Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the dates out of your head. This is not 1000 or even 1200. Plate did not exist in 1000. Neither did knights with lances. The longbow hadn't even been invented! The technology is the high middle ages 15th 16th century. The game is, lets put all these factions loosley based on reality and put them together with similar levels of technology. Historical accuracy goes out of the window at that point.

I showed you a screen shot of the south western map below the Aserai....
There're no plate armor in the game.....

Knights existed in 12th century, which is...1100+?

Longbow existed since..... 3,300 BC that's almost 4000 years before 1000 A.D.

The technologies were all there...

And sure, if there're extra space, then I got nothing against adding them in a DLC, like I literally said in my earlier reply...
Actually they did exist in Europe. In England at least.
First of all, not a major faction. Second of all, not in the right time period.

Well what fo we have now? a vaguely english/french based faction, vlandia, a roman faction, the empire, aserai as turkish/oriental faction, khuzait for mongol/hun faction, sturgia for viking/nord/rus faction and battania as celts. they allready are kinda taken out of different time periods. I would love to see an african/egyptian faction, a far east faction, a south american inka faction and an indian faction. Greek based faction would be nice, too. Everyone loves some hoplites.

Gotta agree, the african culture is underrepresented in most games, but that also goes for south american and indian settings. far east, too if you disregard japan. But imho the addition of additional factions will be far in the future... but if there are plans to add more, an african based faction would have my support

Get the dates out of your head. This is not 1000 or even 1200. Plate did not exist in 1000. Neither did knights with lances. The longbow hadn't even been invented! The technology is the high middle ages 15th 16th century. The game is, lets put all these factions loosley based on reality and put them together with similar levels of technology. Historical accuracy goes out of the window at that point.

I showed you a screen shot of the south western map below the Aserai....
Man your historical knowledge is subpar to say the least... Longbows existed well before year 1000. What do you mean by plate? If plate armour then i dont see that in the game, only maille, lamellar. The game is definitely not set in 1400 to 1500 lol what the hell... And normans used heavy mailed knight with a lance and they existed during the year 1000.

There're no plate armor in the game.....

Knights exists in 12th century, which is...1100+?

Longbow existed since..... 3,300 BC that's almost 4000 years before 1000 A.D.

The technologies were all there...

And sure, if there're extra space, then I got nothing against adding them in a DLC, like I literally said in my earlier reply...

First of all, not a major faction. Second of all, not in the right time period.
There is plate armour in the game...

The English longbow which is obviously what it is.....

Cool beanz

Has nothing to do with the post I was replying to which said black people did not exist in europe...

There is plate armour in the game...

The English longbow which is obviously what it is.....

Cool beanz

Has nothing to do with the post I was replying to which said black people did not exist in europe...
There isn't. Trust me. None. No plate armor in the game. Take a screenshot if you found one.

Longbow is longbow, what are you even talking about?

And what do you mean has nothing to do with the post? I was literally replying to every point you made in your post....

And I've pointed out many times how you're wrong as well. Chauvinism is fine and all but truth is far more important.

The Mali Empire, The Songhai Empire, the Great Zimbabwe. Go look those up, my guy. Educate yourself :smile:

Too often in medieval and historical video games, the African civilizations are over looked, when in reality some of their civilizations, like the Berbers and Moors, were vital to the development of the world as we know it. Obviously they wouldn’t be called Berber or Moor or even African, but a clearly African inspired faction would be very unique and offer a more mobile infantry based fighting style. The Aksum, Mali, Djenno Djenne, Eritrea, and Somalians were all medieval civilizations with the same level of advancement, and most fit in the time frame that bannerlord is going for. African armour and shields would be entirely unique, along with some new sword designs like the Ngulu. Please refrain from being ignorant. This thread is not intended for conflict, I want it to be constructive. This thread is meant to get a new culturally significant faction to the game, race is irrelevant.

