Make Bannerlord better - remove half of the features

Users who are viewing this thread

I just got discouraged by another traditional "try Bannerlord again every 6 months" run.

I'm not following development closely (obviously), so I'm still kind-of hoping they are still polishing the engine and combat thus ignoring the rest. If that's the case, I can wait few more years, no problem.

But even then, it would make sense to get rid of extraneous nonsense features first.

Just as an example: get rid of 360 (!) perks in character progression. Who needs 360 annoying non-decisions, and each needs brainstorms, texts, translations, developing actual effects, testing, balancing, documenting, communicating, etc.

Similar with HALF of the game features. It's a mess.

Rant mode off.

Half of the features have already been removed lol
Most of the major features that were added since release eventually came around to making the core gameplay loop even worse. The most popular example, according to how often it comes up, would be the OOB. Everyone was super-excited for it, then realized they'd had a year to get used to the original way and the easy UI just served to create a bunch of new issues.

It also didn't do anything to the core loop except make it slightly more grindy.

I just got discouraged by another traditional "try Bannerlord again every 6 months" run.

I'm not following development closely (obviously), so I'm still kind-of hoping they are still polishing the engine and combat thus ignoring the rest. If that's the case, I can wait few more years, no problem.

But even then, it would make sense to get rid of extraneous nonsense features first.

Just as an example: get rid of 360 (!) perks in character progression. Who needs 360 annoying non-decisions, and each needs brainstorms, texts, translations, developing actual effects, testing, balancing, documenting, communicating, etc.

Similar with HALF of the game features. It's a mess.

Rant mode off.
I am with you on the perk systems. I don't care for it. It is indeed to much, especially if you want your clan members to progress to a specific role. The perks for a good governor a spread over multiple skills. In this case the simpler warband system was better. I also don't like all the captain perks. I find it very unrealistic that a soldier fights better just a minuta after beiing assigned a new captain. Secondly it messes up balancing different factions and troop trees. How could you compare them if evere extra character and banner adds +% effects to their skills. Captains and banners should only effect morale and formations.

Most of the major features that were added since release eventually came around to making the core gameplay loop even worse. The most popular example, according to how often it comes up, would be the OOB. Everyone was super-excited for it, then realized they'd had a year to get used to the original way and the easy UI just served to create a bunch of new issues.

It also didn't do anything to the core loop except make it slightly more grindy.
Because features are always implemented in a way that is almost good but ultimately frustrating and then feedback is mostly ignored. If they returned the ability to assign units to formations in the OOB system and remove the randomness there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about it.

Back
Top Bottom