Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Testing is done to reveal as of yet unknown issues. If a particular bit of content turns out to be especially problematic, it may be disabled or altered prior to release of a patch.
After all the future plans are completed, will the unopened content such as weather and village management be added to the Bannerlord, or should all the content be permanently deleted and abandoned?

I will give you guys something to argue or imagine for future updates, that thing is the dragon banner that was meant to unite Calradia. There is no Chinese faction in the game but who cares about the lore of Calradia. you can check the model with modding tools already. What do you guys think about it? (Also there is a chance that we will never see this thing going to be in the game when the banner update goes live since they are remaking banners but will see.)

I never saw anyone posted this banner on this forum. That will be my bad if already discussed before

What has the chinese to do with this?

What has the chinese to do with this?
because, top part of the banner inspired by Chinese dragon kites.

image.png

image.png

image.png

model of the banner fits more to Total War: THREE KINGDOMS not to Calradia

Dragon banner has empire lore to it kinda like roman empire.
What would fit is, something like Rome has (of course with a dragon statue on top. not with a Chinese dragon kite )

image.png

image.png
image.png

Last edited:
because, top part of the banner inspired by Chinese dragon kites.

image.png

image.png

image.png

model of the banner fits more to Total War: THREE KINGDOMS not to Calradia

Dragon banner has empire lore to it kinda like roman empire.
What would fit is, something like Rome has (of course with a dragon statue on top. not with a Chinese dragon kite )

image.png

image.png
image.png

Design is pretty loyal to authentic Roman draco standard actually, it is not based on the Chinese dragon, the Roman draco was borrowed from Sarmatians appearently, that is another story.

Agreed. The silence is just a joke now - I think this is the longest period without hearing anything since the start of early access.

For me it feels as if this company actually have contempt for their community.

I guess it could merely be apathy... but either one is appalling, TaleWorlds should be held up as an example of how NOT to handle your community.
+1 even creative assembly is able to do better than this. The communication from TW is an absolute joke. Though I suppose if every question about substantial features was answered with "not in our plans" or a hand wavey "well its technically already in game" I'd probably shut up too.

Call me crazy, but I think people could handle it if, in some update notes, we were told something like:

"We had planned to include feature_01 in this update but testing exposed some unintended consequences. We're going to go back to the drawing board on it and see if we can update the design to be properly balanced and work within the current architecture. We should have a decision on this in the next few weeks and we're tentatively planning to look at feature_01 again, potentially, for release x.y.z.

Neverthless, we do feel feature_02 is ready and we have also added 12 new sheep textures and a chair model. Looking forward to your feedback.

Release a.b.c, including feature_03 and feature_04 is coming along well and current velocity indicates we're about 6 weeks out from test cycle, which we anticipate will take 2-3 weeks. Please be aware feature_03 has some risks and might extend the testing phase and/or might be removed.

Enjoy!"

We just want to understand what you're working on and what we can look forward to and when. I think most people can accept that plans change over time.

Call me crazy, but I think people could handle it if, in some update notes, we were told something like:

"We had planned to include feature_01 in this update but testing exposed some unintended consequences. We're going to go back to the drawing board on it and see if we can update the design to be properly balanced and work within the current architecture. We should have a decision on this in the next few weeks and we're tentatively planning to look at feature_01 again, potentially, for release x.y.z.

Neverthless, we do feel feature_02 is ready and we have also added 12 new sheep textures and a chair model. Looking forward to your feedback.

Release a.b.c, including feature_03 and feature_04 is coming along well and current velocity indicates we're about 6 weeks out from test cycle, which we anticipate will take 2-3 weeks. Please be aware feature_03 has some risks and might extend the testing phase and/or might be removed.

Enjoy!"

We just want to understand what you're working on and what we can look forward to and when. I think most people can accept that plans change over time.
What this guy said.

Anybody else followed Project Zomboid's development? Two to four blogs per month, talk about features that is sometimes coming in the next hotfix, sometimes next big release, and from a time to time even years before their release. That's a sufficient way of communicating their own vision of the game and it's delivery. A few bad apples in the community is a given - that being people screeching over the tiniest changes to plans or things the devs thought too hard, too costly or too unimmersive to add.

I understand not wanting to set expectations. But at the same time, I would like at least a sentence or two about what we can hope to expect in 1.7.2. or in any future builds, and when? Is the testing stalling because banner physics are screwing them over so bad? Or are they going to push every mentioned feature in the "future plans" blog out of the door in one go?
I suppose time will tell, because TW doesn't seem to.

Enjoy!"

+1 to this as well. I would LOVE this sort of communication.

Anxiety about this game is reaching some kind of paroxism.
What kind of communication could be done to ease this situation? I'm wondering.
Dejan is telling "not yet, 172 is still in test phase etc..." and people starts to request more information on "why not yet".
Obviously he can not tell...
Does knowing the reason of the blocking points would really change anything about solving it?
We get weekly hotfixes and nobody care? Why is that?
Is it only about getting new content for giving a feeling of satisfaction for only a few hours? And then what? Come back to negativity and complaints?
Clearly TW is bad at communicating, but instead of keeping this unnecessary pressure, maybe we could take some steps back, relativise and relax...
+1

Lol he just said they don't want to share details, cause they might be false and not what to expect yet
I mean, I get that. However, not telling anything can be just as dangerous for a community/developer relationship. Its ultimately their decision as to what they say and don't say, but I think that it is pretty clear that the current strategy of not getting hopes up isn't working, and is just making members of the community get angry.

