Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Ttauket

Recruit
Second chance ;
Hello guys,
I need help here, I can't play multiplayer on Bannerlord. The game is launching but there is any server, when I try to search a party I've got a message "Not all players are running the game with Anti-cheat".
I tried everything, Steam beta client, beta version of Bannerlord, Experimental Proton, nothing ! I have Proton BattlEye Runtime of course, I tried to check the files it's ok but I don't know why I can't uninstall it ? I have this message "An unexpected error occurred while uninstalling this application".
Help ! :smile:

AoC

Master Knight
Second chance ;
Hello guys,
I need help here, I can't play multiplayer on Bannerlord. The game is launching but there is any server, when I try to search a party I've got a message "Not all players are running the game with Anti-cheat".
I tried everything, Steam beta client, beta version of Bannerlord, Experimental Proton, nothing ! I have Proton BattlEye Runtime of course, I tried to check the files it's ok but I don't know why I can't uninstall it ? I have this message "An unexpected error occurred while uninstalling this application".
Help ! :smile:
You need to uninstall all games that rely on Battleye runtime to uninstall it. I run into the same problem on Ubuntu 21.10. So far i was unable to resolve it. Did you tried flatpack version? Might be a solution, at least i heard latest versions of flatpack helped someone resolving the issue.

Ttauket

Recruit
You need to uninstall all games that rely on Battleye runtime to uninstall it. I run into the same problem on Ubuntu 21.10. So far i was unable to resolve it. Did you tried flatpack version? Might be a solution, at least i heard latest versions of flatpack helped someone resolving the issue.
Nice job buddy, it worked. I was able to uninstall Proton BattlEye Runtime.

Thanks ! 👍 :wink:

Tell me more about this "flatpack" version :smile:

Edit : when I installed once again Bannerlord, Steam automatically installed "Proton BattlEye Runtime", I move the file to the same repository that the game. Still doesn't work ... :sad:

Last edited:

AoC

Master Knight
Nice job buddy, it worked. I was able to uninstall Proton BattlEye Runtime.

Thanks ! 👍 :wink:

Tell me more about this "flatpack" version :smile:

Edit : when I installed once again Bannerlord, Steam automatically installed "Proton BattlEye Runtime", I move the file to the same repository that the game. Still doesn't work ... :sad:

You need Flatpak version 1.12 or newer to run it properly.

Lornloth00

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Here is something for GoG users and the forum mods Bottles . It is a way to run Bannerlord in a Wine prefix easily and it even runs GoG Galaxy just like in Windows meaning you don't have do a complete download to update Bannerlord. It comes loaded with GE Proton, Lutris runners and other runners. This app automates installing Wine programs and games on Linux. I still haven't figured out how to get the official launcher to work either by the .lnk or the exe but the bannerlord.native.exe works. A surrogate for the official launcher is the Bannerlord Mod Launcher . Here is a video on it.

Top Bottom