

- You can leave troops in the camp and go out with only a small band of men (similar to how Troop quarter works in VC). You need to leave a commander behind (whether companion or vassal). If you leave them for too long, they start to desert the camp, the time is modified by your companion's and your own Leadership skill. Also camp can be attacked and seized. This is to prevent the camp from being a permanent base of operation that can be left behind on their own indefinitely.

- Add this ability for AI, too. So if they have a lot of wounded troops, they would set up camp and rest, and you can choose to attack them in their camp.

- You can choose to pack up the camp or leave it behind to come back later, so you don't have to build it again. Maybe the empty camp would be fine for a day or two, but would start to deteriorate over time, and you have to fix it. Maybe, both the player and the AIs can take over empty camp! For example, a resting army spot a much larger army, so they just take off and run away, without dismantling their camp, which fall into the hand of their enemy.

- Limit the number of camp at a time. Maybe you have to buy camping supply, a full pack of tents, bedding, etc.., that weight a ton, so you can't bring a lot of them. Or just straight up limit you to 1 camping supply at a time. So if you want a camp elsewhere, you have to pack up and get the camping supply back.

...This is a lot to ask, isn't it..

I'm a huge fan of Viking Conquest, so I really wish we get a modified version of the hideout/camp/troop quarter system from that in Bannerlord.

We already have to build siege camp, so building a camp as a temporary base of operation would be really nice. In my head, it would work like this:

- You spend sometime building a camp, after that you can rest, heal faster than just waiting outside, train troops, do other stuffs, talk and interact with other commanders in your army, etc.. (speaking of which, how dumb it is that you cannot skill up and change the equipment of your companions by talking to them when they are in their own parties... They are right there! Why even restrict levelling up companions to the ones in your party in the first place? I seriously have little to no interaction with more than half of my companion roster!)

- You can leave troops in the camp and go out with only a small band of men (similar to how Troop quarter works in VC). You need to leave a commander behind (whether companion or vassal). If you leave them for too long, they start to desert the camp, the time is modified by your companion's and your own Leadership skill. Also camp can be attacked and seized. This is to prevent the camp from being a permanent base of operation that can be left behind on their own indefinitely.

- Add this ability for AI, too. So if they have a lot of wounded troops, they would set up camp and rest, and you can choose to attack them in their camp.

- You can choose to pack up the camp or leave it behind to come back later, so you don't have to build it again. Maybe the empty camp would be fine for a day or two, but would start to deteriorate over time, and you have to fix it. Maybe, both the player and the AIs can take over empty camp! For example, a resting army spot a much larger army, so they just take off and run away, without dismantling their camp, which fall into the hand of their enemy.

- Limit the number of camp at a time. Maybe you have to buy camping supply, a full pack of tents, bedding, etc.., that weight a ton, so you can't bring a lot of them. Or just straight up limit you to 1 camping supply at a time. So if you want a camp elsewhere, you have to pack up and get the camping supply back.

Really good suggestion i love it, i was writing something similar with the deteriorate thing.
As i said it adds so much, especially if your faction does not have any perks in winter, so you can just winter in the camp and go again in summer.

Even better would be upgrading your camps to be semi-defendable fortresses. Would take longer to set up, require a perk or something. Upgrade it enough and you could even set up training camps of your own! Cannot wait to truly RP a nomadic tribe.

Honestly I think (or naively hope) the devs are well aware of the true potential of Mount and Blade, they had a lot of time to gather ideas from Warband community suggestions and mods, and now they're not working on another game either so this is their chance to make the Bannerlord we always dreamed of.

Yes, camps should make a return. They would also be a cool battle map for when you attack/your camp gets attacked. And OFC the powerful stronghold permanent camps of VC would be fantastic. Particularly in a game with "Romans," who used strongholds all the time in their conquests, the empowered camps would be perfect for the setting.

Hello, I have been following the forum for a few years, but I have never interacted before, and only now have I decided to create an account, lel.

Well, I would like to give a suggestion of content to be added to the game, sorry for any spelling mistakes, I don't speak English, I'm using the translator.

I am a huge fan of games that give you the freedom to play your own character, and nothing more satisfying than feeling that I really am part of that universe. That said, I missed the "Camp" menu at Bannerlord. I would very much like to see an interactive camp that, in the midst of battle campaigns, going from one castle to another, had the option of camping in the middle of the field as we did in the warband, and that we could have the option to enter this camp, like a castle or village in world map, with tents, a few dozen soldiers from my party, board games, and makeshift training targets, duels, and why not have a beer with your men? It would be very immersive, besides, of course, to keep the options of features, (read a book, spend a night, things that would have in the warband). For players like me, it would be an incredible experience.

Yes, camps should make a return. They would also be a cool battle map for when you attack/your camp gets attacked. And OFC the powerful stronghold permanent camps of VC would be fantastic. Particularly in a game with "Romans," who used strongholds all the time in their conquests, the empowered camps would be perfect for the setting.
I am not sure about permanent camp, but really good fortified is a great idea,

@andycott
I dont like the idea of building your own fief from a warband camping site tho. I just want the "set up camp" option again with associated tasks available of things to do there.

Like the OP suggest camps should even go further than in Warband.
I want to block chocepoints on the campaign map with my camp. Let me go hunting.

@Zydrate I like the idea of building your own fief. But I don't like the idea of pitching camp anywhere on the map and then building your own fief from that. If that was possible what's stopping the player from building a camp into a thief right next to a major town. The nuances of it just don't make sense for that kind of feature. I shared it in another thread about how building your own fief could be possible from preset Locations that are for the player to build a new fief. But allowing to build a fief willy-nilly anywhere on the map is not something I think would even be applicable as a standard feature.

Back
Top Bottom