The two options are reveal nothing, or just put out a detailed notification of what's in it, and shoot down any assumptions that can be made.

You can opt into many of the older "stable" game versions using the steam beta branch system. Only the live and beta branches are being updated.
Well thank you for responding Duh.

Yes I'm aware you can go back to previous versions, I've gone back to v1.2 a few times just to compare. While overall I'd say the game is better, there's been some steps back, and a lack of addressing long standing issues. Problem is modders are working of their own accord. You can't expect there to be some sort of modder conference on what "version is best to mod", because nobody knows when to expect updates or what's even going to be in them. That said I wouldn't be surprised if some of the larger projects just declare 1.6 or some version of 1.7 the defacto version this spring/summer.

With 1.7 I really wanted to believe the end was in sight, that yes the game would be "done" here in Q2 2022. That we were in the final stretch and now we were going to see serious content delivery. It's unfortunate that my pessimistic outlook of a Q2 2023 is far more realistic.

The current approach is not to share details on upcoming patch content (that could lead to false expectations). Our broader priorities are defined within the Future Plans post.
It's kind of too late for "false expectations". There's always going to people here or elsewhere clamoring for "Rain/Lightning/Weather" or "Criminal Empires" or being able to "turn villages into Castles", etc. The damage is done. Folks can delude themselves Bannerlord will be this grand genre defining thing, but it's not. In the end I think all "glass half full" types are going to be quite disenchanted, that's assuming they hang around long enough to see it.

You guys gotta set some goals/deadlines, if not for the community, at least yourselves. It is not professional to just delay, delay, repeat, redo, retry. You gotta deliver, produce something on time. I mean it's fine to go College undecided, but it's not okay to be there 8 years later still undecided LOL.

If you can't guarantee at least one feature in an update, that's a pretty big red flag to me. And if not features, well at least some bug fixes?

Broad future plans/roadmaps are well and good, but truthfully there really ought to be monthly updates of: "We're working on X, we're working on Y, but ran into difficulties with Y, so it won't be next update."

The fact there isn't a continuous angry mob demanding the game be refunded after having been "lied to" about the 2021 release date is rather remarkable. But I think it's more that the overwhelming majority of folks got the game in 2020, played it for 50 hours, and were like "eh that was sort of neat, but I'm gonna play something else" which in all honesty; is what a sane individual should do.

The current approach is not to share details on upcoming patch content (that could lead to false expectations). Our broader priorities are defined within the Future Plans post.
I say this with the best of intentions: Your current approach is causing unnecessary PR hits and agitation in the community. If the testing of a new branch lasts 2 months then people increase their expectations. It would be in your companies best interest to share a few highlights of the upcoming patch to adjust those expectations.

A small feature might be affecting the economy badly and you might be searching solutions. There may be performance issues. These can take time to fix but the end result will not necessarily be a "huge" feature. Game development can be hard and effort spent on a feature doesn't always correlate to the amount of fanfare.

Yes, promising a feature and not delivering it causes some anger in the community. But near complete silence for months is much worse. It's in your hands to manage expectations of the users.

I mean, I get that. However, not telling anything can be just as dangerous for a community/developer relationship. Its ultimately their decision as to what they say and don't say, but I think that it is pretty clear that the current strategy of not getting hopes up isn't working, and is just making members of the community get angry.

The two options are reveal nothing, or just put out a detailed notification of what's in it, and shoot down any assumptions that can be made.
Yep we the community are already angry, and tired of the no communications, which gets confusing for us, cause the development looks like it's dead and no progress has been made

The smarter approach would be to communicate and to set the expectations. Of course people will expect something big when there is no update for a long time. And what is the ****ing point of EA when you don´t want to communicate at all?

It's kind of too late for "false expectations". There's always going to people here or elsewhere clamoring for "Rain/Weather" or "Criminal Empires" (...) Folks can delude themselves Bannerlord will be this grand genre defining thing, but it's not.
Expecting Taleworlds to, essentially, copy+paste the workshops system into criminal alleys with a few tweaks and just fix the bug that stops the existing rain feature from working, is not the same as expecting them to make grand enormous features.

Considering they advertised alley enterprises in the past, and continue to do so, and modders have managed to do more ambitious things, it's a very reasonable expectation of TW.
You guys gotta set some goals/deadlines, if not for the community, at least yourselves. It is not professional to just delay, delay, repeat, redo, retry. You gotta deliver, produce something on time. I mean it's fine to go College undecided, but it's not okay to be there 8 years later still undecided LOL.

The fact there isn't a continuous angry mob demanding the game be refunded after having been "lied to" about the 2021 release date is rather remarkable.
Here I will say it's not a huge deal if they push back the release date again... if they keep improving the game's core features and long-term problems at a good pace.

It's better to have a repeatedly pushed back release date, than a broken and feature-incomplete bad sequel.
If you can't guarantee at least one feature in an update, that's a pretty big red flag to me.

Broad future plans/roadmaps are well and good, but truthfully there really ought to be monthly updates of: "We're working on X, we're working on Y, but ran into difficulties with Y, so it won't be next update."
I agree that it's strange TW isn't able to do the same communication that other game companies of similar size manage fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom