Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Still missing Generals mode...

I'm starting to think TW don't think highly of my idea that requires an entire server just to host 2 players (plus spectators)... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are we actually sure it's monetization though considering there has been zero statement on it being microtransations?
Well, there's no way to be absolutely sure.
Still, we've all seen where the industry is going - and considering the earlier Elephant DLC debacle, I would say it's likely they're already planning some degree of monetization. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Well, there's no way to be absolutely sure.
Still, we've all seen where the industry is going - and considering the earlier Elephant DLC debacle, I would say it's likely they're already planning some degree of monetization. I hope I'm wrong, of course.
Oh, for sure some degree of monetization is planned. Personally though, I don't mind at all if they want to create extra things that expand the scope of the game and monetize them (like said elephant DLC). I only get annoyed when they monetize things which are already in the game/the existing scope of the game, but I haven't seen any indication yet that they are going to.

To me from the screenshot it just looks like you can buy cosmetics with a "currency" you earn in-game, as opposed to being a real money shop.

To me from the screenshot it just looks like you can buy cosmetics with a "currency" you earn in-game, as opposed to being a real money shop.
Well, this kind of thing very organically leads to buying the in-game currency with real money, and the acquisition of said in-game currency through gameplay to being super grindy, effectively incentivizing people to fork out real cash. It's been done to death in other games, it's practically the norm at this point.

Well, this kind of thing very organically leads to buying the in-game currency with real money, and the acquisition of said in-game currency through gameplay to being super grindy, effectively incentivizing people to fork out real cash. It's been done to death in other games, it's practically the norm at this point.
Yes it´s annoying:

"You can buy this skin for 4,99€ or just play the game for 46381 hours..."

On the Clan/Parties screen when i assign a Companion a role and select 'Done' it doesn't save. When i go back into screen all roles say 'None'. Just me or a bug?

On the Clan/Parties screen when i assign a Companion a role and select 'Done' it doesn't save. When i go back into screen all roles say 'None'. Just me or a bug?
Known issue awaiting fix. If you talk to the companion and assign a role from dialogue, it sticks.

this line "Implemented the level progression & customization system. You’ll now be awarded Loot for playing multiplayer games. This Loot can then be used to unlock various cosmetic items which change the appearance of your character & troops."
and this screenshot https://cdn.taleworlds.com/upload/news/futureplans.aug21.08.jpg
In its current implementation you earn gold in game - and use that to buy cosmetics. Sure TW haven't totally said 'no' to being able to buy gold or cosmetics in the future. But right now that's not what will be happening. If anything a bit of progression might be nice as I really have burnt out on things to do in MP.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Implemented the level progression & customization system. You’ll now be awarded Loot for playing multiplayer games. This Loot can then be used to unlock various cosmetic items which change the appearance of your character & troops.

Will this system be utilised in captains mode? So presumably the player character at the start of the round will benefit from the unique looking equipment; but will the players troopers also use the cosmetics?

This would be a really nice way to make different players units more visually identifiable at a glance.

Last edited:
smithing ...
i get a +4 relation bonus when i craft a weapon that pleases the custumer (+4 is a bit much IMO but ok)
the perk Expirienced Smith" states there is a 10% chance to give +2 relation , but it looks like it gives +4 always

BUT

i get +5 relation if i fail !??

The option to talk to my companions also disappears. Glad it's not just me though
When you move off of a fief and then click them in the troop party menu (not clan party) you can talk to them. Too bad they didn't get this done in the hotfix.

smithing ...
i get a +4 relation bonus when i craft a weapon that pleases the custumer (+4 is a bit much IMO but ok)
the perk Expirienced Smith" states there is a 10% chance to give +2 relation , but it looks like it gives +4 always

BUT

i get +5 relation if i fail !??
Maybe the perc proc'd on the fail? DO you get relation + from unhappy customer usually? Also any +relation can be increased by charm skill, so who knows.

Oh, for sure some degree of monetization is planned. Personally though, I don't mind at all if they want to create extra things that expand the scope of the game and monetize them (like said elephant DLC). I only get annoyed when they monetize things which are already in the game/the existing scope of the game, but I haven't seen any indication yet that they are going to.

I'm ok with the custom skins earnable in game, but is it really necessary to implement them now, with... what, 300 players left?

When you move off of a fief and then click them in the troop party menu (not clan party) you can talk to them. Too bad they didn't get this done in the hotfix.

Maybe the perc proc'd on the fail? DO you get relation + from unhappy customer usually? Also any +relation can be increased by charm skill, so who knows.
normaly i get no relation at all fail or good , but since i got the perk i always get minimum +4 good or fail
and yes i have high charm (212 atm)

Anyways,
Look how min/max able sister is now! That's a really big improvement and i hope it's intentional! Hope the kids turn out like this too!
73Zij.jpg
The kids turn out even better:
gG8KI7T.jpg

I think it might be tied to their parents' level(s) at conception, not sure. This is a niece and brother + wife were level 20+ when kid was conceived.

Also mules and pack horses are overproduced in 1.6.2.
There are many towns with 1500 ++ horses or mules

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom