Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Inappropriate behavior
My understanding is that most of their developers and coders are not gamers themselves because of an extremely limited "gaming culture" in Turkey, resulting in most of their employees having absolutely no idea what a "video game" even is. This is just a rumour I heard, I have no idea if it's true or not. But it could potentially explain why they have extremely limited manpower to do quality control testing.

They should open positions to hire from Western countries IF the above is true, to get some employees with gaming experience into the company.

where did you heard that rumor? your local nazi sunday school?

Bandits spawing like a mad :shock::shock::shock:

AdPY32s.png
Those are rookie numbers.

where did you heard that rumor? your local nazi sunday school?
Is it really hard for you to imagine that in certain parts of the world, the gaming industry is much smaller than in others, and that this naturally leads to there being less gaming-inclined coders and technical people in said country? Grow up. Imagine getting angry and implying what I wrote earlier to somehow be "nazi".

My understanding is that most of their developers and coders are not gamers themselves because of an extremely limited "gaming culture" in Turkey, resulting in most of their employees having absolutely no idea what a "video game" even is. This is just a rumour I heard, I have no idea if it's true or not. But it could potentially explain why they have extremely limited manpower to do quality control testing.

They should open positions to hire from Western countries IF the above is true, to get some employees with gaming experience into the company.
oh yeah supreme westernerners everyone knows they are known for their qualitly control, everyone seeks them

which eastern company made the No Man Sky,cyberpunk 2077 etc_ iran? or japanese?, Korea

what a ****ty thing to imply that your culture somehow result in less quality and others with more based on where they are in geografic location
Hey TW hire more white people looks like they are known for their quality assurance :grin:

Is it really hard for you to imagine that in certain parts of the world, the gaming industry is much smaller than in others, and that this naturally leads to there being less gaming-inclined coders and technical people in said country? Grow up. Imagine getting angry and implying what I wrote earlier to somehow be "nazi".
you wrote their country cluless about gaming culture and dont know what video game is, and they should hire westerners like westerners somehow epitome of gaming culture or quality control, your pathetic attempt of spin dosent work while what you wrote still hanging above

When part of a kingdom, the player does not actually own the settlement after a conquest - it is distributed in a kingdom decision (that takes into account who conquered it, but also evaluates the distribution of fiefs in the kingdom as well as relationships between lords). Once you are given a fief in a kingdom, you do have the option to relinquish it to be distributed to someone else or to grant it to one of your vassals if you are a king.

Having said that, I am happy to bring up the suggestion to not take control of a settlement after a siege. It would only really make sense as a player (roleplay/4d chess) option imo, though. Devastated or not, settlements are the best value in the game. Not to mention that the investment to siege it will often hardly be worth it, if it isn't kept.

I definitely think there should be an option to just destroy everything, take the gold and then just leave it. Maybe it could work similairly to some of the total war games where you either can occupy it which gives less money but makes them like you more. Or sack and pillage it to just take all the money, or destroy everything to make it as useless as possible to the enemies. For that to work tho, pillaging and devastating actually needs to be good. Pillaging the town should give way more money. As for devastating the town, i only really see this being useful if you are planning on leaving it to your enemies. Then you can devastate the town to decrease its productivity and the amount of money it makes. I could also see devastate to be a good option if you wanted to spread your culture to the town, if stuff like that were possible. Overall i just think it would make it more strategic and immersive. The more choices you can make the better IMO

I like the new Devastate/Pillage options but I would like to echo what other's have said, @Duh_TaleWorlds, it would be good to have the option to abandon the city and for the AI to calculate if the city is too far from their nearest settlement to also abandon it. That would allow better economy-driven warfare and hopefully lay the way to let players get into defensive sieges / have the AI *not* stock settlements with only recruiters.

As for the rest of the patch? Super buggy. Baby army, Warband textures, static assets not loading, Bandits/Looters don't spawn ANYWHERE except for Khuzait which is hilarious because they're not snowballing because there are swarms of 300+ Steppe Bandits running around capturing them. But it breaks all of the "Problem with Bandits" "Needs Laborer" quests now because hideouts nor on-map spawns happen. I am also disappointed we still do not have AI lord deaths in auto-calcs yet, just "old age" deaths still.

Hope to see the Devstation/Pillaging expanded upon along with Civil Wars for the Rebellion feature. Would be a great impetus to start a civil war if 3 of your cities get torched and spring up Rebellions. Hopefully this will get a fresh look at the Steward / Engineering trees again with perks meant to help speed up recovery of pillaged settlements.

I like the new Devastate/Pillage options but I would like to echo what other's have said, @Duh_TaleWorlds, it would be good to have the option to abandon the city and for the AI to calculate if the city is too far from their nearest settlement to also abandon it. That would allow better economy-driven warfare and hopefully lay the way to let players get into defensive sieges / have the AI *not* stock settlements with only recruiters.

As for the rest of the patch? Super buggy. Baby army, Warband textures, static assets not loading, Bandits/Looters don't spawn ANYWHERE except for Khuzait which is hilarious because they're not snowballing because there are swarms of 300+ Steppe Bandits running around capturing them. But it breaks all of the "Problem with Bandits" "Needs Laborer" quests now because hideouts nor on-map spawns happen. I am also disappointed we still do not have AI lord deaths in auto-calcs yet, just "old age" deaths still.

Hope to see the Devstation/Pillaging expanded upon along with Civil Wars for the Rebellion feature. Would be a great impetus to start a civil war if 3 of your cities get torched and spring up Rebellions. Hopefully this will get a fresh look at the Steward / Engineering trees again with perks meant to help speed up recovery of pillaged settlements.
damn, am done with exams and wished to start a playthrough on the new patch. Guess I have to wait until they hotfix all this?...

Also agreed with the need for an option to not conquer cities. I don't see the point of destroying the settlement you want to capture... you should be able to not conquer a city, pillage it, and get a good amount of gold doing so.

Not so sure id agree here. Czechs tends to release some really good games and I would say the vast majority of games coming outta my beloved States suck badly. Innovation and creativity often surpass the mass appeal of large Western commercial gaming companies.

about pillage and devastate stuff

-right now what you gain from it very little and no point using those options, reward should be incrased with prosperity loss
-option to not to conquer
-another thing is factions pillaging their own culture's city after they take it back,which is pretty dumb honestly, why would you pillage your own people after rescuing them from enemy?

about pillage and devastate stuff

-right now what you gain from it very little and no point using those options, reward should be incrased with prosperity loss
-option to not to conquer
-another thing is factions pillaging their own culture's city after they take it back,which is pretty dumb honestly, why would you pillage your own people after rescuing them from enemy?
it should be ~14k but it's buggy. he later clarified that the number can be tweaked in the future.

damn, am done with exams and wished to start a playthrough on the new patch. Guess I have to wait until they hotfix all this?...

Also agreed with the need for an option to not conquer cities. I don't see the point of destroying the settlement you want to capture... you should be able to not conquer a city, pillage it, and get a good amount of gold doing so.
Seems to be a theme - TW releases some solid baseline options, minor QOL and aesthetics stuff, but then introduces a ton of memory leaks and other unintended items.

Hopefully a hotfix goes out this upcoming week to at least fix bandits - means you have to declare on minor factions the second early game starts and stay away from any area with the infinite steppe bandit printer turned on...

Seems to be a theme - TW releases some solid baseline options, minor QOL and aesthetics stuff, but then introduces a ton of memory leaks and other unintended items.

Hopefully a hotfix goes out this upcoming week to at least fix bandits - means you have to declare on minor factions the second early game starts and stay away from any area with the infinite steppe bandit printer turned on...
the performance seems better... way less stuttering/loading times... but I wonder if that is because of the messed up textures. The texture for my items doesn't load at all. But I'd honestly prefer it this way and without big loading times than otherwise

Improved the battle formations spawn system. Formations will now spawn within one of the four flanks during open field battles (from front to back order):
  • Center Flank: Skirmishers, Heavy Infantry, Infantry
  • Rear Flank: Ranged Units, Civilian Units
  • Left Flank: Heavy Cavalry, Cavalry,
  • Right Flank: Horse Archers, Light Cavalry.
I'm having a serious problem with my formation 2 and all others being massive squares and not a archer line!

This is not okay for how you've programmed the AI to fire weapons, they need to be in a long 2-3 deep line, this fat square wastes over 1/2 the troops. In previous versions putting HA into formation 2 let you have a line, now not even that works. They also spawn smashed too close together to function, putting them in loose makes the square, putting them in line make a more compact square, none of these are okay. This problem is less viable if you have small formation but it's very serious when your party gets larger. Please, I beg you, I have made numerous suggestions and bug reports regarding formations and AI's poor performance, please just give us pre-battle placement and more precise control over AI behavior and exact arrangements, it's very clear there's a major disconnect between what devs think the AI can do and how they actually perform.

So in my campaign there seem to be more and bigger bandit parties. I hope this won't be reduced, because it's enjoyable to fight more bandits. If you put less bandit parties please do make them bigger at least... with just a few ranged troops and you being able to be a horse archer/crossbowman, you can defeat parties of looters 3 times your size, with crossbow + 3 bags of bolts for example. Really need bigger bandit parties just to make them relevant and enjoyable to fight against. I fight 40 looters with just 15 crossbowmen and myself (low level crossbowmen), and I take no losses. I can even solo the looters tbh... need bigger and better!!

So sister chose engineering now, is this random or by designed or does something effect it? This is her first education choice to pop up. In old no-skill versions I make her a steward.

Appears to give me an option to add a 6th FP to engineering, will it just waste it or will it do something?

The other options are kinda crappy, if she's the engineer she can't do any of the other stuff offered...

I see the engineer as the first step to a good governor. Governors with high engineering build projects faster.

I see the engineer as the first step to a good governor. Governors with high engineering build projects faster.
She won't have high engineer though. She'll have really ****y engineering, 1/4 the skill of the worst engineer wanderer's, with 5 fp in engineering and nothing to show for it. It's been said before, but it really needs to give them at least 25 skill a pop when they make education choices or it's not going to mean **** when they join your clan. Also my clan doesn't do siege engines, we do I kill everything myself while they stay in safety.

She won't have high engineer though. She'll have really ****y engineering, 1/4 the skill of the worst engineer wanderer's, with 5 fp in engineering and nothing to show for it. It's been said before, but it really needs to give them at least 25 skill a pop when they make education choices or it's not going to mean **** when they join your clan. Also my clan doesn't do siege engines, we do I kill everything myself while they stay in safety.

What they need to do is have governors gain engineering xp while building projects or repairing walls, building seige for defence....

What they need to do is have governors gain engineering xp while building projects or repairing walls, building seige for defence....
IMO they should also gain some daily skill for most things they have FP in as governor and act as an emissary for issues. They can practice with the master of arms or garrison chief or whoever each day for some combat skill, then go to the library and study some... whatever passive skill... they could flesh it out with actual npcs and choices/upgrades, but that would adding something interesting to the game, so might as well just give them skill magically each day.

Back
Top Bottom