Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there, by any chance, a rework going on for reinforcement waves and AI regrouping during battles? Currently battles play well until AI receives first wave of reinforcements. Remaining troops retreat to regroup with fresh troops but since new wave spawns so far from them, they get slaughtered on the way... which causes another wave to spawn elsewhere, first wave trying to regroup with them and getting slaughtered themselves without even a proper action, and so on. It just becomes a catch and slice game until AI morale completely breaks off. IMO some tweaks are needed about where reinforcements spawn and where to regroup.

It's starts at the top. I've spoken to a former Dev in Discord, and they basically summarized the following:

- Bad leadership that can't manage projects, inconsistent ideas/vision and doesn't hold the team accountable for underperformance
- Morale is low due to lack of leadership and low wages, resulting in a culture of apathy and just 'milking it'
- Community manager and team disappearing for days and weeks at a time, completely disconnected from their colleagues
that's not a secret.. we can see by how some awesome devs were let go and how some decisions were made.

They still retain a great talent on Duh, and maybe others, but we can easily see how bad of a CEO Taleworld has and poor managers and project leaders they have

Is there, by any chance, a rework going on for reinforcement waves and AI regrouping during battles? Currently battles play well until AI receives first wave of reinforcements. Remaining troops retreat to regroup with fresh troops but since new wave spawns so far from them, they get slaughtered on the way... which causes another wave to spawn elsewhere, first wave trying to regroup with them and getting slaughtered themselves without even a proper action, and so on. It just becomes a catch and slice game until AI morale completely breaks off. IMO some tweaks are needed about where reinforcements spawn and where to regroup.
correct, totally stupid situation of spawnees entering miles away and current fighters retreating to find them ! ???

As I've said before, Spawnees must enter very close to where the current group is located. For example if Group 1 - Heavy infantry are fighting on the hill top, then new Heavy infantry spawnees should enter just behind the fighting HI. Yes it might look strange, soldiers appearing out of nowhere but it is game / hardware limitations that don't allow ALL Heavy infantry to be on the battlefield from the start. I'd rather have "portal" soldiers than "Hide-n-Seek" Soldiers.

Last edited:
I've made a list of what I would like to see in the next updates :smile: :
  • More advanced diplomacy, especially with religion and assassinations, or even the possibility of launching crusades.
  • More evolving sieges: for example, once the first wall is taken, the fighting continues in the streets (such as houses that can be occupied with the ability to shoot from windows or roofs, barricades in the streets, a second door to cross, etc.) and this continues until the gate of the keep (which would bring back the interest of having a second enclosure in certain castles).
  • Destructible elements, other than the crenels of the walls, such as the roofs of buildings for a stray cannonball, as well as the possibility of setting buildings on fire with a flaming projectile like a pot (similar to what happened in “Medieval 2: Total War,” for example).
  • Being able to decide whether or not to be mounted on horseback during sieges, to attempt a real-time sortie, for example, or to pursue fleeing enemies after a successful defense.
  • Being able to place our soldiers one by one, especially for sieges and ambush battles, without resorting to mods.
  • The long-awaited naval battles (wanted by everyone anyway).
  • Having more troops on the screen (larger armies allowed by the game engine).
  • Having more diversity in equipment to avoid the “clone effect,” as well as a slight difference in color tone from one soldier to another (or from one garment to another) (for example, for the Vlandians, a more or less dark red depending on the cape/tunic/hood or the soldier).
  • Giving soldiers waiting postures and animations once in battle, such as fatigue or disease effects if morale is low (if food supplies are low or zero, or even perishable over time (and therefore bought/sold at a lower price)), animations that would resemble those of “Attila: Total War.”
  • Being able to place our siege engines ourselves in the location that we find most suitable for firing (while having a limited area, of course, to avoid placing them in too overpowered or unrealistic locations).
  • Not only having double doors for castle entrances, but also sometimes a portcullis, or even a drawbridge, or even all three (which could be obtained with the wall upgrade in the building chain, for example).
  • During city sieges, having the population present (whether it’s people helping on the walls to manipulate stones or defense machines, or people running in panic in the streets).
  • Having more unique rewards when winning a tournament (winning a javelin after defeating all the competitors in a tournament organized by a great noble or even a king is a bit disappointing).
  • Being able to increase tournament bets (within reasonable limits) instead of always being limited to a maximum of 600 gold.
  • When an army is garrisoned in a city, only soldiers should be seen guarding the gates, not knights or elite troops (and with their own weapons, not just a simple lance).
  • Having more life in the streets of cities, such as more passersby, pets, children playing, musicians, workers carrying bags or crates, etc. (a bit like Novigrad in “The Witcher 3”).
  • Of course, getting animals in war. Certainly elephants, but it would also be cool to have war dogs (as the Romans used in battle, as well as some armies in the Middle Ages).
  • Adding a configurable “blood and gore” option to be able to cut off limbs, as well as effects/sounds for hits on armor (and why not mud textures if we wade through it on wet terrain).
  • In character creation, adding an age parameter to display the aging of characters (which would also be displayed over time during a campaign), to avoid people keeping an eternally youthful appearance.
  • More diversity in music on the campaign map, in battles, in cities, and on the main menu (because it can be a bit too repetitive sometimes).
  • Adding a "panic" animation when you fall from a too high location, in order to prevent the "standing" and straight position during the fall
  • Adding a "undermining" mechanic during sieges in order to sap walls, it would be longer to do, but wouldn't need siege machines (with possibility given a chance to defenders to detect it and to attack sappers with a little group)

I rarely say this but I disagree with most of your recommnedations. They are mixture of "not needed", "waste of dev time/resources" and "unrealist expectation" mixed in with a hint of
  • More advanced diplomacy, especially with religion and assassinations, or even the possibility of launching crusades.
  • More evolving sieges: for example, once the first wall is taken, the fighting continues in the streets (such as houses that can be occupied with the ability to shoot from windows or roofs, barricades in the streets, a second door to cross, etc.) and this continues until the gate of the keep (which would bring back the interest of having a second enclosure in certain castles).
  • Destructible elements, other than the crenels of the walls, such as the roofs of buildings for a stray cannonball, as well as the possibility of setting buildings on fire with a flaming projectile like a pot (similar to what happened in “Medieval 2: Total War,” for example).
  • Being able to decide whether or not to be mounted on horseback during sieges, to attempt a real-time sortie, for example, or to pursue fleeing enemies after a successful defense.
  • Being able to place our soldiers one by one, especially for sieges and ambush battles, without resorting to mods.
  • Having more diversity in equipment to avoid the “clone effect,” as well as a slight difference in color tone from one soldier to another (or from one garment to another) (for example, for the Vlandians, a more or less dark red depending on the cape/tunic/hood or the soldier).
  • Giving soldiers waiting postures and animations once in battle, such as fatigue or disease effects if morale is low (if food supplies are low or zero, or even perishable over time (and therefore bought/sold at a lower price)), animations that would resemble those of “Attila: Total War.”
  • Being able to place our siege engines ourselves in the location that we find most suitable for firing (while having a limited area, of course, to avoid placing them in too overpowered or unrealistic locations).
  • Not only having double doors for castle entrances, but also sometimes a portcullis, or even a drawbridge, or even all three (which could be obtained with the wall upgrade in the building chain, for example).
  • During city sieges, having the population present (whether it’s people helping on the walls to manipulate stones or defense machines, or people running in panic in the streets).
  • Having more unique rewards when winning a tournament (winning a javelin after defeating all the competitors in a tournament organized by a great noble or even a king is a bit disappointing).
  • Being able to increase tournament bets (within reasonable limits) instead of always being limited to a maximum of 600 gold.
  • When an army is garrisoned in a city, only soldiers should be seen guarding the gates, not knights or elite troops (and with their own weapons, not just a simple lance).
  • Having more life in the streets of cities, such as more passersby, pets, children playing, musicians, workers carrying bags or crates, etc. (a bit like Novigrad in “The Witcher 3”).
  • Of course, getting animals in war. Certainly elephants, but it would also be cool to have war dogs (as the Romans used in battle, as well as some armies in the Middle Ages).
  • Adding a configurable “blood and gore” option to be able to cut off limbs, as well as effects/sounds for hits on armor (and why not mud textures if we wade through it on wet terrain).
  • In character creation, adding an age parameter to display the aging of characters (which would also be displayed over time during a campaign), to avoid people keeping an eternally youthful appearance.
  • More diversity in music on the campaign map, in battles, in cities, and on the main menu (because it can be a bit too repetitive sometimes).
  • Adding a "panic" animation when you fall from a too high location, in order to prevent the "standing" and straight position during the fall
  • Adding a "undermining" mechanic during sieges in order to sap walls, it would be longer to do, but wouldn't need siege machines (with possibility given a chance to defenders to detect it and to attack sappers with a little group)

"wrong game".

I rarely say this but I disagree with most of your recommnedations. They are mixture of "not needed", "waste of dev time/resources" and "unrealist expectation" mixed in with a hint of

"wrong game".
There were a few cool ideas. But yeah, considering the time it takes them to clean up a simple qol update, theres no way in hell they could do all that. It would probably take them 50 more years to implement a fraction of what he asked.

correct, totally stupid situation of spawnees entering miles away and current fighters retreating to find them ! ???

As I've said before, Spawnees must enter very close to where the current group is located. For example if Group 1 - Heavy infantry are fighting on the hill top, then new Heavy infantry spawnees should enter just behind the fighting HI. Yes it might look strange, soldiers appearing out of nowhere but it is game / hardware limitations that don't allow ALL Heavy infantry to be on the battlefield from the start. I'd rather have "portal" soldiers than "Hide-n-Seek" Soldiers.
Back during EA reinforcements would appear right next to where you were fighting and in general, players didn't like that so it was changed to a "total war" kinda approach. Got to say, prefer the new system 100% more. It makes sense to have an army retreat back to new reinforcements as it tries to regroup.

I like how making a long list is a go to when people complain. It's a great way to make it seem super important and valid because of the "wow this person wrote alot, and he FORMATTED it! He must be right!"

This list ranges from good ideas that enahcne what is already there to total nonsense. But since they are all presented in the same pretty long list, it's hard to tell that at a glance.

BTW, just to present a dissenting opinion, I don't want naval battles. In fact, I hate the idea of naval battles. I feel the same way about all the people who beg for them in Total War games. To me, Naval Battles are just a worse, more limited version of battles on ground and would 100% be a waste of time for any dev to implement.

I dont know why everyone is upset about "clones". Personally i would rather have every soldier wearing the same armor as some kind of uniform than having a wild and babaric mixture of armors. For me it looks way cleaner and organized if an army has the same armor for every unit. But thats maybe Personal taste

I dont know why everyone is upset about "clones". Personally i would rather have every soldier wearing the same armor as some kind of uniform than having a wild and babaric mixture of armors. For me it looks way cleaner and organized if an army has the same armor for every unit. But thats maybe Personal taste
"Clones" complains are more about children looking exactly like one of their parent or their siblings (as if they were identical twins, which they aren't), than soldiers with same outfits. Two solutions found by modders are SandBox Siblings and No More Clones and Heritage Reloaded (outdated, but re-uploaded in the Dead Mod Pack by Cheyron).

I guess soldiers all dressed alike is more something expected for cultures such Empire or Vlandia, less for Battania and Sturgia. I personnaly have no preference, but whatever the culture I'd like to see more variety of sizes, weights, faces, etc, in armies without having to use (another) mod for this.

Back during EA reinforcements would appear right next to where you were fighting and in general, players didn't like that so it was changed to a "total war" kinda approach. Got to say, prefer the new system 100% more. It makes sense to have an army retreat back to new reinforcements as it tries to regroup.
I played at EA, I don't remember this "right next to" battle moment ..

I know nobody would care... but
I like the "Company of trouble quest " , when sucessful i feel like a real Con Artist. Pls kindly make those 30 mercenary really be transfered to the other lord, Mr developers. Preferably as bandit troops
....thnks

Back
Top Bottom