Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Second chance ;
Hello guys,
I need help here, I can't play multiplayer on Bannerlord. The game is launching but there is any server, when I try to search a party I've got a message "Not all players are running the game with Anti-cheat".
I tried everything, Steam beta client, beta version of Bannerlord, Experimental Proton, nothing ! I have Proton BattlEye Runtime of course, I tried to check the files it's ok but I don't know why I can't uninstall it ? I have this message "An unexpected error occurred while uninstalling this application".
Help ! :smile:

Second chance ;
Hello guys,
I need help here, I can't play multiplayer on Bannerlord. The game is launching but there is any server, when I try to search a party I've got a message "Not all players are running the game with Anti-cheat".
I tried everything, Steam beta client, beta version of Bannerlord, Experimental Proton, nothing ! I have Proton BattlEye Runtime of course, I tried to check the files it's ok but I don't know why I can't uninstall it ? I have this message "An unexpected error occurred while uninstalling this application".
Help ! :smile:
You need to uninstall all games that rely on Battleye runtime to uninstall it. I run into the same problem on Ubuntu 21.10. So far i was unable to resolve it. Did you tried flatpack version? Might be a solution, at least i heard latest versions of flatpack helped someone resolving the issue.

You need to uninstall all games that rely on Battleye runtime to uninstall it. I run into the same problem on Ubuntu 21.10. So far i was unable to resolve it. Did you tried flatpack version? Might be a solution, at least i heard latest versions of flatpack helped someone resolving the issue.
Nice job buddy, it worked. I was able to uninstall Proton BattlEye Runtime.

Thanks ! ? :wink:

Tell me more about this "flatpack" version :smile:

Edit : when I installed once again Bannerlord, Steam automatically installed "Proton BattlEye Runtime", I move the file to the same repository that the game. Still doesn't work ... :sad:

Last edited:
Nice job buddy, it worked. I was able to uninstall Proton BattlEye Runtime.

Thanks ! ? :wink:

Tell me more about this "flatpack" version :smile:

Edit : when I installed once again Bannerlord, Steam automatically installed "Proton BattlEye Runtime", I move the file to the same repository that the game. Still doesn't work ... :sad:

You need Flatpak version 1.12 or newer to run it properly.

Here is something for GoG users and the forum mods Bottles . It is a way to run Bannerlord in a Wine prefix easily and it even runs GoG Galaxy just like in Windows meaning you don't have do a complete download to update Bannerlord. It comes loaded with GE Proton, Lutris runners and other runners. This app automates installing Wine programs and games on Linux. I still haven't figured out how to get the official launcher to work either by the .lnk or the exe but the bannerlord.native.exe works. A surrogate for the official launcher is the Bannerlord Mod Launcher . Here is a video on it.

Sorry for being late but GoG Bannerlord works fully in Bottles when using GE-Proton 7.15 or higher with the exception of multiplayer because of the anti cheat thing kicking players off servers. Right now I am using GE-Proton 7.17 in Linux Mint with blazing performance at high quality. I'm not running any dependencies either.

Sorry for being late but GoG Bannerlord works fully in Bottles when using GE-Proton 7.15 or higher with the exception of multiplayer because of the anti cheat thing kicking players off servers. Right now I am using GE-Proton 7.17 in Linux Mint with blazing performance at high quality. I'm not running any dependencies either.
Well, i play multiplayer and it's working on steam (proton-experimental). Didn't tried skirmish ranked mode, but custom servers are working (even official ones). New patch screwed up performance, but for everyone, not just on linux.

Land of Sika, RTS Camera and Mod Configuration Menu don't work in Linux as far as I can tell.
It seems to be some trouble with loading saves. Land of Sika I can't start a new game the game just hangs. RTS camera loads the game like normal but it can't load a save or start a new game, custom battle works. And the Mod Configuration Menu gets stuck before the title screen. Luckily I have a windows machine. I guess people can set up a virtual machine until this is figured out.

