Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

No, he's just lucid. Many new AND old people say it, look at the previous posts.
Rhetorical.
Not to mention the silent majority which allows Bannerlord to regularly be in the top 100 most played games on Steam.
I still don't understand this comparison, just because it's top of some chart on some platform =/= complete game.
For a team 4 times smaller than the studios you like to mention, we are far from the disaster constantly reported, and the developers are far from deserving this ambient lack of respect.
Again, however many devs are on the game, whether it's 2 or 2000, =/= level of respect or expectations. It's earned and regarded by each individual. If I (and many others here) don't see it, we don't; you do. Both are valid.
The reason it's not a disaster is because, as you say, it's '4 times smaller' than other studios and all the politics/mess involved with that.
We give leeway because it's still a relatively niche genre. If this game, as it was and currently is, had Bethesda/EA/Blizzard on the splash screen vs Taleworlds, I can only imagine how ridiculously outrageous the feedback would be; far beyond this forum's 'disrespect'.
If you had coded just once in your life on a very large project you would understand. Unfortunately many here prefer the position of the king customer, it's so much easier to complain... It's sad but also in keeping with today's world.
Again, these are always ridiculous fallbacks in this context. So if I don't code, I can't possibly understand the glaring mismanagement/development hell in the background of this game for the past ~4 years; or the hesitant anxiety of TW with their update info? Look at this second beta patch (as still TBD going live), constant bug/fix/crashes, stat adjustments reverting to patches from years ago then back again, new updates reintroducing 'resolved' bugs again, etc...it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I didn't say the game didn't need anything. But to expect large content drops after a game is released seems a bit far fetched. Looking at other games out there such is at large tied to dlc's etc. People been name dropping Paradox earlier and they are a prime example of such.
There's a difference between content drops and finishing the systems they had in place prior to 'official' release; or even to the features that were delayed until post-launch that they only added recently that also need to be fixed/fleshed out better. Workshops function as intended? Perks? Do policy modifiers work? Is voting actually impactful? FoW adjustments? AI back to being good in tournaments this round of patches? Cavalry combat? 50% of patch still fixing crashes/bugs? Lords insta-die saving from prison? Towns still fail-scading with the 'economy'? Battania doomed as intended?

I don't care about 'new' content, fix and complete the ones that were in since EA 4 years ago, and all the other ones they had added since. They want to discuss DLC? Usually those are after the base game is complete; a base game where it's not just checking off the feature list; make it actually a part of the 'game'.
If TW wants to think what they released a year ago was that base game (which they clearly did), and all the features therein were as intended; that is a very, very low-standard.

Game should've stayed in EA for more, they rushed it for whatever reasons. Even EA, when it came out around start of COVID, was rushed out for whatever reasons (as I doubt the devs wanted it out that early).

Hi everyone, an update in regards to the v1.2.x version series Live release.
Finally, as 1.2.5 grew larger than expected, the previous November cross-platform release estimate will likely not be met. Having said that, this month still saw significant progress towards a release in the next few weeks. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and continued support as we strive to deliver a stable and well-rounded patch.

A big thank you to everyone who has provided feedback, reported a bug or uploaded a dump report.

You say the updates gonna release in November, and all of your fans finally breathe a sigh of relief and now your saying it ain't coming in November. Don't give estimates for a release date ever again what a joke

I was affraid that the release estimate of November would not be met as the 1.2.5 just went to Beta. Ty for letting us know Dejan and Piconi. I speak only for myself, i was ready for the 1.2 update and still will be when it comes out. Grtz Vaan.

try to give me a single reason why the betas can't come out on consoles too? Why is this continued support for only PC players?
The purpose of the beta is to support development. It does so by allowing us to collect feedback on much less stable and performant builds that do not offer save game continuity. Similarly, we can respond to such reports with a faster turnaround for these reasons and because we do not have to prepare, test, and optimize each build across a range of platforms. Even if the Steam beta version appears stable and performant to you - it does not mean that the build achieves this across all platforms. As long as more significant changes are still taking place, such platform-specific optimization efforts can easily be invalidated - which would further increase overall release times as the same work would need to be done several times.
You say the updates gonna release in November, and all of your fans finally breathe a sigh of relief and now your saying it ain't coming in November. Don't give estimates for a release date ever again what a joke
Community Tales #3 said:
Barring any unforeseen issues or events, we expect to release the series to Live on all platforms in November.
As the scope of v1.2.5 grew larger than expected - we postponed our release. Most of our fellow forum members want to see more communication and we have been working on that - including patch release estimates.