So. Thank you OP and others for raising some great points. I read the first post of this thread a few minutes after it was created and had a few realizations:
1. When I think of “Medieval” times, I exclusively think of Europe. This is, I believe, something to consider and a huge point OP and others are trying to make. Reading through the thread this is explained better than I would be able to.
2. I knew nothing of the above cultures, or really anything that wasn’t Carthage or Egypt. I’ve spent the past bit reading about the Mali and can’t wait to read explore the remainders listed above.
3. I really signed on to thank you for your post, and helping me add some perspective. Since stepping away to read up I saw this thread take off with responses. I guess I want you to know that at least one person saw this thread, had thier ignorance exposed, and then tried to do something about it.
4. I would love to see this implemented!
5. Signing off to read more :smile:

Edited for typo

This is what you guys fail to understand. Just because something is underrepresented isn't a just cause in of itself for more representation. That must be earned on its own merits. And most of us agree that African troops would be cool. But its annoying reading "oh they were underrepresented." that has no bearing on whether or not they would be a good addition.

Ugh, not fun seeing people call others Racists. I read through almost all of these posts. Going to add my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Would it be cool to have new factions added. Absolutely. Would love it as a DLC. Would I prefer a different faction. Yes. Carthage, some sort of Asian. Yes. Is that Racist? No. Is not having an African faction in the game racist? no. Would I be mad if they added one? No. Any new content would be good.

Hope you all have a nice day. Be nice to each other.

Their team is over a hundred strong at this point, and has been for some time. They ceased being a small studio years ago.

I'm not saying they're bad developers, far from it in fact, but I think we can both agree that they don't work particularly quickly. There's nothing wrong with that, but human lifespans are limited! ?
I hope that Taleworlds will never get bought like most of these independent game making businesses. It'll sadly all go down hill but I have an unfortunate feeling that one day it'll happen. :sad:

Man your historical knowledge is subpar to say the least... Longbows existed well before year 1000. What do you mean by plate? If plate armour then i dont see that in the game, only maille, lamellar. The game is definitely not set in 1400 to 1500 lol what the hell... And normans used heavy mailed knight with a lance and they existed during the year 1000.
Your level of ignorance is mind boggling. Do you get your historical knowledge from films and tv? If you know anything about the battle of Hastings you would know that the Norman knights were skirmishers. Light cavalry in game. They did not charge they harassed until the Saxon formation broke and gave up the high ground. The heavy cavalry in game are more like those used during the 100 years war such as at the battle of agincourt, 14th century. lmfao

Don't listen to the historical accuracy pedants. They're worse than grammar nerds. An African themed faction would be cool as hell, but there's about a .0001% chance that Taleworlds would add an entirely new faction in at this stage. It probably would take them another year of development to implement and balance it. Though I bet making them a minor faction seems doable. They'd fit right into the Aserai lands without upsetting game balance too much.

The entire map of Calradia that's hidden in the game files is massive. What we see in game is probably less than a quarter of the total landmass, so there is a possibility that there'll one day be a DLC that expands the world and adds new cultures. Would be great to see African and Asian cultures in the game one day. Until then, there's always mods

Your level of ignorance is mind boggling. Do you get your historical knowledge from films and tv? If you know anything about the battle of Hastings you would know that the Norman knights were skirmishers. Light cavalry in game. They did not charge they harassed until the Saxon formation broke and gave up the high ground. The heavy cavalry in game are more like those used during the 100 years war such as at the battle of agincourt, 14th century. lmfao
Wrong again. Cavalry charge were recorded as soon as 1081 during the battle of Dyrrhachium. And calvary charges were used during the first crusade which is around 1090.
So far, everything you said have been on some level of wrong lol...

You realize this is a fantasy game right? A fantasy game made by turkish developers? Youre doing alot of wanting but not alot of DOING. Maybe learn how to mod and create your own faction because this wont be a DLC and I doubt it will be a mod. African kingdoms were entirely irrelevant in this time frame on their connection to world history. Stop crying
Wrong. Just really wrong. Not worth my time. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom