Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

Users who are viewing this thread

As a trader I carried over 1,000 and yes that is not reasonable to do, my trader went from a 5.5 speed to a 1.8 speed after penalty. I 100% agree there needed to be a herd penalty, armies running around with 1,000 horses and 5,000 days of food is not realistic, all I said is need to give "traders" a way to mitigate some of the penalty since it takes over 1500-2000 days to get everything has a price before the penalty, now it could take around 3000 or more, my simple solution, change the Aserai culture bonus from - barter penalty to maybe 25% herd penalty reduction because for a trader 25% herd reduction to the penalty really doesnt do a lot, but to get a 10X greater herd penalty and moved everything has a price from 225 to 300 has made playing a trader not worth doing

Currently you can get at least an additional 50% carry space by picking the right perks. IMHO the major problem is the small price range in the current economy. I did not ran around with that much horses, the profit has gone down a lot thanks to the smaller price ranges.

Currently you can get at least an additional 50% carry space by picking the right perks. IMHO the major problem is the small price range in the current economy. I did not ran around with that much horses, the profit has gone down a lot thanks to the smaller price ranges.
the perk you are talking about is great but most traders never get it, 175 in riding takes a long time and trader are on the campaign map where you dont get much riding exp, you get that in battle so that perk is almost useless, as far as the smaller price ranges, I made a thread on April 30th, yup that long ago it was never fixed

the perk you are talking about is great but most traders never get it, 175 in riding takes a long time and trader are on the campaign map where you dont get much riding exp, you get that in battle so that perk is almost useless, as far as the smaller price ranges, I made a thread on April 30th, yup that long ago it was never fixed
I used to buy cheap and sell in towns suffer from war. Usually it use to be good profit.
I think veterinary and herd penalty perks need to swap .
Alas, to play as a trader is useless now . No more perk allowing to buy fiefs , so nowhere to invest money . You just get rich , and what to do with this money ? It's funny , because even expensive equipment nowhere to be found . So you gonna be like dragon sleeping on pile of gold . Why dragon needs gold

I used to buy cheap and sell in towns suffer from war. Usually it use to be good profit.
Alas, to play as a trader is useless now . No more perk allowing to buy fiefs , so nowhere to invest money . You just get rich , and what to do with this money ? It's funny , because even expensive equipment nowhere to be found . So you gonna be like dragon sleeping on pile of gold . Why dragon needs gold

The desolation of having a mountain of dwarf gold and nothing to do.

everything has a price is at 300 which probably takes 2000-3000 days to get now

I meant two other perks. The first one is the second trading perk, Caravan Master, allowing 30% more weight and the third riding perk, Filled to the Brim, allowing 20% more pack animal capacity. Those two should be easily available even for traders.

I meant two other perks. The first one is the second trading perk, Caravan Master, allowing 30% more weight and the third riding perk, Filled to the Brim, allowing 20% more pack animal capacity. Those two should be easily available even for traders.
yes those are amazing I completely agree, but if you want to be real good at trading you need more than 50 mules or why trade when I could make 10X more just being a merc and owning fiefs at day 100 instead of waiting till day 2000-3000 to get the perk and buy them, with the move of the perk from 225 to 300 and the herd penalty just saying traders need a little lovin after two massive and yes I will say it "nerfs"

everything has a price is at 300 which probably takes 2000-3000 days to get now
Oh , I thought perk was gone. Ok that's interesting, but to get there I need what ? Invest 7 attribute points and 5 focus points I guess.
I hope they rework charm and leadership like they did with trading , so it will be worth to try social build.

Oh , I thought perk was gone. Ok that's interesting, but to get there I need what ? Invest 7 attribute points and 5 focus points I guess.
I hope they rework charm and leadership like they did with trading , so it will be worth to try social build.
Hi Eugene you will need 8 attribute points and 5 focus points. Gives you 302.

no 300 is 5 focus and 8 attribute I have a video that explains how to figure out hard caps

Hi Eugene you will need 8 attribute points and 5 focus points. Gives you 302.
Oh boy , 8 ?! Wow , I'm interested now , hope devs rework charm and leadership too. It's gonna be kinda social build. Like 5 fp in charm , 5 fp in leadership, 5 fp in trading. 9 ap in social. 2 go in athletic. 2 do in riding. And 2 in one handed. And roguery, but not sure will be enough fp. And bow , at least 2fp.
Thank you guys for info though.

Oh boy , 8 ?! Wow , I'm interested now , hope devs rework charm and leadership too. It's gonna be kinda social build. Like 5 fp in charm , 5 fp in leadership, 5 fp in trading. 9 ap in social. 2 go in athletic. 2 do in riding. And 2 in one handed. And roguery, but not sure will be enough fp. And bow , at least 2fp.
Thank you guys for info though.
I like to do 9 or 10 in social but with how powerful steward is, when they rework medicine and eng, intelligence can be very powerful also

Off topic, but is commonly depicted that dragons hoard treasures in the mating process.

Interesting why developers don't use continuous development tools, like instead of releasing a big patch each time and make a lot of hotfixes, release a big patch in smaller chunks, this way new stuff get's tested and integrated faster and no need for a lot of hotfixes.

Interesting why developers don't use continuous development tools, like instead of releasing a big patch each time and make a lot of hotfixes, release a big patch in smaller chunks, this way new stuff get's tested and integrated faster and no need for a lot of hotfixes.

I don't think that Steam supports this very well.

@mexxico

I know you get hit up a lot, but will there ever be the option to force spear use? Kind of like fire at will, but in this case force polearm and spear units to use them. For example, I put my pikemen in a formation and they mostly have their pikes/polearms on their backs and use swords which is not what I want them to do. Recruits are much better spearmen then elite pikemen because they only have spears in their inventory and not all the other crap like throwing weapons and swords. A block of pikemen should be a viable tactic in this game which currently and sadly it is not because of this very issue.

Back
Top Bottom