Looking through the code of RTS Camera some of it is in Chinese and Land of Sika is made by a Chinese team so maybe Linux or Proton can't read the Chinese and its stuck. I doubt the same is true for the Mod Configuration Menu.

Last edited:
For those interested, Land of Sika can be ran in Linux if you install .NET frameworks 4.7.2 in your prefix. Its best to create a seperate prefix and use a launcher app like the Bannerlord Mod Launcher from the nexus. Bannerlord Mod Launcher has graphical artifacts that make it hard to use but its the easiest way to start the game. Its possible to use the explorer to find an exe that will run the game.

Land of Sika with . NET 4.7.2. runs find for me but its a pain getting the Launcher to work.
The RTS mod works half way but saves can be loaded and new games can be started with a prefix that has .NET 4.7.2.

It was painful trying to figure this much out but Land of Sika can be played in Linux but with lots of elbow grease and a major pain in the butt.

For those interested, Land of Sika can be ran in Linux if you install .NET frameworks 4.7.2 in your prefix. Its best to create a seperate prefix and use a launcher app like the Bannerlord Mod Launcher from the nexus. Bannerlord Mod Launcher has graphical artifacts that make it hard to use but its the easiest way to start the game. Its possible to use the explorer to find an exe that will run the game.

Land of Sika with . NET 4.7.2. runs find for me but its a pain getting the Launcher to work.
The RTS mod works half way but saves can be loaded and new games can be started with a prefix that has .NET 4.7.2.

It was painful trying to figure this much out but Land of Sika can be played in Linux but with lots of elbow grease and a major pain in the butt.
Does this also work for RBM?

For me, i can't browse servers - only can search Siege/TDM/Captain/Skirmish. So it's linux we don't prioritize you and might break you anytime when it comes to multiplayer.

Yes, through steam's proton. It's straight forward. I don't know about GOG releases.
Its almost the same just use the Heroic game launcher which almost just like Steam but for GoG and Epic but the best one is use.bottles at least for me. Get them from the app store for your distro. Also check the 'redist' (something like that) directory my understanding is that most games have such a directory that come with its dependencies just install them in the prefix and experiment to see if they give you better performance and more compatibility with mods. And another thing is that for now the Inworld AI mod doesn't work in Linux it will take a better user than I to figure out how to get to work in Linux, ask around on some Linux forums for help. Many mods that use harmony work in Linux through a version of wine but not all you have to tinker like the rest of us and report your results.

I'm very excited about the release of Bannerlord (finally), but I'm using Linux and since this game doesn't have a native Linux version yet, I'm wondering if any of you have tried to run it via Proton?

indicate the game is borked due to the somewhat recent addition of anti-cheat, but I think I've read installing the anti-cheat software is optional (since it's only "needed" for multiplayer)?

I'd find out myself, but 40 bucks are a bit much to spend on a chance. Thanks!
pikashow.fyi
ppssppgold.one

Last edited:
Works fine for me with Proton 7.0-6. (Just noted that Proton 8.0-2 is available, I'll probably move to that next time I play.)

The anti-cheat has not caused me any problems. I've not tried to multiplayer.

Some info:

Today I installed linux mint 21.1. Its the first time I used linux. But with google, I managed myself.

V1.2 beta works for me on steam with the proton experimental version. Needed to disable steam overlay and added '.net 4.8' with proton tricks.

The game runs smooth like on windows, but the colors are darker. I noticed some gfx popups. I will try some mods this weekend. (I7 4770, 16gb ram, gtx 1080, ssd)

Anyone know whats the best/easiest program to monitor hardware performance ingame? My first search was mangohud. Is this good or is there a better alternative? Thanks in advance!

Amazing! I have the same distro but I have been using it for three years. I made a test prefix and it kind of worked but its not smooth. Installing .net 4.8 is not an easy feat in Linux so compliments. I hope that Taleworlds fixes this so that it runs like it did before 1.2 but with 1.2. Pretty impressive because there are threads in Steam and here about this beta not working in Linux.

Back
Top Bottom