Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

cant you just unsubscribe to the beta branch? stay on stable?
Well I guess I should now, since I have to restart my campaign if I ever play the game again :ROFLMAO:
The beta branch is provided for early adopters that would like to support the development as well as to give modders an opportunity to see what is coming before the majority of players will default to it. Not releasing hotfixes to beta would defeat its very purpose.

Naturally, you can also opt into the beta simply to play with new features - but you do so at your own risk. If you want a more stable environment, the live branch would be the appropriate choice.
Yes we know, but when there are better features added after so much time and people update their mods.... Honestly how long is it gonna take a whole studio of people to iron out a few bugs - it's been months already...........

Yes, live versions are generally more stable than beta versions. Especially in the context of mods - as each update receives its own branch on steam for players to continue their current campaign on.
:roll:

Bonjour à tous, cela commence à devenir frustrant de devoir attendre une mise à jour sur console .. Des mois et des mois d’attente .. D’accord, ils doivent corriger les bugs etc mais c’est à la limite du foutage de gueule même quand la mise à jour sortira ont sais d’avance qu’il y aura des bugs à quoi bon nous faire attendre autant de temps inutilement ?

Hello everyone, it's starting to get frustrating to have to wait for an update on console.. Months and months of waiting.. Okay, they have to fix the bugs etc but it's borderline screwed up. even when the update comes out we know in advance that there will be bugs, why make us wait so long unnecessarily?

It makes me glad that you're listening to people and tweaking the combat AI. It bugs me tremendously when trash units like recruits, militia, peasant, looter, etc. can consistently block your attacks 3 times in a row even when you have 200+ weapon skills and attack from different directions.
Their weapon skills weren`t changed, and although we did rework the melee combat AI back in 1.2.0, this particular instance shouldn`t be occurring. Even two consecutive blocks from the bottom-tier troops should be rare. That being said, it would be good if you would give us specifics, like the exact version you are playing on, or a video showing this.
t's also annoying when a unit uses 1 handed weapon (not shield) to block the hit from a 2 handed weapon or swinging polearm and receives no damage except from a handful of weapons which have crush-through. Imo units up to tier 3 should act more suicidal/aggressive, and crush-through should be a feature of all 2H & swinging polearms over a certain weight threshold (but only in singleplayer).
At the moment, giving the crush-through ability to all the 2-handed weapons would make them too powerful, while further diminishing the shieldless 1-handed weapon experience, which isn`t all too appealing as is.

That being said, thank you for pointing this out, we have forwarded your feedback and will keep it in mind for future balancing efforts.
Just noticed something.
I started a new sandbox. The lady I normally marry was stolen by a Vladian lord. So once i became mercenary i hunted him down and executed him.
The lady was pregnant during the mini marry game. But was not pregnant when she came to my party. I also recived 0 penalty relationship with her. Should be something for shopping off her husbands head. All the relation penalty went to the clan lord. Bereic or something -60.
Abit weird the pregnany got reset.
And the clan leader did not know my name when speaking to him for her hand. Relationship -60. Think he should have known my name.
This is a bug, we will investigate it, thank you for reporting!

Their weapon skills weren`t changed, and although we did rework the melee combat AI back in 1.2.0, this particular instance shouldn`t be occurring. Even two consecutive blocks from the bottom-tier troops should be rare. That being said, it would be good if you would give us specifics, like the exact version you are playing on, or a video showing this.
Unfortunately I cannot provide a video, as my PC's GPU got busted and I can only play the game at 15-20 FPS on the lowest settings with the integrated GPU. I only play to test new patches for a bit nowadays, I don't think it can handle a recording software. But if you would like to see a video proof, you could check out recent playthroughs by Reformisttm or Strat Gaming (though both are modded). If someone else is able to provide a video proof, I would greatly appreciate it.
At the moment, giving the crush-through ability to all the 2-handed weapons would make them too powerful, while further diminishing the shieldless 1-handed weapon experience, which isn`t all too appealing as is.
I agree that it would be OP for standard units to have it, but I think that having it as a 2 Handed and/or polearm skill perk at level 150 or higher would be reasonable (also only in singleplayer).

I regularly experience this when I duel bandits... Forest bandits are the worst, but mountain and others are about as bad. Bandits quite frequently manage to block 3, 4, 5 strikes with their shield and it makes it impossible to do. I've experienced this against NPC's that are blocking without a shield as well, but it's far less frequent and most common in arena fights.

I'm 62 .. my brain doesn't work like it use to "teach old dog new tricks' . I use to be a "C" programmer in the 90s, I loved that language, very flexible. Then they developed C++ to stop the flexibility and added OO. I had a tough time getting me head around this concept, never really succeeded. I don't want to learn a new language, my brain won't handle it. I'm a game designer not a programmer.

I understand why C# was chosen for Bannerlord, it is a well respected and powerful language. Just very tough for gamers to become proficient . SQL is very simple language to learn especially for novices. Alot more work can be done, and quicker, with SQL.
SQL? For game programming? Are you alright?

With all due respect, you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

It has been 4 months since 1.2 beta was launched, when is the next patch taking place? This is taking an utterly ridiculous amount of time. WTF is going on?

They said november. As to why it took so long, nobody knows and taleworlds ain't saying.
So 5 months, holy **** thats insane. Do they not manage KPI's or have any sort of timeline they stick by? Seems like a company that has no structure or management that doesnt bother at all

Sigh! It's already been done. Making modding incredibly easy. Exactly what some companies DON'T want, with valid reasons.
Can you give some examples? I know that you can change some variables with SQL, but to create new functionalities like you can do with C# is probably not possible.

SQL? For game programming? Are you alright?

With all due respect, you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.
Sigh! It's already been done. Making modding incredibly easy. Exactly what some companies DON'T want, with valid reasons.
As a Civ6 modder, I can attest that SQL modding does exist and it works VERY well. It takes some getting used to, but this has a few great positives:
  1. Using a Database Management Tool. everything is visible at once! All the data is there; the tables, the columns... No digging around decompiled DLL files trying to make sense of spagetti code
  2. The database is local, usually meaning SQLite, which has a TON of support in the Open Source community for tools and documentation.
  3. You can share your game state (SQLite file) with others, including Devs, to help debug stuff
  4. Mod compatibility is usually better, as SQL inherently handles the merging of data.
In-code modding is still far more powerful, but don't discount the accessibility of DB-based modding.

As a Civ6 modder, I can attest that SQL modding does exist and it works VERY well. It takes some getting used to, but this has a few great positives:
  1. Using a Database Management Tool. everything is visible at once! All the data is there; the tables, the columns... No digging around decompiled DLL files trying to make sense of spagetti code
  2. The database is local, usually meaning SQLite, which has a TON of support in the Open Source community for tools and documentation.
  3. You can share your game state (SQLite file) with others, including Devs, to help debug stuff
  4. Mod compatibility is usually better, as SQL inherently handles the merging of data.
In-code modding is still far more powerful, but don't discount the accessibility of DB-based modding.
I'm very curious as to how modding with SQL works compared to "regular" programming languages like C#, C++, Java, Python, etc.? If you could, please make it as simple as possible, I only learned some incredibly basic SQL for job applications, and I have 0 knowledge or experience on other languages. Like do SQL mods work similarly to editing XML files to change values?

You have to design your code from the first to be layered. All data is in the database, next level is accessing / manipulating data - code written in C# using SQL commands. Next layer is C# functionality. This code needs to be very generic / flexible for future additions. etc etc

The major problem with SQL modding is that it is TOO easy to mod, every gamer wants to write their own mods, and do, ending up with a Billion and one mods that don't like each other, crash each other, and turns into a huge mess. I write my own SQL scripts for my own game (CIV 5) but don't publish them. But there are some excellent mods in CIV, professionally done, that i do use.

You have to design your code from the first to be layered. All data is in the database, next level is accessing / manipulating data - code written in C# using SQL commands. Next layer is C# functionality. This code needs to be very generic / flexible for future additions. etc etc

The major problem with SQL modding is that it is TOO easy to mod, every gamer wants to write their own mods, and do, ending up with a Billion and one mods that don't like each other, crash each other, and turns into a huge mess. I write my own SQL scripts for my own game (CIV 5) but don't publish them. But there are some excellent mods in CIV, professionally done, that i do use.
Recently graduated with a bachelors in comp sci and I had no fkn idea it was possible to use SQL for modding wow +1

Is there any way to edit your own clan's characters? Face, hair.
Not at the moment, no.
On the one hand, I think that it doesn't make much sense to change your clan/family members` faces, as you could be changing your spouse`s face while they might be a canonical character.
However, regarding changing your clan members` hairstyles and facial hair we discussed it in a meeting and we are generally open to that, although it is currently not a high priority.

Back
Top Bottom