Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

playthrough last 40 or 50 years
40 years is absolutely incomprehensible to me. Taking so long meaning you're making painfully slow progress while doing the same thing over and over again. I bet the overwhelming majority of players just quits in this scenario, so this whole dynasty mechanic "works" for an extremely small percentage of the playerbase.

but I have no idea how much faster.
As a vassal of some existing kingdom you can conquer the entire world in about 12 years. Don't know how long it takes if you create your own kingdom, but I presume it's similar to previous versions, so around 5 years longer. That's 17 years - still not enough to see your kids grow up.

The whole dynasty mechanic is horrifically balanced and entirely pointless.

I've managed to play this beta for like a 1/3 of a run, got to say the game became more stable and there was instances it loaded faster. Keep up the good work!

As a vassal of some existing kingdom you can conquer the entire world in about 12 years. Don't know how long it takes if you create your own kingdom, but I presume it's similar to previous versions, so around 5 years longer. That's 17 years - still not enough to see your kids grow up.

Well on an average game I'll conquer the world in 20 years, but you can also put the difficulty higher and just play the game alot slower in general, or just leave your empire and start another

40 years is absolutely incomprehensible to me. Taking so long meaning you're making painfully slow progress while doing the same thing over and over again. I bet the overwhelming majority of players just quits in this scenario, so this whole dynasty mechanic "works" for an extremely small percentage of the playerbase.

What can I say? I was/am a newbie (a couple hundred hours, or something like that, but only 1.5 playthroughs); sieges take a long time; I didn't want to be homeless after creating a kingdom so I took my time to make sure I could handle the Aserai after breaking away from the Battanians; and I was fighting uphill for a long while. Eventually, near the end, I did get annoyed at the whack-a-mole and idiot friendly A.I. and just let it auto-play for a few years until I finished off the remaining castles of the... Western Empire, who had united the eastern half of Calradia. I had grandkids on their way via my second generation's siblings lol. Ideally, the A.I. should be tuned to be intelligent enough that no game is completable to unification (barring riding on the coattails of an established country) in less than 30 years, so I'm not looking forward to actually being competent enough to complain that games end too fast.

When was the last time you did this? What difficulty, and did you reload if things went wrong? I can't say I did a true "iron man" since I did reload to get married for the first generation in the beginning but I dealt with my own incompetency (baring crashes, which were annoyingly common and routine) the hard way since I find that way more fun. I can't remember the eccentric difficulty names but I know I set the settings to hardest in most or all cases since I didn't want unfair advantages against the A.I. or for them to be anything but their best.

Regardless, it's THE defining mechanic that separates Bannerlord from Warband for me. Everything else is essentially just a new version of what was done before; life/death cycles, having kids, playing on as one of them, etc. is totally new and there's no other game like Bannerlord as a result.

I agree with this takes too long for children to come to age. It would be nice if they could have like a 2.0 multiplier for children to age until they are 18

I also take my time while doing my runs, I had runs joining a kingdom on T3 clan. Had runs when I did trading and protecting caravans for a long time, you know you can RP some stuff. Would be cool to add more neutral mechanics, but i'd settle for better diplomacy honestly!

The sandbox is there, can't wait to see what modders will do with it

Well on an average game I'll conquer the world in 20 years, but you can also put the difficulty higher and just play the game alot slower in general, or just leave your empire and start another
thats a fast conquest thats means ya not playing how i would play it

i play the game on console very differently realistic damage for everyone and have all hero death of.
i take my time leveling up a bit at the start then doing lots of quests and duels waiting for the 1st rebel faction to show up and be very selective in who i marry my brothers with. with lots of save and reload if not all 3 get pregnant within 7 days in a city. its irritating tho because i do smith that time sometimes non got pregnant afther an hour so all that smelting was for nothing constantly.

then the female kids are born to be gouverneurs. noticed that when they marry they get kickt out which is bad so first time i accidentally married the wrong one. had no clue i could rename them back then. i loaded a save of almost 1 hour back. i name the females gouverneurs. the males are just warrior with short names.

then i started the 2-3 or so year war on sturgia they had an army of 1500+ man in a good corner of the map so i attackt it with my 200 guys. reason why good spot is because ya could kill there entire army alone. well only way to win is going alone. all female companions ovetime got placed in there city's was not able to fully kill them of tho... the last 2 city's where in a spot i would lose back then when i would hit it.. later on i took it of a rebel faction. my army size got upped from the 200 i started to 400+

also the most bs part with sturgia the entire faction was almost 100 in happy with me.yeah they fought me but my charisma and the constantly letting them go made there overall aproval of me near 100. that was just so dumb. i am killing there soldiers getting them inprisoned. then letting them go and all of them had like wow this is really a nice person

was a shame tho when i had like 10-12 stats to level 300+ that the game told me hey ya old age might get ya sick then litterly a couple of seconds later the dam game told me i had to pick a different person. screw that reloaded to a save where i wasent that old and stopt playing for several months. my character level was like 45-48 will have to check that save. made a new save where i do the same stuff but marry earlier while waiting on the patch to hit console's. even tho i would like them to seperate something. would like to just not die of old age while still expending the family tree. who cares if i will be 500-600 years old in the time i finish it with my kids and grand+ kids being over 100

forgot something my character is like 67 or 68 years old atm. i only captured on my 1st playthrough with my large big man army 1/3th of the map all because of rebel factions. eventuelly if i wanted to cap a town i would not do quest to clear hideouts and starve them of food. so they would rebel then instantly when they did rebel i would start a battle with the rebel leader because they spawn inside the town and normally atleast 1 pops out of the town instantly waiting to be my prisoner.

Last edited:
i take my time leveling up a bit at the start then doing lots of quests and duels waiting for the 1st rebel faction to show up and be very selective in who i marry my brothers with. with lots of save and reload if not all 3 get pregnant within 7 days in a city. its irritating tho because i do smith that time sometimes non got pregnant afther an hour so all that smelting was for nothing constantly.
I think the current beta patch has made it possible for women to get pregnant while the unit they're in is moving around? If I'm correct, the annoyance of squatting in place for a while hoping to luck out with the dice should be a thing of the past.

also the most bs part with sturgia the entire faction was almost 100 in happy with me.yeah they fought me but my charisma and the constantly letting them go made there overall aproval of me near 100. that was just so dumb. i am killing there soldiers getting them inprisoned. then letting them go and all of them had like wow this is really a nice person

At least if you have a high Medicine guy you're hardly killing anybody, and thus you sparing the lords means you're a (more convincingly) genuinely nice guy who just wants to smack some sense into their thick skulls lol. Yeah, the system's quite simple, at least in Warband certain personalities disliked you even more for sparing them and I can imagine guys who value the lives of their troops being, perhaps, more offended if let go because it makes them wonder what was even the point of the battle (etc. etc).

Still, I do find it funny when people are smiling ear to ear because I'm such a nice guy/lady lol. Makes it easy to buy their submission and flip castles/cities, too, though nowhere near as easily as it was in Warband (I miss Warband, maybe I should play it lol).

was a shame tho when i had like 10-12 stats to level 300+ that the game told me hey ya old age might get ya sick then litterly a couple of seconds later the dam game told me i had to pick a different person. screw that reloaded to a save where i wasent that old and stopt playing for several months. my character level was like 45-48 will have to check that save. made a new save where i do the same stuff but marry earlier while waiting on the patch to hit console's. even tho i would like them to seperate something. would like to just not die of old age while still expending the family tree. who cares if i will be 500-600 years old in the time i finish it with my kids and grand+ kids being over 100
Yeah, my first playthrough, I died at 48 and had to make sure the transition to my daughter as heir was as smooth as possible (I didn't know she'd keep the inventory, for example, or warp to my unit so I was taking precautions to avoid unfortunate outcomes due to ignorance) but I'm quite fond of the generational play and the tragedy of burying yourself and seeing familiar faces depart. I believe her mother lived until right before the playtrhough was over, so that pretty much ended the original generation of my clan.

When new wanderers spawn into the game, they often have 3 across all attributes, regardless of their nickname. Sometimes one of the attributes is +/-1. Is this a known bug or intended? For example "The Shieldmaiden" spawned into my playthrough with her attributes at 4-3-3-3-3-3.

If you want a family dynasty game play crusader kings
if you want hack and slash game play dynasty warrior

or wargame

total war, or go back to you COD

If you want a real discussion, think before saying. Just because you don't like a feature in the game doesn't mean have to be useless to everybody, because there's people excited for the new stuff

Last edited:
if you want hack and slash game play dynasty warrior

or wargame

total war, or go back to you COD

If you want a real discussion, think before saying. Just because you don't like a feature in the game doesn't mean have to be useless to everybody, because there's people excited for the new stuff

Put in another way then. If you want dynasty building as in CK3...... then don't playt Bannerlord. There is a lot of things people might want to have added to the game, or expanded, but not all of it would fit with the game. In CK3 such works, because you have thousands of characters, and the world map is HUGE.

The more chill down family dynamics of Bannerlord works in the scope of the game imho. Large part of the players probably never experience their first, or second generation though, as they either did rush to pain the map, or got bored and started a new campaign. (or found something else to play).

When new wanderers spawn into the game, they often have 3 across all attributes, regardless of their nickname. Sometimes one of the attributes is +/-1. Is this a known bug or intended? For example "The Shieldmaiden" spawned into my playthrough with her attributes at 4-3-3-3-3-3.

Didn't they make Wanderers spawn at lower levels so you had better control over their development? Might be wrong though.

Didn't they make Wanderers spawn at lower levels so you had better control over their development? Might be wrong though.
Possibly, but that's not related to what I am saying. I am saying that the initial spawn of wonderers when you start the game has the usuall attribute point distribution for wanderers. So "Shieldmaiden" has 6 in vigor. But if the shieldmaiden dies or does not spawn initially, then when she spawns in the middle of a playthrough, she comes with all 3's for all attributes. (sometimes 4 for vigor). This is true of all the wanderers, not just shieldmaiden, I used her as an example

I'd call it a placeholder than a chill down version.

Lets see... You can have kids. They grow up, you can turn them into party leaders, govenors, mold one into your heir for when you pass...You can arrange marriages to help grow your own clan and clans in your kingdom.

So exactly placeholder for what?

Lets see... You can have kids. They grow up, you can turn them into party leaders, govenors, mold one into your heir for when you pass...You can arrange marriages to help grow your own clan and clans in your kingdom.

My thoughts exactly, when did such stuff become placeholder, by that logic the hole game is a big placeholder :grin:

I think the current beta patch has made it possible for women to get pregnant while the unit they're in is moving around? If I'm correct, the annoyance of squatting in place for a while hoping to luck out with the dice should be a thing of the past.
yep but thats still going to be a flip of a coin if they get pregnant or not now that ik ya can die i want as many kids as i can shoot out. before i activate the no aging button. prefferly enough daughters to have a conquest over the entire map. thats pretty much there only use. if they marry ya lose them so why let them get married. the man are able to increase ya work force because of that system. kinda dumb its not the case for the players daughters. but then again i would have a harder pick to place gouverneurs in city's if that was the case.

At least if you have a high Medicine guy you're hardly killing anybody, and thus you sparing the lords means you're a (more convincingly) genuinely nice guy who just wants to smack some sense into their thick skulls lol. Yeah, the system's quite simple, at least in Warband certain personalities disliked you even more for sparing them and I can imagine guys who value the lives of their troops being, perhaps, more offended if let go because it makes them wonder what was even the point of the battle (etc. etc).

Still, I do find it funny when people are smiling ear to ear because I'm such a nice guy/lady lol. Makes it easy to buy their submission and flip castles/cities, too, though nowhere near as easily as it was in Warband (I miss Warband, maybe I should play it lol).
oh yeah medicine skill is always high for me. 1st playthrough i was the main medicine person for my army while others coverdt the rest. no longer the case 100% me only unless leveling up a daughter/companion that cannot marry/have kids

and i always spare lords i might inprison them because why not. then i would capture there city's sell them making sure none escaped. then when the last 1 was left in my party that i did not sell. lets make peace. then would go to the next city of sturgia. and hey there is lord nearby hey how ya doing wanna trade.. oke done they got 0 gold lefft. so lets fight. ahh look at that big smile on there face. then couple of battle's of farming later captured city sold them of and hey lets make peace.
Yeah, my first playthrough, I died at 48 and had to make sure the transition to my daughter as heir was as smooth as possible (I didn't know she'd keep the inventory, for example, or warp to my unit so I was taking precautions to avoid unfortunate outcomes due to ignorance) but I'm quite fond of the generational play and the tragedy of burying yourself and seeing familiar faces depart. I believe her mother lived until right before the playtrhough was over, so that pretty much ended the original generation of my clan.
i kinda hate it sure keep it in but give players an option to disable that. for pc players modders or just adjusting the file's can go along way
yes pc player had this option for along time but it also disabeld the ability to grow ya clan.. reason why its better to just reset ya age of companions and player every now and thn when its close.

for consoles' they dont have this option yet only when this patch gets live will console's get the crappy option to disable aging and birth.
i would have liked it better if they seperated this for both pc an console to like.
1.no death by aging for all clan members and companions including yourself.
2.an option to disable births for player and clan.
3.option to disable age death by factions.
4.option to disable births to factions.

yep but thats still going to be a flip of a coin if they get pregnant or not now that ik ya can die i want as many kids as i can shoot out. before i activate the no aging button. prefferly enough daughters to have a conquest over the entire map. thats pretty much there only use. if they marry ya lose them so why let them get married. the man are able to increase ya work force because of that system. kinda dumb its not the case for the players daughters. but then again i would have a harder pick to place gouverneurs in city's if that was the case.

Imho.. When you start a kingdom, your focus change from primary focus on strenght of your clan, to strenght of your kingdom. Having females to marry off to other clans in your own kingdom to make your kingdom stronger is beneficial. There is A LOT of AI nobles in the game that never get married.... If you one of those that promote some companion to become a noble/clan, even more so.

When was the last time you did this? What difficulty, and did you reload if things went wrong?
1.2-beta, Bannerlord difficulty. I only save scummed idiotic peace declarations (I'm on my way to siege the last remaining fief of our enemies, but Derthert wants to make peace? No thanks), but even that proved to be unnecessary, because I could've just raided their villages to start the war again. I ended the game with 40k+ influence, plenty to spare.
I also played pretty sub-optimally for the majority of the campaign, calling only my clan parties in my army and not using parties from other clans.

Just because you can press some buttons does not mean it's not a placeholder. In my book, a system needs to have at least some mechanical complexity and impact on a game in order to be considered "non-placeholder".
Party leaders? You can have 4 additional parties max, these roles can be easily filled by companions.
Governors? Fiefs are almost useless in Bannerlord because there's nothing to do with them. Castles are 100% worthless, and the only purpose of your cities is to give you more party size thanks to "Leader of the masses" perk and having a Forum to farm influence. Governors are useless because fiefs are useless.
Heirs? We've already talked about the fact that an average player conquers the world before any children grow up, let alone having a main character die of old age.
Grow a clan? For what purpose? To see numbers go up?

My thoughts exactly, when did such stuff become placeholder, by that logic the hole game is a big placeholder :grin:
Funny, because it's precisely that

Hi, this is fixed internally and the fix should roll out with the next beta hotfix.

Back
Top Bottom