Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

surprised-arsenio-hall.gif

Did....did they just....restore faith and prove us wrong?

- You can't put all heroes from the party in one safe group and keep them away from the danger of battle.
There is an option when starting the game (that I don't remember there being, didn't play in months), which allows you to turn off clan member death chance by 50 or 100%. That should remove your need of putting all heroes in a safe group to keep them out of harm's way.

@MArdA TaleWorlds after this update the lords can leave a besieged settlement again.

And also, is this a bug, or was the death in simulated battle disabled? Not a single death in a few in-game years, the characters are only die from old age.

This update seems to be excellent according to the Patch notes. I definitely need to switch to the beta version now.
I am very happy that one of the most complained about issue (sieges) was addressed in this major update.

There is an option when starting the game (that I don't remember there being, didn't play in months), which allows you to turn off clan member death chance by 50 or 100%. That should remove your need of putting all heroes in a safe group to keep them out of harm's way.
Yeah, I know that, but it doesn't resolve the other problems I have stated. I guess I just have to wait for a hotfix or figure some workarounds of these issues. Anyways, thanks for trying to help me.

surprised-arsenio-hall.gif

Did....did they just....restore faith and prove us wrong?
>It says eddie murphy but it's Arsenio Hall
Please, I can't handle any more Mandela effects!

I have a couple possible bugs I would like input on incase I'm missing something.
1 Sometimes (during tutorial hide out) while trying to split/combine the group with f3-f5 I got stuck in the slow motion even while not issuing orders and it wouldn't go away, even after turning the option to have slow-mo off. I got out of it by retreating the battle. I haven't turned the function back on yet.
2 When attacking looters and being joined by near by natural Lord I am given the order of battle menu, despite only have 3 troops, however I can't figure out how to start the battle, the ready button was clickable. I again got out of it by retreat and just not attacking near the lord.

Also
Deliver Herd quest:
  • Updated the selected livestock.
No more aserai warhorses, now you get desert horses!

And also, is this a bug, or was the death in simulated battle disabled? Not a single death in a few in-game years, the characters are only die from old age.
I've seen 1 AI death form battle so far

Last edited:
I just tried a custom battle to test the pre-battle deployment, this is a great addition/improvement to the game!
The circular/pie layout of the Orders layout is also great, I wonder if we can use the mouse to click on orders and troop cards instead of using keys?
Also, the slowdown during orders is FANTASTIC!!!
Tried the dividing the troops feature, which was also much easier to do this way than it used to be. I also wonder whether it can be implemented to during battle as well? I mean, use this version of dividing troops in battle (if not already implemented).
Great job.

Please don't show the movement speed of parties when they come into your view, it's really not needed. The player can simply press alt and see the movement above whenever he needs, I think that is definitely enough. Every time a party comes into view my eyes instinctively glance at the numbers above the head of the party, it's distracting. Also it overlaps with the name of the party, it's not pleasant visually the way it is right now

I don't think it would look so bad if it was in the view only when the player wanted it to be. It makes you prepared mentally, but otherwise the numbers are just thrown at you from everywhere

Last edited:
By the way, are beta updates save compatible? I mean can I load a save game with this update?
PS: sorry if this was already answered.

Anyone else notice looters dont run away anymore? Previously if I soloed 7 looters after kill 3 with a horse archer loadout the other four would run. Now they all fight to the end. Not sure how I feel about these moral changes.

Anyone else notice looters dont run away anymore? Previously if I soloed 7 looters after kill 3 with a horse archer loadout the other four would run. Now they all fight to the end. Not sure how I feel about these moral changes.
yeah I think it's better this way. They still run away just not as soon. I was fighting maybe 10 looters and the last guy ran away. I prefer it this way, it's no fun when they all run after 1-2 die. The game is way too cheesy as it is already (with ranged on horseback), so if I fight solo a group of 40 looters it really feels cheap when they run away after I take 10 down. I personally like the change, now fights can be a bit more fighting and less running for the hills after 5 seconds of fighting...

Also if you just started a new game and you take 10 years to kill the looters with a weak bow and also missing a bunch they might be regaining morale and that's why you're not seeing them retreat, so again something against the cheese which I appreciate.
"
  • Agents will now slowly regain lost morale up to a half of their initial morale in battles.
"

Last edited:
The movement speed number above parties really needs to go in an early hotfix, please. Let it be shown only when you press the alt key. I don't know who requested this but it wasn't all that bothersome to move your mouse over to the party to see movement speed...

Now this number covers the name and more importantly the number of troop count of parties, I can't see the important stuff!!...

Please fix this

Seems like a nice patch. Has anyone tested the siege fixes yet? Those fixes have been iffy before due to the complexity and number of siege scenes in relation with the pathfinding AI.
Also am I right to understand that as of right now 70 something "sectors" on the map are unique scenes within the battle terrain system, while those outside of these sectors are just utilizing the usual random map selection?

Can you please add back death counts to the multiplayer scoreboard again? Its an absolutely crucial part of competitive multiplayer games. I never saw any game that doesent have it and there is a reason for that.

Please don't show the movement speed of parties when they come into your view, it's really not needed. The player can simply press alt and see the movement above whenever he needs, I think that is definitely enough. Every time a party comes into view my eyes instinctively glance at the numbers above the head of the party, it's distracting. Also it overlaps with the name of the party, it's not pleasant visually the way it is right now

I don't think it would look so bad if it was in the view only when the player wanted it to be. It makes you prepared mentally, but otherwise the numbers are just thrown at you from everywhere

Just by seeing the pics I would agree with this guy

Do lords still starve themselves while walking to join your army? They wouldn't stop to get food and march straight to you. I found this issue in 1.6.5 but forgot to report it. I can't download 1.7.0 yet to confirm if it still exists because I want to play MP, so I'll appreciate it if someone could do the test for me.

Wait, can you still get the dragon banner in sandbox mode? I'm confused.
Just realized why you were confused, there was a typo in the patch notes. Fixed. Thank you for pointing it out.
Yeah, it should be on the line with the type, something like " <6.3> Steppe Bandits "
Also it overlaps with the name of the party, it's not pleasant visually the way it is right now
I fixed it internally(the speed and name texts expand outwards now instead of inwards) but the fix didn't make the 1.7.0. Will try to send it in a hotfix next week.
It was already fixed internally.
By the way, are beta updates save compatible? I mean can I load a save game with this update?
It should be save compatible, yes.
yeah I think it's better this way. They still run away just not as soon. I was fighting maybe 10 looters and the last guy ran away. I prefer it this way, it's no fun when they all run after 1-2 die. The game is way too cheesy as it is already (with ranged on horseback), so if I fight solo a group of 40 looters it really feels cheap when they run away after I take 10 down.
I like the updated behaviour as well, I felt that they surrendered too quickly before.
Do lords still starve themselves while walking to join your army? They wouldn't stop to get food and march straight to you. I found this issue in 1.6.5 but forgot to report it. I can't download 1.7.0 yet to confirm if it still exists because I want to play MP, so I'll appreciate it if someone could do the test for me.
Don't remember anything in regards to this being changed with 170. If you have a save game please send it to me. I'll hop on now as well to try and replicate it.

Back
Top Bottom