Not giving any estimates for a release date is what TW did in the 4 months before that and it was really frustrating.

If you would have followed the development process of 1.2.x it was rather obvious, that the November-release was a rather close call with a good chance of being missed.

Is the missing of a promised release-date something TW should be recommended and praised for?
No.

But now demanding that they go back to silence-treatment that they gave the community before, that's even worse and plain stupid.

As the scope of v1.2.5 grew larger than expected - we postponed our release. Most of our fellow forum members want to see more communication and we have been working on that - including patch release estimates.
I'm of 2 minds in this case...

The immature petty and embittered side of me wants to lol at this announcement and crow how "I knew it" all along. That's not productive, or generous at all.

The more mature and thoughtful side of me realizes that not so long ago there would have been no statement at all. Whether due to cowardice or ineptitude there would have been radio silence. So with that in mind, this announcement is a step forward and I will take it as such.

Thank you for the communication. I hope things continue to go in this direction. Have a great day, and I hope you guys manage to squash any bugs before Christmas.

I'm of 2 minds in this case...

The immature petty and embittered side of me wants to lol at this announcement and crow how "I knew it" all along. That's not productive, or generous at all.

The more mature and thoughtful side of me realizes that not so long ago there would have been no statement at all. Whether due to cowardice or ineptitude there would have been radio silence. So with that in mind, this announcement is a step forward and I will take it as such.

Thank you for the communication. I hope things continue to go in this direction. Have a great day, and I hope you guys manage to squash any bugs before Christmas.
I absolutly agree with this statement.

New beta 1.2.5 bug. Brother's skills and perks are auto assigned even though the auto assign box is unchecked. This really makes big brother a lot less valuable.

The purpose of the beta is to support development. It does so by allowing us to collect feedback on much less stable and performant builds that do not offer save game continuity. Similarly, we can respond to such reports with a faster turnaround for these reasons and because we do not have to prepare, test, and optimize each build across a range of platforms. Even if the Steam beta version appears stable and performant to you - it does not mean that the build achieves this across all platforms. As long as more significant changes are still taking place, such platform-specific optimization efforts can easily be invalidated - which would further increase overall release times as the same work would need to be done several times.

Noticed this, and its nice to see you guys being more transparent.

Isn't that what mods is for? Should things I would like to see be added to the game be added just because I want it, and damn anyone else that wouldn't like it?

I didn't say the game didn't need anything. But to expect large content drops after a game is released seems a bit far fetched. Looking at other games out there such is at large tied to dlc's etc. People been name dropping Paradox earlier and they are a prime example of such.
Mods are here because some studios want to solidify a community around that kind of feature.

But it doesn't mean a mod isn't worth integrating because it is the result of some isolated players wishes with good development skills (another way to define "modders", I guess).

By allowing a community to create and release mods freely, you will draw players attention around a bunch of well made ones. If a mod is popular and too good to be ignored (want a top 10 list ?) you create needs.

I started playing Bannerlord in it's vanilla state and I really enjoyed it. In fact, the vanilla game hooked me in no time. But at some point it became dull, I was done grinding always the same things. I just wanted more possibilities and new features. I ended up finding mods because I hated seeing clones, I found many cool mods until I realised "ok, Bannerlord is definitely unfinished". Suddenly I had needs.

If TW is annoyed to see players (like me) asking for new features, sometimes by sharing random mods links (as I do), then maybe they should cut the flow and stop supporting modding for good ? Or blocking too demanding players on this forum ? Maybe both ? I genuinely don't know.

Good thing this isn't the case for the moment. A modder forum section even exists on this very forum and Steam/Nexus pages are florishing, with the promise of even more cool ideas (and needs) in the futur.

So yeah, players won't look away and pretend Bannerlord doesn't need new features that easy.

But no one is asking for "large content drops". TW doesn't have to release a patch out the blue with tons of new stuff in a row. First, there are good signs they are simply unable to do so, secondly, I'm pretty sure this isn't what people are asking. Things could be done step by step. 1.2.0 was the perfect example for this. We just need more 1.2.0-like patchs.

I wouldn't mind a DLC as well, as long as it's content is worth paying for.

Someone talked about balancing problem:

Yes, new features means caring about a right balance...kind of obvious point.

Good news ! Unlike modders working on their spare time Taleworlds is a video game company that has hired professional devs and artists, with a full access of the whole game code, all of this powered by a good amount of ressources. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying Taleworlds is Blizzard or Bethesda, not at all. I'm saying TW has more ressources and manpower than a modder delivering new ideas or improving existing features, in his bedroom.

But hey, before balancing anything, new features must to be added, tested, beta tested, with feedbacks.

We can't balance properly what doesn't exist yet (or only through mods).

So far, the only thing we can do is...guessing indefinitely if that thing will be or not balanced, usually with an unbalanced mod version as reference. Not good enough.

Stop discussing then, just pick a good lore friendly and popular mod, polish it, add it to the game (credit the modder), let's test it together and see how it goes. It's not black magic.

Imagine every game company saying "oh we won't add new content because we are too afraid this will break the balance". Excuse me ?

I suppose these are just decisions to take (with some good management).

Last edited:
point me the hate?

If you know how to read, learn how to think.

I'm not against releasing for console. AFTER THE GAME IS DONE.

TW needs money and they should take console ppl money too.
you know what you’re right that was out of pocket and uncalled for and I do mean that
But releasing a game to console after it’s done wouldnt really be a smart thing especially with a game as big as bannerlords id still be playing warband in 2023. Like I like that they patch notes state that a lot will and has been fixed but that list of problems won’t get fixed for a while and I for one don’t want to be on console trying to become the 4th musketeer again
I think the comment just came off a tad bit insulting towards the console community which I see your intentions were innocent now so i do apologize

Thanks for reporting on the state of the patch.

I noticed a few small issues in my play as of 1.2.5 the name plates for npcs during conversation seem to have moved to the left. I don't think this was an intended change. As well i have been making a list with screenshots of small issues in scenes and the campaign map i will try to post in support soon (but those have existed for quite some time)

How is the updated combat AI for those who tried it? Do looters, militia, recruits, etc. still block most of your attacks?

I've heard that low tier horse archers (as well as the player and companions with low riding) now can't aim for ****, that the increase in reticle was wayyyy too overdone, is it true?

Hi Dejan, please taking a look at the block system. I don't know the code or how AI work in this game but here's my feeling after playing
The AI can block anything we give them and after a while (several attacks) they will make mistake and that's a chance for player to hit. Same as tavern's boardgame, i played many tavern's board games, AI tend to couter all trick and will make mistake after awhile.
Back to tournament, some say it's easier some say it's harder, I have both feeling, sometimes cataphract with 130one handed fighting like a chicken and sometimes a soldier with 70 one handed fighting like Achiles, I use feint attack, bait them too, but as long as they in the "perfect condition" there is no chance to win except we cheese the attack by running around, but when they fall into "making mistake condition" they will be vurnable

How is the updated combat AI for those who tried it? Do looters, militia, recruits, etc. still block most of your attacks?

I've heard that low tier horse archers (as well as the player and companions with low riding) now can't aim for ****, that the increase in reticle was wayyyy too overdone, is it true?
I'm not saying i'm pro in combat in bannerlord but after 1k hours my skills are not bad, and u know what ? AI now randomly, i don't know what happen but a guy with 70 one handed swing as fast as a lord with 300 coombat skill, some time a tier 5 troops with 130 one handed very easy to take down, this is my feeling in tournament. If u reach round 3, u will fight with Hector and Achiles. 1.2.5 btw
my companion with 55 riding skill shoot her bow same range as looter's rock

Back
Top Bottom