Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Create a new "Archer" formation and move the slider to 100% (top right).
The game will automatically add all your ranged type troops in that new formation.
Didn´t work for me with horse archers:

I had two melee cav groups and one horse archer group and wasn´t able to transfer my horse archers to the horse archer group for whatever reason. I had to make all three groups mixed cav and was then able to transfer all horse archers into one group.

Didn´t work for me with horse archers:

I had two melee cav groups and one horse archer group and wasn´t able to transfer my horse archers to the horse archer group for whatever reason. I had to make all three groups mixed cav and was then able to transfer all horse archers into one group.
You mean you couldn't move the slider (in the HA formation) to the right?
And when you say transfer, does it mean the HA were in one of the cav group?

I did a test in Custom Battle and faced something similar.
Selected a battle with 25% of each troop type but once on OoB screen I was not able to move the slider of infantry formation, remaining to zero (hence no infantry). But I didn't check if the infantry was stucked in archer formation.

You mean you couldn't move the slider (in the HA formation) to the right?
Yep.

I started with two melee cav groups because I hadn´t any horse archers. Then I got horse archers and they were assigned to one of those groups. I created a third horse archer group but wasn´t able to move the horse archer group slider to get those horse archers into this group.

It only worked when I set up all groups as mixed cav, then I could move melee cav and horse archers as I liked to. After that I could also set up one of those groups as horse archers only and it still worked. But as soon as I setup those two mixed cav groups as melee groups again it´s screwed again.

My first idea was to set it up like this (didn´t work):

Unbenannt.jpg

This worked:
Unbenannt1.jpg

Last edited:
The heroes death rate feels much lower than it was before. In fact, deaths in battle are so rare, they hardly mean anything. Has something been changed in that area?

Yeah the sliders don't work either. I just gave up and do what the AI does and just make everyone charge and no longer play with strategy because why should I.
You should, it looks like there is a bug though.

@MRay there is some kind of issue once troops are automatically assigned to a formation. It looks like it is not possible to reassign them in a one type formation directly.
MostBlunted described the context here:
Yep.

I started with two melee cav groups because I hadn´t any horse archers. Then I got horse archers and they were assigned to one of those groups. I created a third horse archer group but wasn´t able to move the horse archer group slider to get those horse archers into this group.

It only worked when I set up all groups as mixed cav, then I could move melee cav and horse archers as I liked to. After that I could also set up one of those groups as horse archers only and it still worked. But as soon as I setup those two mixed cav groups as melee groups again it´s screwed again.

Unbenannt.jpg

This worked:
Unbenannt1.jpg

I also notice you still can't put away your weapon without getting the combat log to pop up and this stops you from doing anything but type into the log. You have to press enter after pressing \ to sheath your weapon every-single-time.
otk46pZ.png
ilepttC.png

@MRay
By the way, does the Companion dismount automatically when assigned to a foot formation?
Also, will he be protected by his troops so he wouldn't die at the first clash?

Yep.

This worked:
Unbenannt1.jpg

So you were able to separate horse HA from Cav by using the mixed formation?
Mixed Horse with Mixed Horse, you separated HA from Cav, then changed to HA filter and combined all your HA into one formation?

Weird...
Normally you get the red message "Commander is mounted" but she/he is actually assigned and you can dismount her/him with the Dismount order...
Then I was wrong! I´ve not tried to start the battle after seeing this message because I thought it´s like an "error" message :grin: .
So you were able to separate horse HA from Cav by using the mixed formation?
Mixed Horse with Mixed Horse, you separated HA from Cav, then changed to HA filter and combined all your HA into one formation?
Yes, I´ve created 3 mixed cav divisions, used the slider for one of those to place all HA in it. Then I changed this group back to HA only (it´s not really necassary, could have left them as mixed group too). Worked for me this way. Check my screenshot above.

I´ve just seen the red text and thought it won´t work without trying, that was my mistake :wink: .

It also wasn´t that important for me so I didn´t really bother. But good to know, thanks.

Something else I´ve noticed is that some battle maps are really really small. Like you start like 200-300 meters away from your enemies which don´t give you enough time to really play any strat after the battles starts. Not sure if those were new or old maps. But I really think those are too small for armies with more than 100 troops.

@Dejan Would it be possible to restore the ability for throwing spears to actually be throwable again? It doesn't make sense for something like a pilum to be unthrowable.
Forwarded.
Has anyone had any one of the new empire crown spawn in a city shop? I've not come across them yet on any of my saves. Is this a bug or what? The battanian highland crown appear pretty early on though. Is there something wrong with the empire ones?
Crowns haven't been added to the shops which is why you're not able to find them.
bug - with DLSS npc icons can be seen through earth
Got a screenshot of that? Or well, could you please clarify if that occurs when holding ALT or at all times? @Spinozart1 @CptMuppet
When do you intend to update GoG installer ? It's still at 1.6.5 and lags considerably behind Steam client, but this patch seems big enough to warrant some more effort.
GoG has only the live versions of the game. 165 is the latest live version. Once Beta 170 moves to live, 170 will be accessible on GoG as well. We don't plan to make Beta 170 available on GoG.

Back
Top Bottom