[BoP: Archives] Balance of Power: Riflemerc ^_^'s Revenge: 2028

Users who are viewing this thread

So should we consider this officially abandoned (aka should we discuss all our back room deals)? It's a pity I didn't get to see the results of the Olympics, as I'm curious how the theme worked out.

Well, now my wife is going through MEPC because we believe, with her being older, it may be more beneficial for her to do her active service first. In any case, between work and sorting out a lot of life decisions consider the game dead.

I'm very sorry about that.

Confessions of the Russian Union

Game Strategy:

My goal was, frankly, to take over the world. It's a bold move in a game with 20+ people and major powers stronger than Russia, but I believed it was achievable. And it was, really. I needed to knock out China, the UK, and the USA, and from then it would be easy. I'd say that during this game, I achieved my goals. It's a serious shame that I couldn't play it through and face further challenges, and enjoy myself as other nations banded together to fight me off, but it is what it is. I made some very intelligent moves and some very dumb moves, but all-in-all it resulted in a hell of an experience for me and hopefully for everyone else. I consider my actions in this game a success, because compared to what I was given I certainly made the most of it. I knew that in a game with many small powers and a few large ones, I would need the small powers on my side. I succeeded in that measure.

With a whole array of pawns, I was able to compensate in every single possible way for what Russia did not have in its card. My income was rubbish, so through my alliances I secured loans and trades that ended extremely profitably for me.

Now, let's get down to the dirty bits and the ways and measures of how I accomplished my goals.

Starting Actions:

I sunk my navy for a massive amount of resources, as my credits were rubbish and I had to compensate by selling resources and by having a smaller military upkeep. I figured my top priority for the moment was China - I could always rebuild my navy later.

I quickly hit Central Asia when nobody was looking. I nabbed all of the oil and natural gas. Nobody really noticed.

I sent everyone 'secret alliance' invitations. These would be the allies I would call in if Puppy launched a surprise attack. Colombia, the Netherlands, Germany, and a large number of other nations were allied to me, believing they were the only ones. I never intended to care much for these alliances - they were essentially defensive alliances I could use as a tool. In case an allied country was attacked, I could see if the war was beneficial and hop on the bandwagon. I would also get protection and diplomatic support from massive numbers of nations. Here's my alliance list during Turn 1:

Defensive Alliance with China
Secret Alliance with Greece
Secret Alliance with Turkey
Secret Alliance with Germany
Secret Alliance with Sweden
Secret Alliance with Iceland
Secret Alliance with the Netherlands
Secret Alliance with Colombia
Secret Alliance with the US of A

Korea:

This was likely my biggest success this game. Puppy foolishly told me that he was planning to make a pre-emptive attack on Korea. I offered Korea the information for 350 credits. Gaham accepted, paid me the credits and I told him about the attack.

The next turn, Puppy again foolishly told me that he was going to attack Korea the next turn. I, once again, offer Gaham information for 350 credits. He agrees, and I tell him. He asks to buy nukes, in which case I offer 2 for 675 credits paid to me total. Gaham agrees.

But I think - **** is going to happen if Gaham launches those nukes at China? China would get nuked, but they could recover. Or China would capture the ships before they reach Korea. It would be a mess.

So I decide to think more cleverly. I sent one of those nukes to Seoul. If Chinese troops get near Seoul, a secret trigger mechanism would be hit and Seoul would be blown to bits. This incriminated China nicely - and even though the popular response believed Gaham was retarded enough to blow himself up, it hurt China's credibility, and that was my target. This also got Korea incensed about China nuking him, and I managed to get more money from Gaham.

But then Chauser PMs me and Puppy and tells us individually he knows who nuked Seoul. In fact, he knows that I did it, which I confirmed by checking with him. Oh ****.

I offer him nukes and some trade deals I never actually put through for him to tell Puppy it was the USA. He does, and presumably (I'm not sure) nukes Cuba to make it seem as though China did it. I don't think Sushi took the bait, and instead went ape**** on Chauser. Later, Chauser realizes I manipulated him and tries to retract his statement, which only made him look less reliable.

The next turn, Korea sends nukes at China, and I tell him precisely the cities that I want nuked in the south of China. Gaham goes to his grave believing the Russian Union tried to save him.

It was a success on a massive amount of levels. What I gained from this:

- China got hit by multiple nukes.
- Puppy lost all credibility.
- Chauser lost all credibility.
- Sushiman and Chauser had a spat.
- Chauser's intelligence services were revealed, which meant my spies found him out (important during my war with Chauser).
- Russia used this opportunity to start WATA, which was officially an anti-nuke league and also a group of Russia's pawns. Essentially, by nuking Korea I successfully started an anti-nuke league to serve me. It was ****ing hilarious.

Later on, I fund rebels in Tibet and Uyghuristan, causing those states to form, and cut the natural gas pipeline to China, amongst other actions. I enlarge WATA only to attack Chauser with 20 special forces units with 200 credits spent a piece (4000 total).

I had many of my allies believe they were my special informant so that any sort of organized opposition would be difficult to organize.

Anywho, that was that. I was actually planning to be pretty nice to my loyal allies, so long as they didn't stand in my way. I was very generous with Leoven, and helped out MaHuD and BlackTide as well. Shatari and I had a close trading relationship, which was amicable. If I ended up successfully taking on the US, then I would have left those allied and loyal countries alone.

Personally, I was getting ready to research bioweapons in secret Antarctican bases, funded by WATA in their quest for improved space worthy Plump Helmets. That was going to be my doomsday weapon in case anyone ever made a move on Australia, though by the sounds of it I would have gotten along fine with Russia. I was more than happy to ally with Eternal and help him take over a huge chunk of Asia, even loaning him troops to aid in his conquest and sending him info on China that the Sneaking Sneaks recovered while performing the search and rescue ops.

I was also rolling in gas (which I never used), fusion generators (which I had no need for, but they were shiny and I had to have them), and I spreading green energy to the third world like crazy. Somalia was about to become a first world nation, and I think South America would have kicked the deforestation habit if I had been able to keep at it.

Oh, and the Olympics were going to be Plump Helmet themed. We even had a mascot and everything. I really wish we could have gotten the results for that. :razz:

I knew about your plans Eternal, but I needed the resources to build the spaceships. But since I presumed that you would only support me for as long as it suited you, I wasn't going to give you anything but that was still some turns away anyway and I could have changed my mind. ^^

MaHuD said:
I knew about your plans Eternal, but I needed the resources to build the spaceships. But since I presumed that you would only support me for as long as it suited you, I wasn't going to give you anything but that was still some turns away anyway and I could have changed my mind. ^^

The plan was that I'd build a massive space complex superweapon capable of destroying anything going into space, primarily targeted against the USA because they had kinetic rods, but also against you in case you betrayed me.

Also, you guys totally helped me out with the whole "referendum!!" idea. The only reason I cared is because Canada was pro-Russia, so a referendum would have resulted in a Russian and Canadian union.

My original plan was to invade Egypt, but then we had a union, so I wasn't really doing anything just bumbling along.

Then the Italians invaded and I never bothered to do anything about it.

I don't remember having a secret alliance with Catholic, I thought that it was well known. I don't recall Catholic ever being that generous or giving me anything at all, aside from Greenland but that was an expected concession. My focus was to expand my energy exports and focus on inhumane research, I was making advances in stem cell research and planned doing some pretty horrible things with it. I was also investing a large amount of my cash into Plasma guns that would revolutionise warfare, as well as a protective plasma shield.

Back
Top Bottom