Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Good morning to you too, no patch this week. We're working on it though, as usually!
giphy.webp
Thank you for the fast reply :smile:
Cheers and good luck!

I made as many of them as I could (8 currently), at the expense of only keeping 1 fief for my self most of the time. They aren't very useful at first but once you have 3 or so they start be helpful. Also, the wanderer themselves usually isn't as good as AI lords, but one of thier clan mates will have better stats on par with them. They often have a 3rd member with good skills but no combat gear, a problem we've seen with rebels and AI children sometimes too.
I start early once I decide the area I want to take and fight the khuzaits alone so they are very tender (this is how you prevent 200 KG attacks) when I finally get clan rank 4 and take a fief, they were actually in a bit of a pickle when I took first few fiefs and we unable to retaliate properly but when they finally ended their other war I got hit with old "Army every 2 days" treatment, but about this time my scouting clicked up to 225 and I could use keen sight (with mounted patrols) to just hold them prisoner forever (well...) so then it just becomes game of getting 500 influence, taking a fief, popping a wanderer and repeat! I also took Husq Falk form rebels, which may have been a bad idea because it could cause war with aserai, however that never happened yet (about 200 days), this threat made me accelerate my field power by also poaching the landless Khuzaits clan. This actually goes good with making wanderer clans because 500 influence is a lot when you first start a kingdom so going back and forth between spending the influence and spending 200K(or less) for a normal clan recruit let me make full use of my resources and expand as fast as possible on a 1 clan per fief plan. It's the first time I've ever actually used all my money and it was nice! The 500 influence is hard part and I found myself releasing some enemies just to re-catch them for battle influence (and +relations) and money too since I spent it all! However as I get more vassal the next threat arises, my own vassals now want peace with khuzait and I have to spend 100 more influence ever week or so to keep the war going, so now I need to really push over take the remaining khuziat lands before they run me out. Luckily my vassals start to succeed in siege's too at this time. Early on they kept trying but would never attack, now they commit and finish. I'm forced to conserve my influence to take thier new fief myself so I can use it on a wanderer clan, or recruit another khuziat before it goes to election! I barley manage to siege down the last 2/3 fiefs, vote for myself, cash in all my prisoners and go join my vassals sieging the last fief (auto calc because ladder problems) to make them finish before the peace vote is forced, which I allow and use my last 100 or so influence to take the last fief. Now I race to collect more Khuzaits and influence to fill my extra fiefs before a new war begins! I'm still left with 1 open when they declare war on S empire (khuziats of course re-attacked too) but I welcome it to farm influence and cash to make even more vassals.

So, I think the companion into vassals clans is good a improvement, it's fun but not OP, normal clans are much better and there's some issues still (the guy with no gear). I think the cost is well balanced but I foresee players having trouble getting the influence and vetoing peace and claiming fiefs if they don't have a clear plan on how to do so.
Nice thanks for letting us know! Curious can you marry promoted companions? wondering if you can do something with the wanderer creator mod and then marrying them later when you promote ??

After I say play, the game runs in the background, but the screen does not appear. I deleted and reinstalled but still the same, what should I do?

I have no idea if anyone has offered to help you out, but I'll try my hand. Have you tried also deleting the registry and documents folder pertaining to the game? I've found this happens when an install has gone corrupt and those things still remain. You can use CCleaner, after uninstalling the game, to clean the registry of the game. It's super easy. Then delete the documents folder for Bannerlord (backup your save games, obviously!) and reboot. Reinstall the game and test it out.

If it still persists, when was the last time you updated your GPU drivers or did a fresh install of them?

Nice thanks for letting us know! Curious can you marry promoted companions? wondering if you can do something with the wanderer creator mod and then marrying them later when you promote ??
You can arrange a marriage and give them your sister, this seems to work like normal but I don't know if there are long term issues as I don't actually want to give them my sister. Assumedly you could marry males to female wanderer clan leaders, but I can't try ATM.
You (player character)can't marry the wanderer because they become a Clan leader when promoted. You can likely marry one of the wanderer's side clan members though, if you're a female character. I have not seen any female side clan members spawn so far, I think it's just dudes, like with rebel clans.

Last edited:
patchnotes-b-e164.png

Beta e1.6.4​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while returning to the world map.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to text area calculation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when talking to a minor faction hero in an army for the first time.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while refreshing army visuals after loading the game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after loading an old save file.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to 'Galter' being imprisoned.

Performance
  • Battle and siege optimisations.
  • Fixed many campaign map related spikes.

• Turkish localisation updates.
  • Other general localisation improvements.
  • Text updates and small fixes.

Art
  • Added a crown for Khuzait lords.
  • Sound fixes for Battania scenes.
  • Minor fixes for Khuzait and Empire scenes.
  • Improvements to some materials and textures.

Animations
  • Fixed a bug that caused some agents to fly in civilian missions due to an animation problem.

UI
  • Added a scrollbar to the settlements list in the abdication kingdom decision left-panel.
  • Fixed some issues with item comparison in the inventory.

Clan and Party
  • It is now possible for players to promote companions into nobles with their own clan. In order to use this feature, the player must:
    • Be the leader of a kingdom.
    • Have at least one fief.
    • Have an active companion that is not a family member.
    • Have 20.000 Denars and 500 Influence ready to spend for the promotion.
    • Once the conditions are met the player can initiate the dialogue with a companion about their promotion. The player will grant the companion one of their fiefs and will be able to name their clan. The newly created clan will be a tier 2 clan and receive a 50 relation bonus with the player’s clan.
  • Removed influence gain from donating troops to a clan member's party.

Armies
  • Factions will no longer create armies if they are not at war.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented prisoners from being donated to towns.

Quests & Issues
  • Fixed an issue that allowed hostile settlements to be selected for the "Deliver the Herd" quest.

Conversations & Encounters
  • Removed the ability to attack enemy parties after accepting the safe passage agreement via the "Surrender or die" dialogue.
  • Fixed an incorrect dialogue option that would appear after a successful barter with bandits.
  • Fixed a bug that caused extra candidates to appear in marriage barters.

Other
  • Glaive weapons used in Khuzait tournaments now deal blunt damage.
  • 'Khuzait Darkhan' now has 60 Bow Skill Level and 80 Throwing Skill Level (previously 80 Bow and 60 Throwing).
  • Reduced the weight of 'Fringed Cloak' to 0.5 from 4.0.
  • Removed the non-civilian weapon 'Heavy Flanged Mace' from Khuzait noble civilian equipment sets.
  • 'Legionary Reinforced Studded Harness' now provides 6 arm and 7 body armour (previously 8 arm and 6 body armour).
  • 'Legionary Studded Harness' now provides 4 arm and 7 body armour (previously 4 arm and 6 body armour).
  • 'Leopard Pelt' now provides 4 Body armour (previously 7 body armour).
  • 'Legionary Padded Straps' now provide 9 body armour (previously 11 body armour).
  • Switched 'Reinforced Chainmail Barding' from Sturgia to Vlandia item pool (meaning it is now available in settlements with the Vlandian culture).
  • 'Vlandian Militia Archer' and 'Vlandian Militia Veteran Archer' have been renamed to 'Vlandian Militia Crossbowman' and 'Vlandian Militia Veteran Crossbowman' respectively.
  • 'Conspiracy Raider' is no longer shown as upgradeable to 'Khuzait Lancers' in the encyclopaedia.
  • Changed Derthert's battle armour template with a more lordly one.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some companions to act like villager agents in village civilian scenes.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while trying to display player names.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when connecting to a match.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the team selection screen from being displayed in Siege mode.

Both​

Performance
  • Improved multi-core performance of missile physics.

Combat
  • Ballista Improvements:
    • Increased the fire rate.
    • Decreased the flying curvature.
    • Added a sight.
    • Improved AI usage.
    • Minor animation tweaks.
    • Corrected the ballista bolt's centre of mass.
  • Attacks now take into account the relative movement speed between the attacker and the target when deciding if an attack will bounce or not.
  • A system that approximates local superiority has now been implemented.
    • This helps AI agents to distinguish a nearby lone enemy that they can kill from a group of enemies. They can then choose to fight or move towards their assigned tactical position in hopes of better odds.
    • A minor random element was also introduced that slightly influences decision scores.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented units from using shields while being shot at by archers.

Modding​

• For further explanation and additional information on the modding changes check the following thread: e1.6.4 Modding Adjustments
  • Font atlas generator is now available to modders. Modders can generate new font files with custom TTF files and use these fonts in game. We've also created documentation on how to use this tool: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/how_to_add_custom_fonts/
  • StoryModeEvents.RemoveListeners do not need to be explicitly called anymore. Now, StoryModeEvents is added as a CampaignEventReceiver.

Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/

Hotfix 14/10/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to access the inventory while being held captive. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a save file. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when an agent successfully blocked multiple attacks on the same frame. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a quest giver died. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the "Destroy Raiders" quest timed out. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering a smithy that contained Crafting Orders for modded items that had later been removed. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused rebelling garrison or militia party leaders to be members of the faction they are rebelling against. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused fief ownership to remain with an eliminated clan if that clan was the leader of a faction. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented item donation perks from giving experience. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed an issue related to gamepad input. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused the faction data for mercenary clans to be incorrect. (Also in e1.6.3 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that caused marriage barters to be broken.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing defender archers to mistakenly switch into melee mode in sieges
  • Fixed an issue that caused objects on the character creation and education screens to be missing.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the wrong child models to be rendered.
  • Fixed an issue that caused visual glitches on the character creation screen.
Downloaded 1.6.4 yesterday.
It's really NICE!! Thank you Devs for all your work! Great game, worth EVERY penny!
Keep up the good work and please don't hurry to have a Full Release, good things take time, take your time in Early Access, release it in 2025, the wait is worth it!

Is there a bug in the smithing quests or have I misunderstood the requirements? From time to time I get that the client is displeased although every value is at least at the required value or even better. Or do I have to watch out for something hidden?

Is there a bug in the smithing quests or have I misunderstood the requirements? From time to time I get that the client is displeased although every value is at least at the required value or even better. Or do I have to watch out for something hidden?
was there before ...
some say value (the last stat) is also considered , but i think its a bug
sometimes (rare) a few are red and the client is pleased
maybe its TW experience with costumers that reflects this , you cant please everyone no matter how good your product is ;=)
and some are pleased (like me ) even if there are a few flaws

was there before ...
maybe its TW experience with costumers that reflects this , you cant please everyone no matter how good your product is ;=)
This guide explains why they like your craft even if some stats are red : Smithing guide by Strat Gaming.
Basically they don't care that much about weight and length.
I think it is a bug too, that happens especially with thrown weapons (daggers/some javelin/sometimes throwing axes). The only reason i leveled smithing was to gain relation with notable, so i don't care about it that much. I hope it gets fixed though.

was there before ...
Thanks, maybe I should post it in the bug forum.
This guide explains why they like your craft even if some stats are red : Smithing guide by Strat Gaming.
Basically they don't care that much about weight and length.

I think it is a bug too, that happens especially with thrown weapons (daggers/some javelin/sometimes throwing axes). The only reason i leveled smithing was to gain relation with notable, so i don't care about it that much. I hope it gets fixed though.
I really like the payout for the high difficulty quests. Although I think the rewards for the quests should be revamped. Currently you have a lot of quests that only pay about 500 denars and then you have quests where you can get about 200.000 denars. AFAIK the reward is linked the monetary value of the items.

today is a great day to update, maybe there is a chance to get a fix?:smile:)))
Concidering that the last few updates all came out 2-3 weeks apart I think we can realy get 1.6.5. And Dejan has also postes points from the next patchnoes last week wo I think the patch should be ready to go

Back
Top Bottom